Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gulf Breeze teen shot and killed by PPD

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

December 24, 2013
A teen is dead and a Pensacola Police officer is on paid administrative leave after an officer involved shooting about 5:30 near the intersection of 17th Avenue and Bayfront Parkway.
Officers reported William Goodman, 17, of Gulf Breeze driving a 2009 Corvette recklessly at a high rate of speed several times Tuesday morning prior to the incident. Goodman fled from officers at speeds nearing 100 mph, and officers twice cancelled pursuits.
Around 5:30 this morning, officers were able to block the vehicle Goodman was driving in an attempt to take him into custody at the intersection of 17th Avenue and Bayfront Parkway.
However, once boxed in, Goodman repeatedly rammed police vehicles in an attempt to escape. During this attempt, he ran over Sgt. Steve Bauer’s right leg. At that point, Officer Chad Willhite fired into the vehicle and struck Goodman. Goodman was taken to a local hospital for treatment and died a short time later.
A handwritten note from Goodman to his parents was found at his home.
Bauer was treated and released from a local hospital.
Goodman was scheduled for a court appearance in late January 2014 related to a March 30 incident in Santa Rosa County where he was charged with one count of vehicular homicide
and one count of reckless driving resulting in serious injury.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is handling the investigation as is standard procedure.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well if that's how it went down the kid had it comin....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The homocide case from last year was caused by drag racing. The original story he told was he was passing another car when he struck the elderly man. Not true he was going over 70 mph........and no skid marks.

4Gulf Breeze teen shot and killed by PPD Empty More from the PNJ 12/24/2013, 3:49 pm

Goodman was the driver of a Mitsubishi Eclipse that struck and killed a 66-year-old man and injured the man’s daughter as they were walking near Gulf Breeze, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

Goodman, then 16, was speeding west in a no-pass zone on Laurel Drive in the Oriole Beach area when he tried to pass a car, authorities said.

The front of the car hit Michael LaBelle, troopers said, and the car’s mirror clipped LaBelle’s daughter.

This incident occurred in March, 2013.

2seaoat

If you want to commit suicide by a police officer, I guess folks have figured out what county and city would give you a high probability of success. I am not suggesting that any officer did something wrong. I just do not get the lack of training on how to deal with certain situations. It just never ends.

Perhaps this was better than driving at 55 miles an hour into a semi. I went to a nephew by marriages funeral when they were told by the police that they had listened to his phone message to his girlfriend as he was driving into the semi. I think suicide by cop usually does not expose the innocent public to that person's choice, but it might have been nice that this life could have been saved.......but that cow noq is out of the barn.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

colaguy wrote:Goodman was the driver of a Mitsubishi Eclipse that struck and killed a 66-year-old man and injured the man’s daughter as they were walking near Gulf Breeze, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

Goodman, then 16, was speeding west in a no-pass zone on Laurel Drive in the Oriole Beach area when he tried to pass a car, authorities said.

The front of the car hit Michael LaBelle, troopers said, and the car’s mirror clipped LaBelle’s daughter.

This incident occurred in March, 2013.

That was the story.....others believe the cars were drag racing. The road has had a lot of kids drag racing on that stretch of Laurel Dr.

Ban cars.

Geez, what a nice x-mas present he gave his parents.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:Geez, what a nice x-mas present he gave his parents.

I thought the same thing.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Perhaps if his Dad had been allowed to bust his butt with a board when he needed it he might still be alive.....But we all know Nanny State knows best.

dumpcare

Well you may be right there Teo, but my question is why the hell was he even allowed to drive after killing the man last spring? Also maybe the parents just didn't give a shit how he was raised. I see a lot of that now days. Sad.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ppaca wrote:Well you may be right there Teo, but my question is why the hell was he even allowed to drive after killing the man last spring? Also maybe the parents just didn't give a shit how he was raised. I see a lot of that now days. Sad.

Yeah he should have lost his license for a few years AT LEAST !

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Well you may be right there Teo, but my question is why the hell was he even allowed to drive after killing the man last spring? Also maybe the parents just didn't give a shit how he was raised. I see a lot of that now days. Sad.

He took the car without them knowing.

dumpcare

edited

This boy came from a wonderful family. My heart goes out to them. It's not fair to blame his parents when you know nothing about them.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

jmho wrote:This boy came from a wonderful family. My heart goes out to them. It's not fair to blame his parents when you know nothing about them.

I can not feel anything but extreme sympathy for his parents. I know they must be devastated. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum