Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLITICO Reporter: LaPierre Is ‘Tired, Old White Guy That Is Clinging on to Something of the Past’

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://freebeacon.com/politico-reporter-lapierre-is-tired-old-white-guy-that-is-clinging-on-to-something-of-the-past/

What a Face

Chrissy wrote:http://freebeacon.com/politico-reporter-lapierre-is-tired-old-white-guy-that-is-clinging-on-to-something-of-the-past/

What a Face

Even though I am a strong gun rights proponent, I tend to agree with Ms Romano. Wayne LaPierre runs an organization that spreads fear. He is another CEO that is getting his pockets lined by the Washington elite. I have absolutely no use for the NRA and they can just fade away as far as I am concerned.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:http://freebeacon.com/politico-reporter-lapierre-is-tired-old-white-guy-that-is-clinging-on-to-something-of-the-past/

What a Face

Even though I am a strong gun rights proponent, I tend to agree with Ms Romano. Wayne LaPierre runs an organization that spreads fear. He is another CEO that is getting his pockets lined by the Washington elite. I have absolutely no use for the NRA and they can just fade away as far as I am concerned.

And that's a real shame, because the NRA was once a worthwhile organization that taught gun handling and gun safety.

Floridatexan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

What a Face

And that's a real shame, because the NRA was once a worthwhile organization that taught gun handling and gun safety.

Ever so true.

2seaoat

I had great opportunities provided to me as a kid by the NRA, and I got to participate in shooting matches and training which was centered around gun safety and training American to be handy with weapons.......somewhere it just became a pimp for gun merchants.........I cannot say enough about how noble this organization was in the sixties and how it positively impacted my life. I miss shooting with my family and in scouting on weekends. My local YMCA had a shooting range in the basement where I shot every Saturday morning in NRA sponsored competitions, as I did in Boy Scouts, and on Sundays at my father's gun club. There was no politics......just the joy of gun safety, hunting, and friendly competition.

2seaoat wrote:I had great opportunities provided to me as a kid by the NRA, and I got to participate in shooting matches and training which was centered around gun safety and training American to be handy with weapons.......somewhere it just became a pimp for gun merchants.........I cannot say enough about how noble this organization was in the sixties and how it positively impacted my life. I miss shooting with my family and in scouting on weekends. My local YMCA had a shooting range in the basement where I shot every Saturday morning in NRA sponsored competitions, as I did in Boy Scouts, and on Sundays at my father's gun club. There was no politics......just the joy of gun safety, hunting, and friendly competition.

Those were the good old days oat. Now the NRA serves as a lobby group to try to insure people continue to enjoy their 2nd amendment rights. So while some may not like them, who else do you have on the font lines and in Washington making sure those rights are secure?

bizguy

Floridatexan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

What a Face

They still do. The NRA is very involved in firearms competitions and safety training for both kids and adults.

I was just going to say that bizguy... if anything the nra has been forced to defend the right to bear arms.

It's the govt and populace that has made the real deviation from individual liberties... and if the nra if viewed as bought by interests... then the people have been subverted by progressive ideology. Which has really changed?

PkrBum wrote:I was just going to say that bizguy... if anything the nra has been forced to defend the right to bear arms.

It's the govt and populace that has made the real deviation from individual liberties... and if the nra if viewed as bought by interests... then the people have been subverted by progressive ideology. Which has really changed?

crap, I had no idea I stole your siggy.

back to this though.

Id like to hear them answer the question about who else do they have to help defend the 2nd amendment? because I don't see anyone else. but yet they feel the need to demonize the nra.

don't you imagine it would be all over for the 2nd adm if somehow this far left fringe managed to demonize the nra so much they lost support of the public and ceased to exists?

We can share the siggy... lol. But yes... there is a progressive direction this is headed. Like so many other social issues and liberties. We never hear a line drawn in the sand... and eventually the useful idiots agree to anything if they're scared enough by the propaganda and false logic. Domestication is a conditioned response.

PkrBum wrote:We can share the siggy... lol. But yes... there is a progressive direction this is headed. Like so many other social issues and liberties. We never hear a line drawn in the sand... and eventually the useful idiots agree to anything if they're scared enough by the propaganda and false logic. Domestication is a conditioned response.

I agree.

it seems like a very serious situation. Tack a look here on this forum. I have heard 4 or 5 people say they are for gun rights but then turn around and say negative things about the NRA. The media and the left are forcefully trying to demonize the NRA and it must be working.

I don't want to be an alarmist but it sure as hell seems like to me that all we got between having gun rights and not is that old white guy holding on to the past aka holding onto the 2nd adm. some people really need to grow some and see if they can mustard up enough non political correct courage and defend the group defending them.

2seaoat

NRA supported the 1938 act without studying its impact on the second amendment, and also supported the Gun Control Act of 1968. The two acts created a system to license gun dealers and imposed taxes on the private ownership of machine guns.

Gee......I was an active member of the NRA for most of my young life, and some folks here think the organization is the same, and it is the progressives who changed........clueless. The NRA quit being a spokesman for the second Amendment and became a lobbying organization for gun merchants. The Origins of the organization was improving American skills and improved gun safety.....not a pimp for whatever weapon system a buck can be made.

Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:We can share the siggy... lol. But yes... there is a progressive direction this is headed. Like so many other social issues and liberties. We never hear a line drawn in the sand... and eventually the useful idiots agree to anything if they're scared enough by the propaganda and false logic. Domestication is a conditioned response.

I agree.

it seems like a very serious situation. Tack a look here on this forum. I have heard 4 or 5 people say they are for gun rights but then turn around and say negative things about the NRA. The media and the left are forcefully trying to demonize the NRA and it must be working.

I don't want to be an alarmist but it sure as hell seems like to me that all we got between having gun rights and not is that old white guy holding on to the past aka holding onto the 2nd adm. some people really need to grow some and see if they can mustard up enough non political correct courage and defend the group defending them.

It is all political. So if one hates the NRA then they are on one side of the political curve, and if you support the NRA then you are on the opposite side of the political curve. Can't have one without the other. So to state that it is non political is absurd.

FYI, I can still defend my rights as a gun owner and still not support a lobby group that is in it for what ever that can garner from Congress.

2seaoat

FYI, I can still defend my rights as a gun owner and still not support a lobby group that is in it for what ever that can garner from Congress.

Agreed, and never has the supreme court been more clear about our second amendment rights. However, they also make it clear that they can regulate. It used to be the NRA had common sense and understood sound practices of regulation. A convicted Felon buying a gun at a show without background checks should not even be a starting point for a debate.....yet Karl Rove was on ABC news Sunday telling people that Black Op helicopters are going to come and take your guns away if you register firearms......insanity.

2seaoat wrote:FYI, I can still defend my rights as a gun owner and still not support a lobby group that is in it for what ever that can garner from Congress.

Agreed, and never has the supreme court been more clear about our second amendment rights. However, they also make it clear that they can regulate. It used to be the NRA had common sense and understood sound practices of regulation. A convicted Felon buying a gun at a show without background checks should not even be a starting point for a debate.....yet Karl Rove was on ABC news Sunday telling people that Black Op helicopters are going to come and take your guns away if you register firearms......insanity.

well for what ever reason the NRA serves its purpose in making sure the 2nd adm stays around. they are also influential in backing candidates that support gun rights. lots of things to thnk about here before you toss the baby out with the bath water.

bizguy

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I agree.

It is all political. So if one hates the NRA then they are on one side of the political curve, and if you support the NRA then you are on the opposite side of the political curve. Can't have one without the other. So to state that it is non political is absurd.

Just curious what you mean by "what ever they can garner from Congress".

2seaoat

lots of things to thnk about here before you toss the baby out with the bath water.

Colorado Prisons boss gunned down along with an innocent pizza delivery kid by a convicted con who got guns......yep.......toss out the baby trying to change the dirty water.......nope.....we need to stop ex cons from getting weapons.......

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/22/17414616-search-warrant-same-ammunition-used-in-texas-shootout-and-slaying-of-colorado-prisons-boss?lite

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:FYI, I can still defend my rights as a gun owner and still not support a lobby group that is in it for what ever that can garner from Congress.

DITTO I agree with GR and Mr. Oats (he just beat me to it)

well in all honesty wasn't there mass registration right before mass confiscations? isn't there an example of that in history?

never the less, you guys are full of shit and seaoat especially.

not just full of shit but very ignorant. you may not realize how much the NRA does in the business of defending the 2nd adm. you can bet your ass if the gov, especially the left didn't have to deal with the NRA they would run right over that adm. and youll do what ever they tell you to do. what a bunch of sheep you are. the mother fuckers are doing all kinds of stuff right now regarding firearms and you have the nerve to say the gov will not take away your rights lololololol

and you guys don't understand what infringe means. since you toss up the word regulate.

in·fringe

/inˈfrinj/

Verb

1.Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): "infringe a copyright".
2.Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".

Synonyms

violate - transgress - break - contravene - trespass

so just because they declare they have the right to regulate, does not mean they have the right infringe upon the rights guarantee to us by the constitution.

some people must think everything the gov does is perfectly fine LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL bbbaaaaaaaaaa

The NRA is not about protecting its members from anything, witness its policy on background checks in direct and near-total contradiction with its membership(85% of households that have an NRA member support background checks). It is a shell-front for gun-companies pushing their financial interests only, at best -- and little more than a vigilante mob of radicals who see the Unites States government as the enemy, an enemy who must be armed against in case they need a militia for insurrection.

You must not be familiar with how negotiations work. Middle ground is found through contention and compromise.

Ever read about union contracts?

PkrBum wrote:You must not be familiar with how negotiations work. Middle ground is found through contention and compromise.

Very familiar. Middle ground at who's expense?

2seaoat

You must not be familiar with how negotiations work. Middle ground is found through contention and compromise.

You are sadly mistaken.....Karl Rove on Sunday morning ABC said that registration will lead to black op helicopters coming to take my guns away.......no 10 x 0 =0 and 5 x 0=0 you want to argue that the 10 and 5 are important in finding the answer......I argue that zero is the critical component, and with zero there is never compromise.....it is an illusion.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:well in all honesty wasn't there mass registration right before mass confiscations? isn't there an example of that in history?

never the less, you guys are full of shit and seaoat especially.

not just full of shit but very ignorant. you may not realize how much the NRA does in the business of defending the 2nd adm. you can bet your ass if the gov, especially the left didn't have to deal with the NRA they would run right over that adm. and youll do what ever they tell you to do. what a bunch of sheep you are. the mother fuckers are doing all kinds of stuff right now regarding firearms and you have the nerve to say the gov will not take away your rights lololololol

and you guys don't understand what infringe means. since you toss up the word regulate.

in·fringe

/inˈfrinj/

Verb

1.Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): "infringe a copyright".
2.Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".

Synonyms

violate - transgress - break - contravene - trespass

so just because they declare they have the right to regulate, does not mean they have the right infringe upon the rights guarantee to us by the constitution.

some people must think everything the gov does is perfectly fine LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL bbbaaaaaaaaaa

You are without a doubt the dumbest person I've ever come across, but yet you continually outdo yourself in stupid.

The idea is to keep the babies from being thrown out...ask some parents in Newtown, CT. Soooo.....if the cow keeps getting out the side door of the barn, do we:

a) Secure the side door, or
b) Open up all the doors and let out all the cows. ????

We live in a violent culture, and it only became more violent over the first decade of the new century. We have to protect the innocent here...and abroad...not allow them to be slaughtered. How do we do that? Short answer...we can't. We can only make it harder for people to get guns who shouldn't have them.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You must not be familiar with how negotiations work. Middle ground is found through contention and compromise.

Very familiar. Middle ground at who's expense?

Let's say for instance that the nra immediately agreed on background checks and magazine limits... what would we be negotiating? Semi-auto restriction? Caliber limits? Universal registration? Stop and frisk? Unwarranted search?

Don't forget that future generations will not know any other reality... when they give further ground. Be a good steward.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum