Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MSNBC Almost Entirely Dominated By Opinion: Pew Study

+6
Markle
othershoe1030
Hospital Bob
knothead
2seaoat
VectorMan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

VectorMan

VectorMan

howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:Guess what dipshit....you weren't even important enough for me to remember. Just another of Tony's little suck boy sycophants.

Get a clue. Just because you met me don't mean you know a damned thing about me. You read this forum and express yourself with one dimensional monosyllabic drivel that's so hackneyed it begs to be derided.

When you find the balls to post your real name I'll make sure I get to meet you face to face and level the playing field.

I know enough about you through the local art community. You are not respected, and for good reason. Being the uppity little dick-head that you are. But, continue on with your completely unjustified air of superiority. It suits one such as yourself. Full of hot air, backed up by an unbalanced load of BS.

Level the playing field? LOL Is that some sort of threat? I heard you couldn't even level a 2x4. LOL I think the Home Depot can help you with that. Now go lean somewhere little boy.

What a crock of BS. My bona fides are what they are, no matter how much you wish to lie. I'm in the upcoming show @ Artel. It's an invitational show, so my piece is in w/out even being judged. If I wasn't respected, that simply would not happen. Were you invited to participate calendar boy...? Nope.

I'm not sure what leveling a 2x4 even means, asshole.

If you're still clinging to that lie you told about me pouring wine for you @ SoSo, the you've never met me. I never poured a single glass of wine at one of tony's opening. I had my own gallery to deal with, remember...?

Face it boi....the only way for you to prove your lies about me is to expose your name for validation, and we both know you're way too much of a coward to do such a thing.

LOL!

Carry on.

Oh, I plan to asshole. I've been carrying on for 25 years w/out even knowing you from a bag of dirt.

So, that's all you got ya little prick...? You slander me with lies...I rebut them, and you just LOL....?

Troll.

Yella

Yella

VectorMan wrote:MSNBC is far more reliant on opinion coverage than any of its cable news rivals, a new study found.

The Pew Research Center's annual "State of the Media" study was released Monday. One section of the report — which, when taken in its totality, makes for very gloomy reading — deals with changes in the television news landscape over the past five years.

The study's authors found that, since 2007, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC have all cut back sharply on the amount of actual reporting found on their airwaves. Cheaper, more provocative debate or interview segments have largely filled the void. MSNBC, though, stands out from the pack, Pew said:

CNN, which has branded itself around reporting resources and reach, cut back between 2007 and 2012 on two areas tied to that brand—in-depth story packages and live event coverage. Even so, CNN is the only one of the three big cable news channels to produce more straight reporting than commentary over all. At the other end of that spectrum lies MSNBC, where opinion fills a full 85% of the channel’s airtime.
Pew found that Fox News spent 55 percent of the time on opinion and 45 percent of the time on reporting. Critics of that figure would likely contend that the network's straight news reporting tilts conservative, but it is true that Fox News has more shows that feature reporting packages than MSNBC does. The network's straight news hours — hosted by Chris Jansing, Thomas Roberts, Tamron Hall and Andrea Mitchell — are usually filled with interview segments or pundit debates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/msnbc-opinion-cable-news_n_2900160.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D285127

Very interesting, Vector Man, I don't get much out of Joe other than the fact that he is rude and seems to delight in talking over everyone as if he were some sort of incredible guru. The only person I believe in at MSNBC is Rachel Maddow who presents facts that can not be proven wrong. I have tried.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

I chatted w/ him for a few minutes on the stair landing @ the Saenger before a concert. He was in the USC and was trying to defund NPR, and I asked him about it. His BS answer was straight from a talking points memo.

Ironically, he was there for a concert sponsored by UWF.

VectorMan

VectorMan

howyadoin... wrote:Oh, I plan to asshole. I've been carrying on for 25 years w/out even knowing you from a bag of dirt.

So, that's all you got ya little prick...? You slander me with lies...I rebut them, and you just LOL....?

Troll.

Yep. That's all I've got ya little dirt bag. (Like that little play on words?) LOL

Just so you know. I could care less what nasty little names you call me. I've been called much worse by far better. In short, you're beneath me.

Having rattled your cage and having achieved the desired results, I'm just going to LOL (literally).

LOL

Oh, and BTW, I've told no lies. But, believe whatever makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Yella wrote:
VectorMan wrote:MSNBC is far more reliant on opinion coverage than any of its cable news rivals, a new study found.

The Pew Research Center's annual "State of the Media" study was released Monday. One section of the report — which, when taken in its totality, makes for very gloomy reading — deals with changes in the television news landscape over the past five years.

The study's authors found that, since 2007, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC have all cut back sharply on the amount of actual reporting found on their airwaves. Cheaper, more provocative debate or interview segments have largely filled the void. MSNBC, though, stands out from the pack, Pew said:

CNN, which has branded itself around reporting resources and reach, cut back between 2007 and 2012 on two areas tied to that brand—in-depth story packages and live event coverage. Even so, CNN is the only one of the three big cable news channels to produce more straight reporting than commentary over all. At the other end of that spectrum lies MSNBC, where opinion fills a full 85% of the channel’s airtime.
Pew found that Fox News spent 55 percent of the time on opinion and 45 percent of the time on reporting. Critics of that figure would likely contend that the network's straight news reporting tilts conservative, but it is true that Fox News has more shows that feature reporting packages than MSNBC does. The network's straight news hours — hosted by Chris Jansing, Thomas Roberts, Tamron Hall and Andrea Mitchell — are usually filled with interview segments or pundit debates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/msnbc-opinion-cable-news_n_2900160.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D285127

Very interesting, Vector Man, I don't get much out of Joe other than the fact that he is rude and seems to delight in talking over everyone as if he were some sort of incredible guru. The only person I believe in at MSNBC is Rachel Maddow who presents facts that can not be proven wrong. I have tried.

Maddow isn't always truthful or accurate. Editing things to suit her agenda. Then again, it is MSNBC.

VectorMan wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:Oh, I plan to asshole. I've been carrying on for 25 years w/out even knowing you from a bag of dirt.

Troll.

Yep. That's all I've got ya little dirt bag. (Like that little play on words?) LOL

Just so you know. I could care less what nasty little names you call me. I've been called much worse by far better. In short, you're beneath me.

Having rattled your cage and having achieved the desired results, I'm just going to LOL (literally).

LOL

Oh, and BTW, I've told no lies. But, believe whatever makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Sure you have. I've been in the art scene here for a long damned time punk. That means I've met a hell of a lot of folk. It would be stupid to think everyone likes or respects me. So what...?

You lied about me and SoHo. Therefore you lied about meeting me.

Grow up troll. You didn't rattle anything but the chain on your own toilet.

Why would I care what a self-loathing racist bigot faggot neo-con like you thought about me...?

Your politics alone tells me you did not/don't hang w/ the same folk as I.

Thank God.

VectorMan

VectorMan

howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Troll.

LOL

Sure you have. I've been in the art scene here for a long damned time punk. That means I've met a hell of a lot of folk. It would be stupid to think everyone likes or respects me. So what...?

Why would I care what a self-loathing racist bigot faggot neo-con like you thought about me...?

Thank God.

I never said I met you at SoHo or that you poured me wine. That's some crazy BS bouncing around in your hollow head.

I have to deal with loony liberals every day. It's an unfortunate side effect of dealing in the art community. No, I don't/won't hang out with them. Thank God! I also don't talk ANY politics around them. I'm not stupid.

There you go again with the nasty little names. Is that all YOU got punk?

LOL

2seaoat

To what end is being derogatory to each other? You both make really great posts at times, and present differing opinions, but this nasty exchange of insults simply is not necessary. I think MSNBC has very high levels of accuracy in their reporting, but the trick is to understand how they slant their facts which may be completely accurate, but the context is often incorrect, and this is exactly the same formula which Fox uses, but because they are shooting for a different educational level........well they have a tendency with their slanted approach to clumsy and assume idiocy......where the mischaracterizations on MSNBC are far more subtle......but equally at times misleading.

VectorMan wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Troll.

LOL

Thank God.

I never said I met you at SoHo or that you poured me wine. That's some crazy BS bouncing around in your hollow head.

I have to deal with loony liberals every day. It's an unfortunate side effect of dealing in the art community. No, I don't/won't hang out with them. Thank God! I also don't talk ANY politics around them. I'm not stupid.

LOL

That's what you stated in a post when you first tried to convince me that you had met me, so stop running from your own remarks. In fact, I went into a lot of detail about your and my association with Anthony.

You slander me, call me all sorts of names, and then accuse me of name-calling....?

Just tell me who you are and we can have so much fun laffing and laffing and laffing about this later. I promise.

Yella

Yella

2seaoat wrote:To what end is being derogatory to each other? You both make really great posts at times, and present differing opinions, but this nasty exchange of insults simply is not necessary. I think MSNBC has very high levels of accuracy in their reporting, but the trick is to understand how they slant their facts which may be completely accurate, but the context is often incorrect, and this is exactly the same formula which Fox uses, but because they are shooting for a different educational level........well they have a tendency with their slanted approach to clumsy and assume idiocy......where the mischaracterizations on MSNBC are far more subtle......but equally at times misleading.

It makes them feel good,seaoat

Yella wrote:
2seaoat wrote:To what end is being derogatory to each other? You both make really great posts at times, and present differing opinions, but this nasty exchange of insults simply is not necessary. I think MSNBC has very high levels of accuracy in their reporting, but the trick is to understand how they slant their facts which may be completely accurate, but the context is often incorrect, and this is exactly the same formula which Fox uses, but because they are shooting for a different educational level........well they have a tendency with their slanted approach to clumsy and assume idiocy......where the mischaracterizations on MSNBC are far more subtle......but equally at times misleading.

Oh, I'm sure he feels pretty smug. He gets to slander me and my artwork and my reputation while hiding under the cloak of anon status.

I think he either works in a framing shop or he's a waiter at Global Grill. LOL. He basically admitted he's a phony around others because his views are extreme.

It's past time for me to ignore his inane wing-nut drivel.

KarlRove

KarlRove

howyadoin... wrote:

Oh, I'm sure he feels pretty smug. He gets to slander me and my artwork and my reputation while hiding under the cloak of anon status.

I think he either works in a framing shop or he's a waiter at Global Grill. LOL. He basically admitted he's a phony around others because his views are extreme.

It's past time for me to ignore his inane wing-nut drivel. [/quote]

Starve artist.

VectorMan

VectorMan

howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Troll.

LOL

Thank God.

LOL

That's what you stated in a post when you first tried to convince me that you had met me, so stop running from your own remarks. In fact, I went into a lot of detail about your and my association with Anthony.

You slander me, call me all sorts of names, and then accuse me of name-calling....?

Just tell me who you are and we can have so much fun laffing and laffing and laffing about this later. I promise.

I'm sure you're almost completely correct. If we were to knowingly meet face to face again, there would be things to laff about.

I don't know how you could go into a "lot of detail" about "my" association with Anthony. I only mentioned that I displayed art at SoHo and always got my money from Anthony. Maybe it's because we're both faggots. Whatever.

Sorry you consider it slander. I don't. It's what I know. Some people can be mean for no apparent reason. (Remind you of anyone?)

As far as name calling. You, a few years ago, called me "lizard brain". I have no idea what you even meant by that, but I was sure you meant it as an insult (just going by your recent history at the time and even going by your current history). You started the name calling. I can dish it out as well. But, you sir, are full of nasty little names for people that don't like your agenda/ideas/attitude. Makes people question if you can be civil. Just sayin.............

VectorMan wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Troll.

LOL

Thank God.

LOL

I'm sure you're almost completely correct. If we were to knowingly meet face to face again, there would be things to laff about.

I don't know how you could go into a "lot of detail" about "my" association with Anthony. I only mentioned that I displayed art at SoHo and always got my money from Anthony. Maybe it's because we're both faggots. Whatever.

Sorry you consider it slander. I don't. It's what I know. Some people can be mean for no apparent reason. (Remind you of anyone?)

As far as name calling. You, a few years ago, called me "lizard brain". I have no idea what you even meant by that, but I was sure you meant it as an insult (just going by your recent history at the time and even going by your current history). You started the name calling. I can dish it out as well. But, you sir, are full of nasty little names for people that don't like your agenda/ideas/attitude. Makes people question if you can be civil. Just sayin.............

If you look at your avatar and don't understand what lizard brain means, in the context I used it, welll......

When I do something reactionary, I'm relying on my lizard brain....primitive instinct. Got it...?

When you post that neo-con crap straight outta beck's butt, I feel it gives me poetic license to be just as outrageous.

Just sayin.

VectorMan

VectorMan

howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Troll.

LOL

Thank God.

LOL

If you look at your avatar and don't understand what lizard brain means, in the context I used it, welll......

When I do something reactionary, I'm relying on my lizard brain....primitive instinct. Got it...?

When you post that neo-con crap straight outta beck's butt, I feel it gives me poetic license to be just as outrageous.

Just sayin.

Dude, it's a green devil (I think). Lizard? Well, I never made that connection. So be it.

Okay. Have your primitive instinct. I get it. Can you take it down a notch? I know you can be more civil and still make your point.

Only thing I can say about my "neo-con crap" is, was any of it a lie? I just want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, doesn't matter where it comes from. I don't care who you are or what your agenda is, just the damn truth. No slant. No spin. No BS.

Only thing I can say about my "neo-con crap" is, was any of it a lie? I just want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, doesn't matter where it comes from. I don't care who you are or what your agenda is, just the damn truth. No slant. No spin. No BS.

You were doing fine, and then you wrote that clap trap. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

VectorMan

VectorMan

howyadoin... wrote:Only thing I can say about my "neo-con crap" is, was any of it a lie? I just want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, doesn't matter where it comes from. I don't care who you are or what your agenda is, just the damn truth. No slant. No spin. No BS.

You were doing fine, and then you wrote that clap trap. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Fine by me. Call it clap trap all you want. I know what the truth is. I sleep fine knowing.

Peace.

VectorMan wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:Only thing I can say about my "neo-con crap" is, was any of it a lie? I just want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, doesn't matter where it comes from. I don't care who you are or what your agenda is, just the damn truth. No slant. No spin. No BS.

Fine by me. Call it clap trap all you want. I know what the truth is. I sleep fine knowing.

Peace.

MSNBC Almost Entirely Dominated By Opinion: Pew Study - Page 2 Peace

Yella

Yella

howyadoin... wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Peace.

MSNBC Almost Entirely Dominated By Opinion: Pew Study - Page 2 Peace

A good work, man, I like it.

Thanx Yella.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum