Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heavy Heart

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Heavy Heart Empty Heavy Heart 4/6/2013, 8:01 pm

I do not know how many of you heard on the news last night regarding the bicyclist that was struck and killed in Cantonment yesterday. The person that was killed is a close friend of mine. I met him when I first moved to Pensacola and he basically took me under his wing and we became like brothers. He leaves behind a wife and 2 sons, one whom is a Captain in the USMC stationed in CA.

I am not a praying individual, but I know that some of you here are and I request that you keeps this family in your thought and prayers.

Thanks to all.

2Heavy Heart Empty Re: Heavy Heart 4/6/2013, 8:24 pm

2seaoat

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, and his family will be in my prayers. Do you know what happened.

3Heavy Heart Empty Re: Heavy Heart 4/6/2013, 8:51 pm

I am very sadden for your lost. He will be remembered in our prayers and thoughts by many of us. Just today I was speaking to some people about the accident. What a tragedy. ....

Bicyclist was struck by a vehicle and killed this afternoon on Highway 29 in Cantonment.
The accident happened about 3:50 p.m. in the northbound lanes of Highway 29 just south of Archer Road, near Johnson’s Septic Tank. The Florida Highway Patrol said 51-year old Leila K. Pouncey of Pensacola was northbound in a 2012 Ford F150. Robert G. Hemme, age 51 of Pensacola was also northbound on Highway 29 on the paved shoulder on his bicycle when he was struck by Pouncey’s pickup.
Hemme was ejected from his Schwinn bicycle; he was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The accident remains under investigation by the Florida Highway Patrol. Charges are pending further investigation, according to theFHP.
Pictured: A bicyclist was struck and killed on Highway 29 in Cantonment Friday afternoon. NorthEscambia.com photos by Kristi Smith, click to enlarge.
Heavy Heart 29bikefatal-540x320

4Heavy Heart Empty Re: Heavy Heart 4/6/2013, 8:56 pm

2seaoat wrote:I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, and his family will be in my prayers. Do you know what happened.

So far all we know is that he was riding his bike on the paved shoulder of Hwy 29 near Archer Rd and a lady if an F-150 p/u hit him. From all reports that I have heard he was killed instantly. The investigation is still ongoing of course.

With all the shock in that household and notification of next of kin in South Florida and his son in CA(Captain USMC) they really did not notify us by phone. I actually found out when the name was released and NorthEscambia.com released it and you better believe it was a complete shock. You see something on the news and it never crosses your mind that it may have involved someone you know.

5Heavy Heart Empty Re: Heavy Heart 4/6/2013, 9:02 pm

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:I am very sadden for your lost. He will be remembered in our prayers and thoughts by many of us. Just today I was speaking to some people about the accident. What a tragedy. ....

Bicyclist was struck by a vehicle and killed this afternoon on Highway 29 in Cantonment.
The accident happened about 3:50 p.m. in the northbound lanes of Highway 29 just south of Archer Road, near Johnson’s Septic Tank. The Florida Highway Patrol said 51-year old Leila K. Pouncey of Pensacola was northbound in a 2012 Ford F150. Robert G. Hemme, age 51 of Pensacola was also northbound on Highway 29 on the paved shoulder on his bicycle when he was struck by Pouncey’s pickup.
Hemme was ejected from his Schwinn bicycle; he was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The accident remains under investigation by the Florida Highway Patrol. Charges are pending further investigation, according to theFHP.
Pictured: A bicyclist was struck and killed on Highway 29 in Cantonment Friday afternoon. NorthEscambia.com photos by Kristi Smith, click to enlarge.
Heavy Heart 29bikefatal-540x320

That's it HG, thanks for posting.

6Heavy Heart Empty Re: Heavy Heart 4/8/2013, 1:03 am

My condolences for your friend, Ghost. It must be hard.

7Heavy Heart Empty Re: Heavy Heart 4/20/2013, 8:42 pm

knothead

knothead

GR, please accept my sincere condolences in the loss of your friend, what a tragedy, I am so sorry. . . .

8Heavy Heart Empty Re: Heavy Heart 4/20/2013, 8:46 pm

Terrible... sorry for your and the families loss.

9Heavy Heart Empty Re: Heavy Heart 4/24/2013, 10:12 pm

Sorry for your loss Sergeant Major.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum