Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If the Heat repeat, will this be a team for the ages? One of the best teams of all time?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

If the Heat repeat, will this be a team for the ages? One of the greatest of all time?

If the Heat repeat, will this be a team for the ages?  One of the best teams of all time? I_vote_lcap38%If the Heat repeat, will this be a team for the ages?  One of the best teams of all time? I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]
If the Heat repeat, will this be a team for the ages?  One of the best teams of all time? I_vote_lcap62%If the Heat repeat, will this be a team for the ages?  One of the best teams of all time? I_vote_rcap 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Well?

knothead

knothead

Bds: As a life long Celtic fan, I see the writing on the wall . . . . . yes I do think the current lineup of the Heat will definitely be one we will look back on as one one of the best ever. But, how could they not be with their lineup notwithstanding the Lebron phenom, he alone with 4 cheerleaders would make a great showing.

boards of FL

boards of FL

What is amazing is that they are doing this with no true center. They are the most hybrid team ever. Ever. They have several guys who are comfortable playing several different roles. There is simply no way to game plan for that. I'd hate to be a big center on an opposing team having to run back and forth against these guys.

knothead

knothead

boards of FL wrote:What is amazing is that they are doing this with no true center. They are the most hybrid team ever. Ever. They have several guys who are comfortable playing several different roles. There is simply no way to game plan for that. I'd hate to be a big center on an opposing team having to run back and forth against these guys.

They would beat the living crap out of the Celtics at their peak . . . . . . I watch Dwayne Wade and omg what a phenom in his own right and add Lebron well they are awesome to watch. Remember, at some point in the future, another team will develop and will surpass this Miami Heat team in talent and athleticism.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Who is the 1 naysayer vote? Come here and air your grievances! I summons thee.

2seaoat

Not even close to an all time team. They just barely won last year, and that was only because of Rose's ACL, So we take a team that is very hot right now, and then extrapolate this team as an all time team. I would not even put them currently ahead of OK and San Antonio. Sorry, in historical context.....even in recent history they would not compare to recent Laker, Celtics, Detroit, and of course the greatest team the Chicago Bulls during each of the Jordan eras. I do not think with a rehabbing Rose the bulls will be able to stop them this year......but stranger things have happened. I think the west currently has two better teams, but the way my predictions in sports have gone this last year........who knows. After Miami wins their sixth title......I will entertain a discussion, but right now the comparison is silly.....they have not even repeated, let alone dominated.

I am not the lone naysayer, just one of the 3. I do not have anything against the heat and think they are a great team, but they have big shoes to fill to become one of the best teams of all times. When they win as many titles and the Celtics, the Bulls and even the Lakers, then we can call them a team for all ages, but back to back championships does not make them a team of all time.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm not comparing franchises here. I'm saying that this current assembled Heat team is one for the ages. Their dominance of their era is on par with any other great historical team's dominance of theirs.

2seaoat

I'm not comparing franchises here. I'm saying that this current assembled Heat team is one for the ages. Their dominance of their era is on par with any other great historical team's dominance of theirs.

They have not even dominated this year.....let alone the era. Look, they played terrible the first half of the season. They have been playing great for the last three weeks, and actually seem to be improving to a higher level. However, I will be glad to have that discussion at the end of this season if they win it, but if this era would include even the last Laker's championship team.....no comparison. Also, I would make a very good case for this era to be shared by San Antonio and the Lakers with a team from OK who I think has better players on their rooster right now, and certainly did last year when they lost to Miami.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:I'm not comparing franchises here. I'm saying that this current assembled Heat team is one for the ages. Their dominance of their era is on par with any other great historical team's dominance of theirs.

They have not even dominated this year.....let alone the era. Look, they played terrible the first half of the season. They have been playing great for the last three weeks, and actually seem to be improving to a higher level. However, I will be glad to have that discussion at the end of this season if they win it, but if this era would include even the last Laker's championship team.....no comparison. Also, I would make a very good case for this era to be shared by San Antonio and the Lakers with a team from OK who I think has better players on their rooster right now, and certainly did last year when they lost to Miami.

What? They're on a 20 game win streak. This is the 3rd longest winning streak in NBA history. They're up 9.5 games in their conference, and will likely win another title this year. How is that not domination?

2seaoat

They are not even close to dominating the NBA currently. They are playing exceptionally well now. I cannot deny that, nor do I think that is relevant. Detroit beat the Bulls two years with not as good of a team, and then the bulls went on their first three peat.

I compare this thread to someone ranking Jeremy Linn as an all time great point guard during the streak NY had last year........silly, silly, silly comparison, but a very nice run and excellent team play lead by somebody who broke out.......but not even close to having any discussion about all time or even era.

No Miami is the main reason I think Rose is taking his time. He knows that the Bulls are one player short of consistently beating them, but if he puts his superman cape on they can dominate them presently as they beat them during the regular season like a drum and lost by one in the playoffs which certainly easily could have gone the Bulls way.......so I am not saying Linn or the Heat are not playing good ball, I am simply saying it is a silly comparison right now. I remember after the 85 bears won the Super Bowl there was talk of the greatest team ever, and they could not even repeat one year........no streaks are easy.......championships are not.

When they win 73 games in a year and then six titles in 8 years, start making comparisons to the Michael Jordan led Bulls.

boards of FL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I'm not comparing franchises here. I'm saying that this current assembled Heat team is one for the ages. Their dominance of their era is on par with any other great historical team's dominance of theirs.

What? They're on a 20 game win streak. This is the 3rd longest winning streak in NBA history. They're up 9.5 games in their conference, and will likely win another title this year. How is that not domination?

It's a watered down league brother. NO comparison.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:They are not even close to dominating the NBA currently. They are playing exceptionally well now. I cannot deny that, nor do I think that is relevant. Detroit beat the Bulls two years with not as good of a team, and then the bulls went on their first three peat.

I compare this thread to someone ranking Jeremy Linn as an all time great point guard during the streak NY had last year........silly, silly, silly comparison, but a very nice run and excellent team play lead by somebody who broke out.......but not even close to having any discussion about all time or even era.

No Miami is the main reason I think Rose is taking his time. He knows that the Bulls are one player short of consistently beating them, but if he puts his superman cape on they can dominate them presently as they beat them during the regular season like a drum and lost by one in the playoffs which certainly easily could have gone the Bulls way.......so I am not saying Linn or the Heat are not playing good ball, I am simply saying it is a silly comparison right now. I remember after the 85 bears won the Super Bowl there was talk of the greatest team ever, and they could not even repeat one year........no streaks are easy.......championships are not.

Sorry, 2seaoat. The Heat own the Bulls and the eastern conference. No one else is even remotely close. The Bulls are a team of good defensive players that can't score. Rose is a volume scoring guard - much like a Westbrook - that tends to shoot a low percentage from the field. Sure, the Thunder and Spurs are great, but the Heat will make quick work of either in the finals, just as they did with the Thunder last year. To be honest, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the Heat win four championships in a row. Lebron is one of the greatest of all time, and is also a very unselfish player. Veteran players who can shoot, like Ray Allen, all want to play on a team with Lebron and try and win championships. Expect the Heat to continue to sign good, veteran players like Allen, and expect the championships to continue to roll in until Lebron is past his prime.

2seaoat

The Bulls with Rose last year stuffed Miami consistently. Wade actually had tears of frustration when they shut him down, but I cannot argue that the bulls will not be able to do it .......as far as I am concerned.....Rose has to prove himself on the floor, not with last years stats......so the bulls is only speculation....the Pacers are in my opinion the only legitimate and improving team which will give them a game. However, when you go west, I think the most underrated player in the NBA Tim Duncan......will do what he has quietly done in his career.....win. If everybody at San Antonio is healthy......they will be formidable and I still like OK and they may in fact be a factor, but they are not as good as last year with the loss of Hardin......so even with these weaker teams and watered down talent....Miami will struggle, but have to be the odds on favorite to win the title this year......but not even close to domination......mark my words.....the Bulls and Pacers will fight every game....and defense wins.

2seaoat

San Antonio plays them on the 31st which would be their 29th win on the streak.......that game will be fun.

boards of FL

boards of FL

All I can say is that there is a low basketball IQ on this forum. We have never seen anything like LeBron. Nothing even close. Nor have we ever seen such a hybrid team as the Heat. You guys can try and compare franchises all day. Big deal. This currently assembled Heat team is one for the ages.

KarlRove

KarlRove

boards of FL wrote:I'm not comparing franchises here. I'm saying that this current assembled Heat team is one for the ages. Their dominance of their era is on par with any other great historical team's dominance of theirs.

Dominating the regular season doesn't mean squat.

KarlRove

KarlRove

boards of FL wrote:All I can say is that there is a low basketball IQ on this forum. We have never seen anything like LeBron. Nothing even close. Nor have we ever seen such a hybrid team as the Heat. You guys can try and compare franchises all day. Big deal. This currently assembled Heat team is one for the ages.

Jordan at his peak would spank Lebron's azz. The Bulls era teams were the best. You guys haven't even won two in a row and you think that you're the best ever? WTF? The current Heat team hasn't won ONE playoff game.

Oh and here is a telling stat that was mentioned in the current streak...Lebron FINALLY made a game winning shot in his career. You know, the one that puts the nails in the coffin for a win? Teams that DOMINATE aren't winning by one and two points.

KarlRove

KarlRove

boards of FL wrote:All I can say is that there is a low basketball IQ on this forum. We have never seen anything like LeBron. Nothing even close. Nor have we ever seen such a hybrid team as the Heat. You guys can try and compare franchises all day. Big deal. This currently assembled Heat team is one for the ages.

The only LOW and BIASED basketball IQ is your own. Take off the HEAT COLORED glasses that you are looking through.

Three in a row in the nba impresses me.

2seaoat

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2012/12/08/top-20-nba-players-of-all-time/?utm_source=NBASS&utm_medium=referral#slide_20

The Celtics who are a watered down team of geriatric patients is ahead at half on Miami 9 points......does not mean a thing until crunch time......but dominate.......so was NY last year for awhile.....but the talent on the floor.....look at what Wilt did, and then tell me about James. He is five years away from this conversation, and during that time many will surpass him on the floor today.

boards of FL

boards of FL

You can't base a discussion of greatest player of all time on something like championships. Lebron took a team of people who don't even start now to the NBA finals. His first era in the NBA involved him carrying a bunch of "what's his name again"'s. He is on a good team now. As I said, expect the championships to continue to roll in. No one else is even close right now.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Oh, and they are tied up now.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat, no one even contests LeBron when he breaks toward the basket. Professional, NBA starters are afraid to even contest. They simply let him go in for the jam. And I don't blame them. They don't want to end up in a poster.

We cannot say the same about MJ. No one was genuinly afraid of MJ when he broke on his own. Players would contest. LeBron is built like an NFL D-Lineman. Players literally fear him when he is on a fast break. He is bigger, faster, stronger, a better defensive player, and a better distributer than MJ. He makes everyone around him better, no matter who they are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum