Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you think is responsible for this? White supremacists? Mexican drug cartels?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This is really creepy. Someone is off the rails in Texas when law enforcement types are gunned down in their own homes.

District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, were gunned down at their home outside Dallas on Saturday two months after another prosecutor there was shot to death.
A white supremacist group has been thought to be planning retaliation after indictments in a racketeering case, and the state has recently warned about Mexican drug cartels.
But authorities have not said the killings of the two prosecutors are linked and have not announced any leads in the McLellands’ deaths.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/01/17549000-texas-community-in-shock-over-slaying-of-da-wife?lite

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:This is really creepy. Someone is off the rails in Texas when law enforcement types are gunned down in their own homes.

District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, were gunned down at their home outside Dallas on Saturday two months after another prosecutor there was shot to death.
A white supremacist group has been thought to be planning retaliation after indictments in a racketeering case, and the state has recently warned about Mexican drug cartels.
But authorities have not said the killings of the two prosecutors are linked and have not announced any leads in the McLellands’ deaths.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/01/17549000-texas-community-in-shock-over-slaying-of-da-wife?lite

I agree OS . . . . . pretty scary but absent confirmation of who and/or why this is happening it remains . . . . . as you said creepy.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence in criminal cases, especially capital ones and are protected by immunity.

I'll bet the sheriff who said on TV that they're gonna get them is next.. or one of his family members...dorner style.. ruthless.. white supremacist would be my pick..

knothead wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:This is really creepy. Someone is off the rails in Texas when law enforcement types are gunned down in their own homes.

I agree OS . . . . . pretty scary but absent confirmation of who and/or why this is happening it remains . . . . . as you said creepy.

cartels are the biggest threat to Texas. It was in the news just last week.....another reason for a STRONG FENCE and PATROLS on border

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/03/29/mexican-drug-cartels-biggest-threat-to-texas-and-its-residents/

It's a major waste of money to build a fence when they'll just dig a tunnel..
Decriminalize weed and let everybody grow their own and the market will crash..

This fits the mo of the mexican cartels... they do this in mexico frequently. Hope they can solve it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/02/how-the-aryan-brotherhood-kills-from-the-gang-signs-to-the-sanctioned-hits.html

2seaoat

My daughter prosecutes gang bangers....they make innuendo and threats daily. She has been told by public defenders a certain gang was asking how her new birth went as it was the topic of conversation in the County jail.....when you prosecute bad people.....you are always at risk. However, when folks are stupid enough to go after a prosecutor.....you usually get a full court press from the feds.......A gang knows that every member could be looking at jail time if they go RICO and play hardball, so it is rare that an organized group will go after a prosecutor....usually a pissed off lone wolf, but if we are seeing that crossover.....all hell will break loose, and it will be the gangs on the losing end of that proposition.

Put the white supremacists on the border to keep them from crossing.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:However, when folks are stupid enough to go after a prosecutor.....you usually get a full court press from the feds.......A gang knows that every member could be looking at jail time if they go RICO and play hardball, so it is rare that an organized group will go after a prosecutor

While I would agree that it would be foolhardy for any organized crime operation to go after prosecutors, I will point out that these are white supremacists, not Mensa members.

Most of them don't have family that will claim them and their gang is all they have.. Starting the RICO act was way for the gov to declare war on gangs and they should expect the hardcore ones to react..

2seaoat

My daughter just got a conviction on a double murder by gangbangers which was a cold case from the late 1990s. It came about because the feds absolutely invaded a community where there were allegations that the police had been compromised by gangs......they prosecuted everybody.....they opened cold cases and prosecuted. The feds absolutely broke the back of gangs in the community and murder rates dropped all the way down to zero one year when 15-20 was common. Pensacola has a gang problem. Officials simply ignore reality, and I believe that the feds need a task force which puts a wooden stake in the gangs....prosecuting and opening cold cases. Once the gangs see the resources and energy of these task forces.....they scurry for another community. The rats jump ship. However, folks think their police departments are clean.....but they get intimidated, and compromised with money flowing into officers who tip local gangs about any efforts......the feds come in and simply blow up any preexisting arrangements and they scurry for cover. When you harm cops or prosecutor families.....you are signing your organizations death certificate.

I put the pnj in that category too. I think it was most likely political correctness... but intimidation could play a part too.

There are reports that a white supremacist group and probably other thugs have made threats against the DA...and with the ruthlessness of the cartels doubt there would be surprise if they were behind this act of cowardace..

2seaoat

I will point out that these are white supremacists, not Mensa members.

Top leadership of gangs are sophisticated and intelligent. That is why traditionally they do not harm LEO, prosecutors, or judges. They know their criminal enterprises will be shut down. It is organizational suicide to crossover. Now, you could have a splinter group, a lone wolf, or an attempt to completely crossover and declare war.....similar to the Colombian and Mexican experiences......that is a crazy strategic choice.

Dreamsglore wrote:I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence in criminal cases, especially capital ones and are protected by immunity.

Only in the warped mind of 'nightmare' could there be an allegation that prosecutors (TONS OF THEM) withhold evidence in criminal cases...so somehow this man brought it on himself and his innocent wife?...Now that's really some sick...warped thinking or lackthereof....May be one of the most shameful posts by 'nightmare'...

2seaoat wrote: I will point out that these are white supremacists, not Mensa members.

Top leadership of gangs are sophisticated and intelligent. That is why traditionally they do not harm LEO, prosecutors, or judges. They know their criminal enterprises will be shut down. It is organizational suicide to crossover. Now, you could have a splinter group, a lone wolf, or an attempt to completely crossover and declare war.....similar to the Colombian and Mexican experiences......that is a crazy strategic choice.

You're correct but as you said the top leaders do have some sense..
They have splinter groups do their dirty work now..
Don't ask me how I know Twisted Evil

Lurch wrote:
2seaoat wrote: I will point out that these are white supremacists, not Mensa members.

You're correct but as you said the top leaders do have some sense..
They have splinter groups do their dirty work now..
Don't ask me how I know Twisted Evil

To further add.....the kkk members of the past....like the metzgers (father and son)...have moved out of the hoods/robes into business suits and are giving the orders to white supremacists...so intellignece may not be a fit with anyone affiliated....

2seaoat

There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence in criminal cases,

I think this is less likely each year as prosecutors are keenly aware of their ethical duty. Does it happen? yes. Is there a ton of prosecutors withholding evidence? No, there is not. Folks are increasingly understanding that wrongful prosecutions have consequences. Young prosecutors in their training are drilled on these ethical points, but in any organization you will find lazy people cutting corners.

It may turn out to be white supremacists are responsible... but it reminds me of several instances lately where the leftists have jumped to blame the right or white such as the Gifford shooting. Let the dust settle before we start the propaganda comrades.

2seaoat

Let the dust settle before we start the propaganda comrades.

Certainly your point is valid....we need to get investigation results, but there is no qualification that the head of Colorado prisons was killed by a White supremacist who was killed and his affiliations were clearly understood.

2seaoat wrote:There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence in criminal cases,

I think this is less likely each year as prosecutors are keenly aware of their ethical duty. Does it happen? yes. Is there a ton of prosecutors withholding evidence? No, there is not. Folks are increasingly understanding that wrongful prosecutions have consequences. Young prosecutors in their training are drilled on these ethical points, but in any organization you will find lazy people cutting corners.

Wrongful prosecutions do not have any consequences for the prosecutors. They have immunity. There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence. You just are not familiar w/ it.

2seaoat

Wrongful prosecutions do not have any consequences for the prosecutors. They have immunity. There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence. You just are not familiar w/ it.

Once again you overstate your position.....a little knowledge can get most people in trouble. If you think losing your law license is not having consequences.....well we are all entitled to our opinions.

2seaoat wrote:Wrongful prosecutions do not have any consequences for the prosecutors. They have immunity. There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence. You just are not familiar w/ it.

Once again you overstate your position.....a little knowledge can get most people in trouble. If you think losing your law license is not having consequences.....well we are all entitled to our opinions.

You can't lose your law license when you haven't been convicted of anything and you can't be convicted when you have immunity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum