Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

lots of panhandle folk hunting deer in Illinois

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

With corn getting record prices and farmers planting from hedge grove to hedge grove corn, the deer population is booming in Illinois. My guests four weeks ago bagged one during bow season, and the group I have out here now got skunked as the snow put a damper on their adventure. As somebody at Gulf power told me two weeks ago there is nothing better than corn fed deer from Illinois. And not one Politicians in the bunch breaking the rules. They caught five channel cats, a walleye, and a large mouth bass and had a great visit.

Who cares? Isn't this a political board son?

2seaoat

I know you do not care....those supersites have impacted your cognitive range, and certainly hunting is not something a butchmeup would do unless it was for show, and some type of political show at that.

Vikingwoman

You know, this whole hunting thing is something I find unsettling. I know we eat beef and pork and chicken but killing these beautiful animals for sport makes me cringe. My son in law is a big hunter.From Oct to January he goes every weekend. He has a big hunting camp he has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on and even bought my granddaughter a pink rifle when she was five. The other day on Facebook they had a picture of a young girl killing her first deer. It looked like a young deer. No antlers or anything just lying there dead w/ it's eyes open. How creepy this whole thing is. I always think of Rudolph and how could they kill him?

2seaoat

I generally agree, but as long as people eat what they hunt, I really do not have a problem. I am not too much into venison. It is too gamey for me. My father in law would make bambi burgers where he blended ground beef, but they were not that good. I do not hunt deer. I actually am no longer able to hunt.

knothead

knothead

At our place in KY deer are walking around like dogs and I mean seriously . . . they eat my wife veggies and flowers . . . . . a serious over population along with turkey, bobcats, etc,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum