Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Little known American Historical Event

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Slicef18

Slicef18

I didn't know this happened nor did I see the movie. This
clip is taken from the movie and at the end are some of the pictures of
the real World War II vets who participated in this real event. You
will recognize some of the actors. It looks like there is even a
historical fact marker/memorial set up in memory. Scroll down if you
are interested in seeing it.
What you see in the video is Hollywood but the event itself was real.

Little known American Historical Event:

I was completely unaware of this event that took place in Athens , TN in 1946.
I did not know an armed revolt on American soil by WWII veterans ever took
place during our lifetime. A very sobering video to say the least.
Now the second amendment should be a little clearer to many. However this
presentation could also be interpreted as an act of anarchy by others.
This movie lasts less than four minutes and is well worth the time.

http://voxvocispublicus.homestead.com/Battle-of-Athens.html

2seaoat

A great fairy tale which actually happened. First, the event was real. However, the fairy tale is that those folks who took over ended up being just as corrupt as the incumbent. This fairy tale now becomes the story which tells folks that the second amendment is unfettered.....that a bazooka should be allowed. The reality is that across America in the forties there was deeply entrenched ballot corruption and political machines throughout the land. Most of these have been prosecuted and broken by following the law, not armed violence. It was very fortunate that nobody died, and the deputy who shot the person was in fact prosecuted and served time. If uniformed deputies were killed in this rebellion, this would not have been the poster child for folks who think they will be able to overturn tyranny with a gun.........sorry.....in America we effectuate change at the ballot box or in our courts......if this was going to happen today the response would have been minutes, and there would have been massive deaths, and not the patriotic music playing behind this fairy tale.

Now a real story and not a fairy tale of what happens when people grab guns and take the law into their own hands........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herrin_massacre

Yep, both incidents involved greed and corruption.......one has been fairy taled......and the other has been buried as an ugly example of the second amendment going amuck as some people thought tyranny and corruption was being overthrown. We are a nation of laws, and this romanticizing armed rebellion in the name of liberty is a childish fantasy in the 21st century and the Herrin massacre is reality.

Slicef18

Slicef18

2seaoat wrote:A great fairy tale which actually happened. First, the event was real. However, the fairy tale is that those folks who took over ended up being just as corrupt as the incumbent. This fairy tale now becomes the story which tells folks that the second amendment is unfettered.....that a bazooka should be allowed. The reality is that across America in the forties there was deeply entrenched ballot corruption and political machines throughout the land. Most of these have been prosecuted and broken by following the law, not armed violence. It was very fortunate that nobody died, and the deputy who shot the person was in fact prosecuted and served time. If uniformed deputies were killed in this rebellion, this would not have been the poster child for folks who think they will be able to overturn tyranny with a gun.........sorry.....in America we effectuate change at the ballot box or in our courts......if this was going to happen today the response would have been minutes, and there would have been massive deaths, and not the patriotic music playing behind this fairy tale.

Now a real story and not a fairy tale of what happens when people grab guns and take the law into their own hands........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herrin_massacre

Yep, both incidents involved greed and corruption.......one has been fairy taled......and the other has been buried as an ugly example of the second amendment going amuck as some people thought tyranny and corruption was being overthrown. We are a nation of laws, and this romanticizing armed rebellion in the name of liberty is a childish fantasy in the 21st century and the Herrin massacre is reality.

GREAT INFO!!!! Thanks much.

2seaoat

GREAT INFO!!!! Thanks much.

People rarely hear about when folks grab guns and seek vigilante justice. The sad thing is the legal system never convicted the bastards which slit the throats of those poor souls who were simply looking for work. I have guns. I support our constitution, but I will never let the gun merchants propagandize reality. Reality is what happen in that community of the damned where they thought they were right and broke in and got weapons.......not much has changed....our current Attorney General does not prosecute either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum