Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THIEF SHOT AND KILLED WITH AR-15 AFTER BURGLARIZING OREGON HOME — BUT YOU WON’T BELIEVE HOW IT HAPPENED

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VectorMan

VectorMan

Police in Polk County, Ore. found a suspected burglar dead inside a stolen truck Sunday morning. They say he burglarized a home twice the night before, stealing several items, including two guns.

In a statement, investigators said 19-year-old Genaro Hernandez Mendoza of West Salem, Ore. was heading to his family’s farm when he broke into a home on Independence Highway and stole several items. He then returned to the farm and hid the stolen items behind a barn.

Police say he then stole a pickup truck and returned to the same home he had already burglarized to steal more items, including a shotgun and an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.

Detective John Williams says investigators found a shotgun and the rifle Sunday morning, side by side on the passenger-side floorboard of a stolen farm truck, barrels pointed at the driver.

Williams says it appears that a lever on the shotgun got into the trigger guard of the rifle. When the truck hit a bump in the road, the rifle fired once, striking and killing Mendoza in a freak accident.

However, Sheriff Bob Wolfe said police are still investigating the incident to make sure no other parties were involved in the burglary. He added that it seemed clear that Mendoza’s death was accidental and the result of failing to safely store the weapons he stole.

2seaoat

My dad taught me that lesson at 5.....you do not have weapons pointed at you at anytime.......never. You follow that rule.....it improves your chances of an accident.

talknstang

bad karma perhaps? lol

VectorMan

VectorMan

All I could think was - what a dumbass!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That is pretty bizarre. lol

2seaoat wrote:My dad taught me that lesson at 5.....you do not have weapons pointed at you at anytime.......never. You follow that rule.....it improves your chances of an accident.

I lost a friend over that rule. I was visiting one evening and his 6yo son kept coming over and pointing a life like replica of a Colt .45 "toy" gun, right in my face.

I asked him to stop and explained why. He did it several more times and I patiently asked him to stop. The next time he did it, I took it away from he and he started pitching a fit. The "friend" got mad and demanded I return his punk kid's "toy".

I left and took the "toy gun" with me.

Haven't seen him since.

2seaoat

I left and took the "toy gun" with me.

Haven't seen him since.

My dad only spanked me once and never got angry about much of anything, but hunting with my brother and I as very young kids, he exploded with my brother's handling of a gun and his cavalier manner of not keeping his barrel down and pointed at people periodically. He really did not like life like play guns being pointed at him, but I have told this story on the PNJ. It was the late 1950s and I am about 8 and my brother 6, and he had gotten us these water rockets where you fill a rocket partially up with water and then pump up a tremendous amount of pressure and the rocket would go about 100 feet in the air spewing the air and water out as it gained altitude.

My father was in his favorite chair reading the sunday paper when my mother, my brother and I got back from church, and my brother runs into the room with the rocket and proceeds to fill up the rocket with water and bring it in to the living room where my father has not put his paper down. He begins pumping this rocket up, and again my father is oblivious to my brother's activities and suddenly he aims the rocket at the newspaper and releases the rocket.........it puts about a 12 inch hole at the centerfold of my father's paper he is reading, and misses my father's ear by about a millimeter and then hits the wall immediately behind his head as plastic shrapmetal explodes around the room and my father is drenched in water.
This all happened after about a month of the pointing the gun incident.....well I finally saw my father lose his temper for the only time in my life, and I realized he had a great deal of work with my brother on the concept of where you aim things.

8THIEF SHOT AND KILLED WITH AR-15 AFTER BURGLARIZING OREGON HOME — BUT YOU WON’T BELIEVE HOW IT HAPPENED Empty Thread stealer 3/5/2013, 2:46 am

Stolen.....

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Another story with a happy ending.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum