Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I guess the "peace" has ended...

+3
Nekochan
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreams, that is fine if you don't care what personal information is posted about you. But if someone posts your name or other information about you and you send the moderator an email about it, why are you considered the trouble maker?

Oh, just for the record, I have never pmd Boards and asked him to ban anyone. When my name was posted a few weeks ago, I pmd him and he deleted the thread. That's fine and I didn't demand that anyone be banned. I thanked Boards. But then just 2 weeks later the same member who posted my name made additional threats to me. And has made threats against a number of members. And nothing was done about it. So Dreams...how far can a member go on here with the threats and such? Do you think anything and everything is within bounds?

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Dreams, that is fine if you don't care what personal information is posted about you. But if someone posts your name or other information about you and you send the moderator an email about it, why are you considered the trouble maker?

Oh, just for the record, I have never pmd Boards and asked him to ban anyone. When my name was posted a few weeks ago, I pmd him and he deleted the thread. That's fine and I didn't demand that anyone be banned. I thanked Boards. But then just 2 weeks later the same member who posted my name made additional threats to me. And has made threats against a number of members. And nothing was done about it. So Dreams...how far can a member go on here with the threats and such? Do you think anything and everything is within bounds?

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Very Happy

Nekochan wrote:Dreams, that is fine if you don't care what personal information is posted about you. But if someone posts your name or other information about you and you send the moderator an email about it, why are you considered the trouble maker?

Apparently it is. I think Boards has a point about responding. You can cut it off by not participating and it goes by the wayside. It's hard to do but it works. I don't respond to a lot of the nasty posts sent my way.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:

Apparently it is. I think Boards has a point about responding. You can cut it off by not participating and it goes by the wayside. It's hard to do but it works. I don't respond to a lot of the nasty posts sent my way.

I see your point about walking away, but my name was posted a couple of weeks ago with no provocation on my part. You don't mind having tussles with members but you don't expect to have your name posted, do you? If you post a reply to someone's comment and the next thing you know, they have posted your full name and/or threatened you--do you think that YOU are the problem?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:I'll just say this about w_t_m. The guy is a fairly open book who is upfront in who he is. What you see is what you get. I think everyone here understands this. In terms of forum drama, to some people he is somewhat like a wasp nest. If you throw rocks at it, it's going to stir the wasps and you may get stung. This thread is a perfect example of the figurative rock.

PACEDOG, having posted on the PNJ for years, what do you expect to happen when you create a thread - like this - specifically to call w_t_m out? You're throwing rocks at the wasp nest. If you don't like the idea of a stirred up wasp nest, don't throw rocks at it!

That said, this doesn't excuse the behavior of w_t_m. I think he would be better off if he learned to let this type of thread simply roll off and look the other way. But come on. It takes two to tango. Every time there is some sort of drama infused thread that I feel I have to delete or move to the Hall of Shame, it always contains posts from the same group of players - each vehemently blaming the other side. Personally, I don't have a dog in the fight and could care less about the drama, though I think - and I feel others who watch this would agree - that if each of you exercised just 10 or 20% more restraint, if each of you stopped and thought before posting "What do I intend to accomplish with this post?", then there would be no need for moderation or for anyone to clean up the General Discussion section.

I never have to clean up posts from PkrBum, 2seaoat, MarginCall, Slice, Z, Markle, nochain, Bob, TEO, othershoe, iron sights, cola guy, newswatcher, and many many more. There are only a few players involved in posts that generate PMs to me that I ultimately have to take action on. All I can say is that the solution is not a moderator who will inject him/herself into this battle and start banning people. The solution is for those people to exercise a certain level of restraint and take responsibility for the drama that they stoke. Simple.

Anytime I get PMs from each side of this forum battle asking me to ban so-and-so, I view it as trying to fix the leaky roof by placing a larger bowl on the ground to collect the drips.
The better option is to simply fix the roof and then there will be no need for a bowl. If those who regularly find themselves engaged in drama were to simply exercise 10 to 20% more restrain in their posting, the roof would be fixed and we would have no need for a bowl.

For the record Board's I have never asked you to ban anyone and the only communication I sent to you, regarding this fiasco, was to have my name removed from multiple threads. Nothing more.

BTW....there was a short period of time several months ago when the majority of the problems did not exist.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 2/15/2013, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's outlandish that the ones whose names are posted and threats made against them are considered by Boards to be the trouble makers. Where in "moderation land" do you come up with such a policy?

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I see your point about walking away, but my name was posted a couple of weeks ago with no provocation on my part. You don't mind having tussles with members but you don't expect to have your name posted, do you? If you post a reply to someone's comment and the next thing you know, they have posted your full name and/or threatened you--do you think that YOU are the problem?

Very Happy

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:It's outlandish that the ones whose names are posted and threats made against them are considered by Boards to be the trouble makers. Where in "moderation land" do you come up with such a policy?

Very Happy

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I'll just say this about w_t_m. The guy is a fairly open book who is upfront in who he is. What you see is what you get. I think everyone here understands this. In terms of forum drama, to some people he is somewhat like a wasp nest. If you throw rocks at it, it's going to stir the wasps and you may get stung. This thread is a perfect example of the figurative rock.

PACEDOG, having posted on the PNJ for years, what do you expect to happen when you create a thread - like this - specifically to call w_t_m out? You're throwing rocks at the wasp nest. If you don't like the idea of a stirred up wasp nest, don't throw rocks at it!

That said, this doesn't excuse the behavior of w_t_m. I think he would be better off if he learned to let this type of thread simply roll off and look the other way. But come on. It takes two to tango. Every time there is some sort of drama infused thread that I feel I have to delete or move to the Hall of Shame, it always contains posts from the same group of players - each vehemently blaming the other side. Personally, I don't have a dog in the fight and could care less about the drama, though I think - and I feel others who watch this would agree - that if each of you exercised just 10 or 20% more restraint, if each of you stopped and thought before posting "What do I intend to accomplish with this post?", then there would be no need for moderation or for anyone to clean up the General Discussion section.

I never have to clean up posts from PkrBum, 2seaoat, MarginCall, Slice, Z, Markle, nochain, Bob, TEO, othershoe, iron sights, cola guy, newswatcher, and many many more. There are only a few players involved in posts that generate PMs to me that I ultimately have to take action on. All I can say is that the solution is not a moderator who will inject him/herself into this battle and start banning people. The solution is for those people to exercise a certain level of restraint and take responsibility for the drama that they stoke. Simple.

Anytime I get PMs from each side of this forum battle asking me to ban so-and-so, I view it as trying to fix the leaky roof by placing a larger bowl on the ground to collect the drips.
The better option is to simply fix the roof and then there will be no need for a bowl. If those who regularly find themselves engaged in drama were to simply exercise 10 to 20% more restrain in their posting, the roof would be fixed and we would have no need for a bowl.

For the record Board's I have never asked you to ban anyone and the only communication I sent to you, regarding this fiasco, was to have my name removed. Nothing more.

BTW....there was a short period of time several months ago when the majority of the problems did not exist.

Very observant and true!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Neko...I had to edit my post...When I did contact Board's it was because my name was listed multiple times on different threads.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote: Neko...I had to edit my post...When I did contact Board's it was because my name was listed multiple times on different threads.

Very Happy

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote: Neko...I had to edit my post...When I did contact Board's it was because my name was listed multiple times on different threads.

Well...you know, it's all your fault. You made him post your name. Shame on you. Shocked

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:

Well...you know, it's all your fault. You made him post your name. Shame on you. Shocked

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Very Happy

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:

Dammit. I keep forgetting it is the responsibility of others to keep his uncontrollable rage and temper contained.

Tip-toe and wear kid gloves.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Dammit. I keep forgetting it is the responsibility of others to keep his uncontrollable rage and temper contained.

Very Happy

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Dammit Joani. Look at the trouble we've caused Boards. He cannot properly do his job because of us trouble makers. Twisted Evil

Anytime I get PMs from each side of this forum battle asking me to ban so-and-so, I view it as trying to fix the leaky roof by placing a larger bowl on the ground to collect the drips. The better option is to simply fix the roof and then there will be no need for a bowl. If those who regularly find themselves engaged in drama were to simply exercise 10 to 20% more restrain in their posting, the roof would be fixed and we would have no need for a bowl.
You can do what you want as it is your forum. If you want to take up for WTM and his constant cursings of everyone on the forum but a select few and it makes a warm feeling run down you leg, have at it. It does nothing but foment discontent with everyone else. Am I calling him out? Did I use his name? If the shoe fits, he has to wear it.
He posted that he would do better and the day after he is here cursing folks again. You have plenty of people who are tired of his act. He is so stubborn that he would argue with a STOP sign. Again, the reputation of the forum should be what you are concerned about since it is your property. If you want a beaten down, run down forum where few have input unless they AGREE with the forum troll, I guess that is your perogative. I've not posted anything TO him personally and I won't ever. He trolls around responding to my posts and I still iggy him. Go back and read for yourself.
If this were just about me having a problem with said member, well then maybe I am the issue, but I am not the only person who is tired of his game. I never knew that he was a major reason that the PNJ decided to close their forums until I read his thread about being attacked. I find it hilarious that he is the most abusive poster here and yet complains when others turn the tables on him and use his own tactics against him. Whatever deal you have going with him is obviously your own business, but it is ruining this for others.

And you admit that you let a WASP nest infest your forum...how nice. It is almost like you are the stick that stirs the crap since you know the poster is as toxic as his posts.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 2/15/2013, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

What a crock of crap. You started yet another thread attacking me.....what is that, 4 or 5 now.... you follow me around posting BS to bait me, while saying you don't understand why I post @ you...and you're now gonna accuse me of killing the PNJ forum....?

Until the trolls decided to game the negs, YOU were the highest vote getter. You're a world class liar, and seem absolutely clueless most of the time. The idea that you are the standard bearer for forum behavior is laughable.

Grow up.

Nekochan wrote:It's outlandish that the ones whose names are posted and threats made against them are considered by Boards to be the trouble makers. Where in "moderation land" do you come up with such a policy?

He has something on Boards....there is no excuse for a mod of a forum to let someone run rampant on him as WTM does.

-617 someone who is a troll
I've never been 1/3 as high

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

He has something on Boards....there is no excuse for a mod of a forum to let someone run rampant on him as WTM does.

LOL. Yes....I'm blackmailing Boards, you vacuous idiot.

Grow up toy soldier.

I guess the "peace" has ended... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwP5aZb-ZBIM2odmhC6GO8hMAZNda19d4-4QGTlRY_pRQa5evRqQ

I guess the "peace" has ended... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVv5Uczq9CqsiPnWQ0juMLl3bd5e38U27cgl6dlVCTLxCQ5zvY

Nekochan

Nekochan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I don't know what's going on but I would think that if Boards cares about his forum, regardless of what he thinks about you or me or others, he would do more to stop or at least somewhat control the nastiness on this forum.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I don't know what's going on but I would think that if Boards cares about his forum, regardless of what he thinks about you or me or others, he would do more to stop or at least somewhat control the nastiness on this forum.

Boards can not and should not have to try and change someone's personality or attempt to control their temper and rage, personal responsibility is necessary. Boards can only exercise control it if he is the target or bombarded with complaints.

Previous attempts made by Boards.

Warning to *FUCKER* and W_T_M on November 10th 2012, 5:02 pm
You're both adults. Please try and control yourselves. I'm giving you guys a warning to chill out our catch a 3-day, temporary ban.

*FUCKER* - Change your name and perhaps don't post for a few hours/days until you have calmed down and gotten over whatever it is that is pushing you over the edge.

W_T_M - Enough with the threats of lawsuits. You're coming off as a giant douche who has way too much time on his hands and takes internet forums way too seriously. Threaten me with a lawsuit again and I will simply permanently ban you. I think any other forum moderator would have already banned you by now had they received the threats you have given me. I have only allowed you to stay here and threaten me because you occasionally post some funny stuff. That being said, nothing you post is that funny or interesting that I would let you threaten me with legal action on a regular basis.

Everyone else - If either of these two act up again, send me a PM and I will give them a 3 day ban. Just send me the link to the thread in which they are acting up.

Warning to WTM on December 13th 2012, 1:59 pm
boards of FL

I'm starting to receive complaints via PM about your outbursts. I never want to ban anyone but some of these posts are way over the top. I have cleaned up the threads and moved them over to the Hall of Shame.

Try to control your outbursts. If the complaints continue I will issue a three day temporary ban as I have in the past with Ghandi. I rarely received complaints and received two in a matter of hours today, one of which is from a poster that never PMs or complains about anybody.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:Dammit Joani. Look at the trouble we've caused Boards. He cannot properly do his job because of us trouble makers. Twisted Evil

Let's try an exercise. Can you list for me the people who you feel are regularly engaged in drama on this forum?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum