Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should HIV positive folk be quarantined...?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Do any of you know someone who is living with AIDS...?

I do....several friends and a few others who are just people I have met. I can't imagine them having to be treated as a public health threat. Who would propose such a fate...?

Oh gee...a Kansas Republican in the State House, that's who.

Go figure.

Activist: Kansas HIV quarantine bill lets religious officials justify discrimination

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/27/activist-kansas-hiv-quarantine-bill-lets-religious-officials-justify-discrimination/

binac wrote:Do any of you know someone who is living with AIDS...?

I do....several friends and a few others who are just people I have met. I can't imagine them having to be treated as a public health threat. Who would propose such a fate...?

Go figure.

Activist: Kansas HIV quarantine bill lets religious officials justify discrimination

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/27/activist-kansas-hiv-quarantine-bill-lets-religious-officials-justify-discrimination/

That's just pure ignorance. HIV can't be transferred except through body fluids.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:

Go figure.

That's just pure ignorance. HIV can't be transferred except through body fluids.

Shouldn't it be the individual choice if they want to associate with someone with AIDS? Isn't that part of our freedoms? Freedom of association?

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Go figure.

Shouldn't it be the individual choice if they want to associate with someone with AIDS? Isn't that part of our freedoms? Freedom of association?

So you are in favor of quarantines for HIV positive folk.

Thanx Nazi.

2seaoat

This analysis is shamefully below your normal standard. First, this is not an issue of freedom of association. It is a Public Health Bill which attempts to expand the safety net to contain communicable diseases. By including HIV positive individuals in that category, there should be some science which justifies that expansion. It is a scientific question, not a constitutional question where some people who want the freedom to associate with others of their choosing can now categorize people and have them quarantined. I prefer not to associate with stupid people.....that is my right....but my right ends when I quarantine you. There must be a firm constitutional basis for such action.

The only constitutional question would be is the scientific classification for quarantine a denial of Equal Protection of the law guaranteed under the 5th and 14th amendments. It most certainly is on the face unconstitutional because to make that classification the state would need to prove a compelling state interest in the need to quarantine HIV positive folks. There is no scientific basis and therefore no constitutional basis.

I think that the concern for emergency workers and their exposure to HIV is a legitimate concern, but with the protocols in place by first responders and EMT, it is not only the HIV virus, but numerous other diseases which require safe protocols when dealing with patients. This is simple bigotry and it is embarrassing as a Republican to see my party passing such an obvious attack on the HIV positive community which has a large proportion of gay Americans, and others potentially being a victim of this state action.

Absolutely not. Just because they acted foolishly with life choices or contracted this disease by accident in no way takes away their freedoms. What's next, quarantine people with cancer?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://whatsthematterwithkansas.com/

(film trailer)

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Absolutely not. Just because they acted foolishly with life choices or contracted this disease by accident in no way takes away their freedoms. What's next, quarantine people with cancer?

Well, cancer isn't contagious, but I get your point.

The issue is so misguided it begs the question why someone would even suggest such a thing.

How can an elected official be that ignorant....?

Should we now require that all folk who are involved in making law at least prove they googled the issue before they act and reveal their unforgivable ignorance of the subject they wish to regulate...?

binac wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Absolutely not. Just because they acted foolishly with life choices or contracted this disease by accident in no way takes away their freedoms. What's next, quarantine people with cancer?

Well, cancer isn't contagious, but I get your point.

The issue is so misguided it begs the question why someone would even suggest such a thing.

How can an elected official be that ignorant....?

Should we now require that all folk who are involved in making law at least prove they googled the issue before they act and reveal their unforgivable ignorance of the subject they wish to regulate...?

I understand that, but that was all I could think of on the spur of the moment...........................

cool1

cool1

I think its plain stupid ! If people dont know by now how aids spreads well they are plain dumb as heck-----and no one should be locked in a room lol now unless that person has aids and knowingly spreading the crap on purpose then I say lock them up in jail then

I had a brother inlaw die from aids ---we treated him no diff----he changed up his ways --like using his own forks spoons stuff like that but he didnt have to he just did it on his own ---I went to visit -slept in his bed and took a shower in his shower .

I did not feel compfortable --I thought about it but I knew I wasnt going to get aids that way ---also people can get aids through other ways not just sex lol---doesnt mean they were bad or anything lol

In his case he way gay and caught it from anther man but not every case is the same--My brother inlaw did hair --hehe good looking and his sister was gay to -12 chldren-2-gay mmmmm girl and a boy well I spent time with them and their friends lol some people think nast lol

Me well this is what I thought -in the hospital room Rodney was in well I never in my life saw so many gorgious looking built guys lol---I said wow these guys are so good looking I mean good looking men and off the market because they were gay lol

Anyway they went to the best parties --they were cleaner than most people better looking than most people---and most have a great attitude .

cool1

cool1

geeze no time to post ---I opened a can of worms when I decided to sell property --its crazy now gotta go yall have a nice day

cool1 wrote:geeze no time to post ---I opened a can of worms when I decided to sell property --its crazy now gotta go yall have a nice day

Great pun...LOL.

Later.

Markle

Markle

binac wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Go figure.

So you are in favor of quarantines for HIV positive folk.

Thanx Nazi.

I missed that part, please show us all where I made that statement and then make a valiant effort to answer my questions.

cool1

cool1

binac wrote:
cool1 wrote:geeze no time to post ---I opened a can of worms when I decided to sell property --its crazy now gotta go yall have a nice day

Great pun...LOL.

Later.

Hee Hee Ive been busy I called a few realitors --I dont know why! I left my email with a few and they are trying to reach me--market analist-whatever she did came back --now trying to find out in my mind -Do I sell it Myself or what--worm beds--mom only has one limb left-have to keep seeing her inbetween I have to keep up with my brother who is mentally ill---and deal with daughter and husband------I have to get to work now everyone have a good day!

If an agent told you I can sell property between 30 and 35 and I want 6% what would yall say lol
I do have an att--on standby he said he could do it -He is my friend so he doesnt charge much but I didnt ask him how much yet!

sorry i changed the thread No just wanted to see what yall would do.

have a good day all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum