Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you think is responsible for this? White supremacists? Mexican drug cartels?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

You can't lose your law license when you haven't been convicted of anything and you can't be convicted when you have immunity.

You are clueless on this subject. A person can lose their law license without being convicted of any crime......you can face a federal 1983 action which deals with malicious prosecution and the Supreme Court in the Albright decision set forth the very complex method to allow the same under the fourth amendment. The Supremes ruled that in Albright he did not meet the threshold, but the written decisions concur with common law malicious prosecution proofs......which can override an immunity under state law if it meets all the elements......Please talk about stuff you know about. I do not want to waste my time with you back tracking to cover your lack of knowledge in this area.

Yes, it is very difficult to punish prosecutors, but all through the land prosecutors are losing their law licenses and are facing malicious cause of action from wrongfully charged defendants, and the Supreme Court clearly has said a fourth amendment violation where the prosecutor meets all the tests can in fact face the cause of action. My daughter was trained with full knowledge that an attorney prosecutor lost his law license, and never was convicted of a crime. The Supreme Courts of each state set forth the ethical standards which each licensed attorney must comply.....it does not require a crime to lose that license........rather the damage to the victim, and the intent of the prosecutor. In some states like Texas they are using other statutory methods of taking law licenses away from prosecutors

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb/04/nation/la-na-nn-texas-prosecutor-inquiry-20130204

However, a simple complaint in most states will lead to a hearing on the conduct of a prosecutor. My daughter knows that every action she takes in her official capacity could result in the loss of her law license. They are trained that they are there to do justice.....not simply get convictions. She sees laziness as the greatest cause of cover ups where prosecutors do not prepare their disclosures and subpoenas and then do not read their discovery.......in some instances I would agree it is very intentional, but I cannot think of any younger prosecutor not understanding the risk.

2seaoat wrote:You can't lose your law license when you haven't been convicted of anything and you can't be convicted when you have immunity.

You are clueless on this subject. A person can lose their law license without being convicted of any crime......you can face a federal 1983 action which deals with malicious prosecution and the Supreme Court in the Albright decision set forth the very complex method to allow the same under the fourth amendment. The Supremes ruled that in Albright he did not meet the threshold, but the written decisions concur with common law malicious prosecution proofs......which can override an immunity under state law if it meets all the elements......Please talk about stuff you know about. I do not want to waste my time with you back tracking to cover your lack of knowledge in this area.

Yes, it is very difficult to punish prosecutors, but all through the land prosecutors are losing their law licenses and are facing malicious cause of action from wrongfully charged defendants, and the Supreme Court clearly has said a fourth amendment violation where the prosecutor meets all the tests can in fact face the cause of action. My daughter was trained with full knowledge that an attorney prosecutor lost his law license, and never was convicted of a crime. The Supreme Courts of each state set forth the ethical standards which each licensed attorney must comply.....it does not require a crime to lose that license........rather the damage to the victim, and the intent of the prosecutor. In some states like Texas they are using other statutory methods of taking law licenses away from prosecutors

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb/04/nation/la-na-nn-texas-prosecutor-inquiry-20130204

However, a simple complaint in most states will lead to a hearing on the conduct of a prosecutor. My daughter knows that every action she takes in her official capacity could result in the loss of her law license. They are trained that they are there to do justice.....not simply get convictions. She sees laziness as the greatest cause of cover ups where prosecutors do not prepare their disclosures and subpoenas and then do not read their discovery.......in some instances I would agree it is very intentional, but I cannot think of any younger prosecutor not understanding the risk.

Bill Clinton lost his law license over lying about Monica Lewinsky. Nuf said.

2seaoat wrote:You can't lose your law license when you haven't been convicted of anything and you can't be convicted when you have immunity.

I can talk about anything I want to,Seaoat. Who the hell are you to tell people to talk about stuff they know about? As if you're an expert on everything. I don't give a rat's ass about your daughter the prosecutor or what her opinion is. Tons of people are falsely prosecuted and not a damn thing happens to the prosecutor. It is extremely rare a prosecutor is held accountable for falsely convicting people or lose their law license. A recent supreme court ruling upheld their immunity making it virtually impossible to get these people. Don't give me any lectures on prosecutors risks. You live in friggin lala land when it comes to how people really are or extremely ignorant of how prevalent this is. Oh and a simple complaint will lead to a hearing on it? That's so ridiculous it's funny.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence in criminal cases, especially capital ones and are protected by immunity.

That's an extremely serious accusation give you have nothing but your opinion, and perhaps prior convictions, to back you up.

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence in criminal cases, especially capital ones and are protected by immunity.

That's an extremely serious accusation give you have nothing but your opinion, and perhaps prior convictions, to back you up.

Tons of prosecutors really isn't too many since most of them are overweight slobs..

Markle

Markle

Lurch wrote:It's a major waste of money to build a fence when they'll just dig a tunnel..
Decriminalize weed and let everybody grow their own and the market will crash..

Yes, encourage everyone including kids to just stay stoned. Besides, no other contraband comes across the border illegally.

Markle

Markle

Here is the invasion, our Federal Government is ignoring, from South of our Border along with all the gangs.

Who do you think is responsible for this? White supremacists? Mexican drug cartels? - Page 2 MexicanDrugCartels-in-AmericaBlaze

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/has-your-city-been-infiltrated-by-mexican-drug-cartels-find-out-here/

Lurch wrote:
Markle wrote:

Tons of prosecutors really isn't too many since most of them are overweight slobs..

Lol... Cmon. I'm the most cynical person here and that cracked me up.

2seaoat

She simply does not know what she is talking about. There is no polite way to say it. She wrote in plain English that an attorney cannot lose their law license without being convicted of a crime.....her ignorance on this subject is so glaring it is not even worth the discussion. I have done this at least 10 times where she says something absurd about the law, and then argues for three days calling me names and then twisting her statements that she never said that.............Again.....she is very intelligent on some subjects, but on legal issues she goes half cocked into her imagination without a scintilla of understanding, and then tells me I am a know it all, and arrogant.....well she got that part right....she simply did not get the issue at hand correct.

Yes prosecutors get disbarred for ethical violations and may never be charged with a crime, and do in fact lose their law licenses.

2seaoat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Nifong

Can you say Mike Nifong Dreams........how can I be a know it all and arrogant when any freshman in college understands what you do not understand. I try to be polite when you are wrong, but you simply refuse to say......gee Seaoat, I was mistaken......rather you attack the person who clearly shows that you are clueless on a subject. Today Bob corrected me on my recollection of the queen's stairs in the Bahamas as having a Colombus memorial.......he was right, and I was wrong........I was happy he corrected me......my memory was incorrect, and he took the time to correct me.....I did not call him arrogant.....he is not....he was right and I was wrong. I did not call him a know it all .......because he knew just enough to correct my mistake. You ought to try it. You do not melt when you admit a mistake.

2seaoat wrote:That's an extremely serious accusation give you have nothing but your opinion, and perhaps prior convictions, to back you up.

She simply does not know what she is talking about. There is no polite way to say it. She wrote in plain English that an attorney cannot lose their law license without being convicted of a crime.....her ignorance on this subject is so glaring it is not even worth the discussion. I have done this at least 10 times where she says something absurd about the law, and then argues for three days calling me names and then twisting her statements that she never said that.............Again.....she is very intelligent on some subjects, but on legal issues she goes half cocked into her imagination without a scintilla of understanding, and then tells me I am a know it all, and arrogant.....well she got that part right....she simply did not get the issue at hand correct.

Yes prosecutors get disbarred for ethical violations and may never be charged with a crime, and do in fact lose their law licenses.

That's 'nightmare'....wrong again!....'Intelligent on some subjects'???Now that's funny don't care who you are...

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Again.....she is very intelligent on some subjects,

Intelligent on some subjects'???

Yes, quite so.

Unlike you.

2seaoat

Yes, quite so.

Yes she is.....probably one of the smartest posters we have on the forums....she just has this stubborn streak which I admire, but not when she is off the tracks. When she is on the tracks she can knock down anybody on this forum.

2seaoat wrote:That's an extremely serious accusation give you have nothing but your opinion, and perhaps prior convictions, to back you up.

Ok Seaoat I'll give you this one but let me clarify this w/ this statement. It is extremely rare when a prosecutor is charged w/ the crime of framing someone.Yes, they can lose their law license for a variety of things but they normally wouldn't unless they were charged w/ a criminal violation for this.The loss of a law license doesn't compare to what a defendant suffers who has been falsely accused of a crime.So your narrative of ethics and risks are not comparable. You are incorrect when you say we've done this 10 times. You think your OPINION is carved in stone when it is fact an opinion most of the time. You are an unrepentant bloviator w/ a superiority complex and I'm far from intimidated by you or your pomposity. You can opine all you want about other people's understanding of an issue if it makes you feel superior but you really don't know. All you're after is looking more knowledgeable. I got your number and I've heard the message before.

2seaoat wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Nifong

Can you say Mike Nifong Dreams........how can I be a know it all and arrogant when any freshman in college understands what you do not understand. I try to be polite when you are wrong, but you simply refuse to say......gee Seaoat, I was mistaken......rather you attack the person who clearly shows that you are clueless on a subject. Today Bob corrected me on my recollection of the queen's stairs in the Bahamas as having a Colombus memorial.......he was right, and I was wrong........I was happy he corrected me......my memory was incorrect, and he took the time to correct me.....I did not call him arrogant.....he is not....he was right and I was wrong. I did not call him a know it all .......because he knew just enough to correct my mistake. You ought to try it. You do not melt when you admit a mistake.

No, Seaoat-you attacked me. You didn't merely point out it was incorrect and were polite. You were condescending and insulting.

2seaoat

No, Seaoat-you attacked me. You didn't merely point out it was incorrect and were polite. You were condescending and insulting.

If you think that was an attack, well you are thin skinned and incorrect. I simply said you were wrong, and when you persisted to compound your wrong statements, I was firm. I was not mean spirited, and yes you do have my number.....I am arrogant......I often am condescending, but you have never seen me attack or be vulgar with anybody since I have participated on forums.....never. People get uncomfortable if I become direct which is usually not my method....I try to use humor and irony to sway a person in discussions, but when somebody is simply wrong by any objective standard....tell me how I could have corrected you without you taking it as an attack. This has happened before, and I hold no grudges being called names because I respect your stubborness.......but you have no idea what a Seaoat attack is......I would never do it on these forums. I think one member on the forum who I respect and challenged finally communicated to me my comments were hurtful, and I realized that my intent was never to hurt, but I was touching buttons which I really had no business, and I have been very careful in discussions with that forum member out of respect, but really.......you are tougher than nails, and I certainly do not think I should adjust my comments, but if you really think I am attacking you and you are sensitive to the same, I can easily be much softer when discussing issues with you.......but I suspect you would simply say FU seaoat....and that is what I enjoy about you.

2seaoat wrote:No, Seaoat-you attacked me. You didn't merely point out it was incorrect and were polite. You were condescending and insulting.

If you think that was an attack, well you are thin skinned and incorrect. I simply said you were wrong, and when you persisted to compound your wrong statements, I was firm. I was not mean spirited, and yes you do have my number.....I am arrogant......I often am condescending, but you have never seen me attack or be vulgar with anybody since I have participated on forums.....never. People get uncomfortable if I become direct which is usually not my method....I try to use humor and irony to sway a person in discussions, but when somebody is simply wrong by any objective standard....tell me how I could have corrected you without you taking it as an attack. This has happened before, and I hold no grudges being called names because I respect your stubborness.......but you have no idea what a Seaoat attack is......I would never do it on these forums. I think one member on the forum who I respect and challenged finally communicated to me my comments were hurtful, and I realized that my intent was never to hurt, but I was touching buttons which I really had no business, and I have been very careful in discussions with that forum member out of respect, but really.......you are tougher than nails, and I certainly do not think I should adjust my comments, but if you really think I am attacking you and you are sensitive to the same, I can easily be much softer when discussing issues with you.......but I suspect you would simply say FU seaoat....and that is what I enjoy about you.

What I meant was you were saying I call you names for three days but you don't equate your insults as attacking. There are different styles of attacking and yours is to try and diminish someone's intelligence by saying they are clueless or don't understand as your opinion and knowledge is superior. Rest assured, I can take it as I am not easily influenced by other's opinions but by no means don't believe you are not attacking. You just do it more subtly by trying to assert your intellectual dismissiveness. I don't want you to change any of your responses but I also don't want you to criticize me when I attack back to you or anyone else. You can call someone an idiot in a lot of different ways. Tru dat?

2seaoat

Wrongful prosecutions do not have any consequences for the prosecutors. They have immunity. There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence. You just are not familiar w/ it.

Once again you overstate your position.....a little knowledge can get most people in trouble. If you think losing your law license is not having consequences.....well we are all entitled to our opinions.

I was not dismissive, rather I suggested you did not have sufficient knowledge on this subject

You can't lose your law license when you haven't been convicted of anything and you can't be convicted when you have immunity.

You now have corrected me with something which was completely untrue

I responded and did use the word clueless. I did this because you completely misunderstood that prosecutors all over the country were losing their jobs and their licenses because of unethical conduct in prosecutions, and early you told me I was not familiar..........You would not have said that if you had gotten a clue from my earlier comments, and were familiar with what is happening EVERYWHERE with prosecutors who have breached their ethical duty. I certainly only wanted to correct you, and in the future I will try to avoid the word clueless because that is too broad of a term and it is dismissive, and will try to narrow our discussion to the facts and simply say you are wrong in my opinion.

2seaoat wrote:Wrongful prosecutions do not have any consequences for the prosecutors. They have immunity. There are tons of prosecutors who withhold evidence. You just are not familiar w/ it.

Once again you overstate your position.....a little knowledge can get most people in trouble. If you think losing your law license is not having consequences.....well we are all entitled to our opinions.

I was not dismissive, rather I suggested you did not have sufficient knowledge on this subject

You now have corrected me with something which was completely untrue

I responded and did use the word clueless. I did this because you completely misunderstood that prosecutors all over the country were losing their jobs and their licenses because of unethical conduct in prosecutions, and early you told me I was not familiar..........You would not have said that if you had gotten a clue from my earlier comments, and were familiar with what is happening EVERYWHERE with prosecutors who have breached their ethical duty. I certainly only wanted to correct you, and in the future I will try to avoid the word clueless because that is too broad of a term and it is dismissive, and will try to narrow our discussion to the facts and simply say you are wrong in my opinion.

Please provide some proof prosecutors all over the country are losing their law licenses. I'd like to see that so I can eat my words gladly besides Nifong. Do you really think losing your law license equates to someone sitting on death row for 25 years? Really?

2seaoat

Do you really think losing your law license equates to someone sitting on death row for 25 years? Really?

Gee, I thought you understood false equivalencies.....why would you use one now? Why am I now defending prosecutors who have done something wrong when I have suggested that they should be punished and are being punished. I am not going to be your trained seal, but I will say this......prosecutors losing their ticket for unethical behavior is nothing new, and two of my high school classmates lost their law license for a year when the State Supreme Court disbarred them for unethical conduct by prosecutors......and this was in 1978. They reapplied after the discipline period to reinstate their license, but they did not break the law and I coached soccer with one of the individuals.......He F'd up and lied and altered documents which was not a criminal offense, but it was found to be unethical, lost his job and his profession for over a year.

I guess I can say far more misconduct by prosecutors goes unpunished, but it really has become a nightmare for some folks since DNA evidence. Groups advocating justice are opening old case files and going after those for malicious prosecution......to the extent a civil judgment can partially repay a person for malicious prosecution.....I think the trend is good.....where before the late sixties Sovereign Immunity was almost an absolute bar to recovery, almost all immunity statues now have exceptions for willful behavior.

2seaoat wrote:Do you really think losing your law license equates to someone sitting on death row for 25 years? Really?

Gee, I thought you understood false equivalencies.....why would you use one now? Why am I now defending prosecutors who have done something wrong when I have suggested that they should be punished and are being punished. I am not going to be your trained seal, but I will say this......prosecutors losing their ticket for unethical behavior is nothing new, and two of my high school classmates lost their law license for a year when the State Supreme Court disbarred them for unethical conduct by prosecutors......and this was in 1978. They reapplied after the discipline period to reinstate their license, but they did not break the law and I coached soccer with one of the individuals.......He F'd up and lied and altered documents which was not a criminal offense, but it was found to be unethical, lost his job and his profession for over a year.

I guess I can say far more misconduct by prosecutors goes unpunished, but it really has become a nightmare for some folks since DNA evidence. Groups advocating justice are opening old case files and going after those for malicious prosecution......to the extent a civil judgment can partially repay a person for malicious prosecution.....I think the trend is good.....where before the late sixties Sovereign Immunity was almost an absolute bar to recovery, almost all immunity statues now have exceptions for willful behavior.

Yes,it does go unpunished. There is a prosecutor in Alabama by the name of Don Valeska, Chief of the Violent Crimes Division under the Atty. General's Office who has been withholding evidence in capital cases for years. He recently tried the Honeymoon Killer in which the judge threw out the case but he was also the prosecutor in the Daniel Wade Moore case in which he tried this guy three times for the murder of a Dr.'s wife. He lied to the judge about evidence and the judge reversed the case. The judge was even on TV talking about this prosecutor saying he lied in his court. Newspaper articles written about the cases he withheld evidence on and he is still the chief prosecutor. Years ago someone filed a bar complaint on him and he sued the bar and they dropped it. No one will do anything about him in Alabama.

2seaoat

No one will do anything about him in Alabama.

No argument. There are bad prosecutors who sometimes go unpunished, but it is not the rule, it is the exception in the last 30 years.

"almost all immunity statues now have exceptions for willful behavior."

I guess you haven't read the supremes ruling? There has to a "pattern" of behavior before anything can be done. So you can literally frame someone a few times before you have to account for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum