Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Government Math

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Government Math Empty Government Math 3/16/2013, 11:45 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-morris/usps-budget_b_1545430.html

2Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 1:55 am

Government Math Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

The author of the article suggests near the end that the Post Office should be given jobs that other agencies are now charged with doing.

You'll have all those liberals on strike because they can't handle multitasking on the job due to union rules and it might also eliminate some important job like the guy/gal that hands out one or two fishing licenses a day.

You'd best keep your head down if you're agreeing with this article man!

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 3/17/2013, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

3Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 9:13 am

Just trying to mix in a bit of reality w a site the leftists might read... without throwing them into toxic shock.

4Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 10:51 am

2seaoat

Just trying to mix in a bit of reality w a site the leftists might read... without throwing them into toxic shock.

This is a brilliant thread......blaming the Democrats for the Pension fiasco in the Post Office.......and the folks who have commented do not even know how that partisan vote lined up when this mess was created........Ironic and laugh out loud thread.

5Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 11:27 am

2seaoat wrote:Just trying to mix in a bit of reality w a site the leftists might read... without throwing them into toxic shock.

This is a brilliant thread......blaming the Democrats for the Pension fiasco in the Post Office.......and the folks who have commented do not even know how that partisan vote lined up when this mess was created........Ironic and laugh out loud thread.

seems like one of them there bipartisan bills we dont hear about much anymore. An (R) sponsored it yes, I say we kick them all out. I wonder what they all were thinking when just two weeks after this bill the new dem controlled everything took effect on jan 3rd 2007.

Cosponsors:

Danny Davis (D-IL7)
John McHugh (R-NY23)
Henry Waxman (D-CA30)

Passed House Dec 8, 2006
Passed Senate Dec 9, 2006
Signed by President Dec 20, 2006

*****(2 days after it was introduced it was passed by both senate and house-- That is Fast!)***

Last Action: Dec 20, 2006: Became Public Law No: 109-435.

Other Titles: -- Postal Civil Service Retirement and Health Benefits Funding Amendments of 2006
Votes: Dec 8, 2006: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote. A record of each representative’s position was not kept.
Dec 9, 2006: This bill passed in the Senate by Unanimous Consent. A record of each senator’s position was not kept.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-6407

6Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 11:32 am

PkrBum wrote:Just trying to mix in a bit of reality w a site the leftists might read... without throwing them into toxic shock.

Government Math Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQsSoI1OhrxZtYxfaMZJwtKTF22YjLRDoEktZyFW034c9Dy4U-

Good call!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

Very Happy

7Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 12:26 pm

2seaoat

Now a simple civics lesson........the Hasaert Rule required a majority of the majority to bring a bill to the floor.......in 2006 who do you think controlled the house and Senate......and who do you think won the November 2006 elections and took back the house and Senate? And what do you call a bill rammed through before you loose your majorities.......A Lame Duck Session........and now you want to create a fiction that this was a bipartisan bill because Danny Davis was a cosponsor...........if you want to play in the big leagues.....you need to bring a big league game........and know the difference between your ducks.....there is Donald......Daffy, and Lame.........and I think this entire thread is one of those Lame type of ducks.

(2 days after it was introduced it was passed by both senate and house-- That is Fast!)***

Duh

8Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 1:44 pm

What difference does it make which party comes up with a bad idea that has an adverse effect on our country?

You seem defensive when I criticize the govt and point out the negative/corrupt ways it handles our business.

9Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 4:30 pm

PkrBum wrote:What difference does it make which party comes up with a bad idea that has an adverse effect on our country?

You seem defensive when I criticize the govt and point out the negative/corrupt ways it handles our business.

I doubt you get an honest reply. They love the GOV. The bigger the better , the more intrusive savior GOV they can get the better.

Im sick of the GOv. ALL of them. I think you siad it best when it was said when biaprtisan happens that just means they are working together to screw us. lol

We have so many problems in this country that are tied to the GOV it isnt even funny. and you knwo why? because the people are getting exactly what they ask for. a more intrusive help me Gov because these people are lazy and expect the Gov to solve all thier personal problems for them. Thats NOT what America is about.

The politicians at the top have sold us off to the highest bidder, and pandering to special interest groups and whiney little cry baby crowds who refuse to give them a vote if they dont push out the GOV freebies.

aka ...we are fucked

so lets just sing a little tune and hope our off spring will get the job done. right after they kill off the old.

Got a fishin pole?

10Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 5:08 pm

Freedom isn't free... it comes with great risk to an individual... but great reward too. Think of all of the people that died founding and protecting our country... that died crossing the oceans and traversing the continent. Bad ideas used to be fatal... hell even good ideas killed ya if bad luck came along. People like seagoat have lost the human perspective in a partisan academic exercise... they think that if something is complicated enough that results don't matter. The important thing is pretending to have a grasp of the ideology and dismissing common sense as unenlightened or an ivory tower idiot.

Bad ideas fail... it doesn't matter how it sounds in a class room or from a political podium. Results matter.

11Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/17/2013, 5:15 pm

PkrBum wrote:Freedom isn't free... it comes with great risk to an individual... but great reward too. Think of all of the people that died founding and protecting our country... that died crossing the oceans and traversing the continent. Bad ideas used to be fatal... hell even good ideas killed ya if bad luck came along. People like seagoat have lost the human perspective in a partisan academic exercise... they think that if something is complicated enough that results don't matter. The important thing is pretending to have a grasp of the ideology and dismissing common sense as unenlightened or an ivory tower idiot.

Bad ideas fail... it doesn't matter how it sounds in a class room or from a political podium. Results matter.

I agree.

and this is one trashy hooker that still kows how to carry a pitch fork.

and when the shit gets deep, Im not to prissy to start shoveling it.

God bless you

12Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/18/2013, 1:52 am

PkrBum wrote:What difference does it make which party comes up with a bad idea that has an adverse effect on our country?

Government Math Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa8Mvt_UHq2XdjJRol6S2aQ3nc1PH_WAFcRfQ2hqRvckA5smvv

If our government is so great that it has to observe and control every aspect of it's citizens lives, then why do the liberals criticize almost everything our government has been involved in internationally?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile

13Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/18/2013, 10:59 am

2seaoat

People like seagoat have lost the human perspective in a partisan academic exercise.

Nope.....I simply am showing that the premise of this thread was utterly false. That the Post Office has been gutted by special interests who want to cherry pick the profitable portions, and leave rural America abandoned with little or no service......and I am a Republican who knows who pushed the pension reform through.....and it had nothing to do with the reasoning of the article posted, as that was simple nonsense. It is not a question of human perspective, it is a question of facts and knowledge......in the absence of the same you have this thread making the Post Office fiasco look like some kind of big government failure, when it was simply a partisan move backed by special interests to try to close the doors on the post office and its unions.

14Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/18/2013, 12:03 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This seems like as good a place as any to plug the book I recommended for Seaoat in the book section...THE PARTY IS OVER, by Mike Lofgren. Actually, Seaoat has a grasp of the content of the book, more so than a few others here, although the discussion of Newt Gingrich might give him pause.

Mike Lofgren, a Republican, spent 28 years in Congress, the last 16 as a senior analyst on the House and Senate Budget committees.

"...To those millions of Americans who watched with exasperation the tragicomedy of summer 2011's debt-ceiling extension crisis, it might have come as a shock that the Republican Party is so full of lunatics. To be sure, like any political party on Earth, the GOP has always had its share of crackpots, such as Robert K. Dornan or William E. Dannemeyer in past Congresses. But the crackpot outliers of two decades ago have become the vital core today. Eric Cantor, Steve King, Michele Bachmann, Paul Broun, Patrick McHenry, Virginia Foxx, Louie Golmert, and Allen West. The Congressional Directory now reads like a casebook of lunacy. This is not to say that such specimens represent all or even most Republicans, but they have managed, through their shrillness, dogmatism, inflexibility, and belligerence, to become the center of gravity of the party. The Republican Speaker of the House, the constitutionally designated third-ranking elected official in the government, does not issue orders to them; he takes orders from them, as all of America saw during the debt-limit negotiations and the payroll tax fight..."

-----------------------

15Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/18/2013, 2:50 pm

2seaoat wrote:People like seagoat have lost the human perspective in a partisan academic exercise.

Nope.....I simply am showing that the premise of this thread was utterly false. That the Post Office has been gutted by special interests who want to cherry pick the profitable portions, and leave rural America abandoned with little or no service......and I am a Republican who knows who pushed the pension reform through.....and it had nothing to do with the reasoning of the article posted, as that was simple nonsense. It is not a question of human perspective, it is a question of facts and knowledge......in the absence of the same you have this thread making the Post Office fiasco look like some kind of big government failure, when it was simply a partisan move backed by special interests to try to close the doors on the post office and its unions.

There in lies the difference I guess... between subjective and objective principles. I don't give a damn which side did it. It's not like the other side hasn't robbed a lock box or wouldn't have compromised this one in another time... hell they all thght it was ok to commit insider trading or write bad checks or cheat the irs.

Matter of fact... I shouldn't have said other side... it's them against us imo. You're on the wrong side.

16Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/18/2013, 3:00 pm

PkrBum wrote:
There in lies the difference I guess... between subjective and objective principles. I don't give a damn which side did it. It's not like the other side hasn't robbed a lock box or wouldn't have compromised this one in another time... hell they all thght it was ok to commit insider trading or write bad checks or cheat the irs.

Matter of fact... I shouldn't have said other side... it's them against us imo. You're on the wrong side.

Government Math Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMlMfeyJivgemP4f_rsS3T_vHvy2Zrqli5QWVMVVuzEqNcic8

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmtaFq0kvQ

Smile

17Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/18/2013, 4:08 pm

2seaoat

. I don't give a damn which side did it.

Therein lies the problem.......like a petulant child this new breed of libertarian screams........I am not going to bed.......and you cannot make me......

The problem is that good government requires rational choices, and when the choice is all government is bad, then you get what you ask for.....bad government. People need to make rational choices based on the issues, and understand that temper tantrums about all government being bad, or threads which insinuate that "everybody" in Washington is responsible for the silliness with the post office.......the simple fact is people need to learn issues and take sides to effect good government.

18Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/18/2013, 10:50 pm

2seaoat wrote:. I don't give a damn which side did it.

Therein lies the problem.......like a petulant child this new breed of libertarian screams........I am not going to bed.......and you cannot make me......

The problem is that good government requires rational choices, and when the choice is all government is bad, then you get what you ask for.....bad government. People need to make rational choices based on the issues, and understand that temper tantrums about all government being bad, or threads which insinuate that "everybody" in Washington is responsible for the silliness with the post office.......the simple fact is people need to learn issues and take sides to effect good government.

you make no sense seaoat.

most people cry about patisan politics and how some people,yes, many here would stand by a bd idea as long as thier side was promoting it. along comes a person who looks directly at the problems without playing party politics and you give him a bunch of shit.

19Government Math Empty Re: Government Math 3/18/2013, 11:27 pm

Chrissy wrote:
you make no sense seaoat.

most people cry about patisan politics and how some people,yes, many here would stand by a bd idea as long as thier side was promoting it. along comes a person who looks directly at the problems without playing party politics and you give him a bunch of shit.

Government Math Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAn9Vjl8TR1uSj_PmRvvZcDR2prijf4fnHGsvJqqD3eDRL0Rob

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG4OMNR5vD4

Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum