Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLITICO Reporter: LaPierre Is ‘Tired, Old White Guy That Is Clinging on to Something of the Past’

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PkrBum wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You must not be familiar with how negotiations work. Middle ground is found through contention and compromise.

Ever read about union contracts?

Very familiar. Middle ground at who's expense?

Let's say for instance that the nra immediately agreed on background checks and magazine limits... what would we be negotiating? Semi-auto restriction? Caliber limits? Universal registration? Stop and frisk? Unwarranted search?

Don't forget that future generations will not know any other reality... when they give further ground. Be a good steward.

Well you are asking the wrong person. I do not have anything at all against background checks for the purpose of purchasing a firearm. Some people must go through a more stringent background for a job. As for the mega-magazines, I cannot for the life of me come up with a good reason why anyone would need on of these.

There is nothing at all that indicates that doing background checks would lead to the things that you quoted above. Like I told Chrissy on a different thread the other day, I will not live in fear of something that might happen or not. In my opinion that is exactly what the NRA is spreading, fear and people are buying into it lock, stock and barrel.

NaNook

NaNook

The NRA does not lobby. Period. By law, the NRA can't lobby.

So much for the anti-NRA liberal media slop.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You must not be familiar with how negotiations work. Middle ground is found through contention and compromise.

Ever read about union contracts?

Very familiar. Middle ground at who's expense?

Let's say for instance that the nra immediately agreed on background checks and magazine limits... what would we be negotiating? Semi-auto restriction? Caliber limits? Universal registration? Stop and frisk? Unwarranted search?

Don't forget that future generations will not know any other reality... when they give further ground. Be a good steward.

They're already doing stop & frisk in NYC...have been since Guilliani was Mayor...but now it's being challenged in court. It's about time. Why do I feel that we're always about 10 years behind the curve?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

NaNook wrote:The NRA does not lobby. Period. By law, the NRA can't lobby.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/nra-lobbying-2012_n_2528495.html

Not only does the NRA lobby, but they also spent $19 million on the last election.

Then maybe you can explain why the NRA spent $2,905,000.00 in 2011 and $2,980,000.00 in 2012 on lobbying for gun rights. That is a helluva of a lot of money to be spent on lobbying for an organization that does not lobby.

The NRA is designated a 501(c)(3) and its lobbying arm is a 501(c)(4).

knothead

knothead

Technically you may be correct but what they do is amass funding against those who do not support their agenda and do their bidding. This is nothing novel but it is the same tactic used by Grover Norquist as one example, raise taxes in any form and you will face the wrath of their super pac in the next primary . . . . . . it really is that simple. Remember super pacs are legal according the Supremes and they use that very effectively.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum