Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ABC News uses computer to "Translate" Rubio's SOTU rebuttal speech, sort of...

+3
Sal
Markle
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Colbert did a segment on the Spanish version of his speech. He said it was 4 minutes longer than the English version. However, the hysterical thing is that if you pull up the subtitles (move cursor over upper left corner of the frame a drop-doen menu will appear for CC & you can click on English )

Every once in a while the computer gets a word right here and there but for the most part it is really, really off. Try it, this is a good laugh.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/marco-rubios-state-union-response-spanish-language-version-18482403?tab=9482931&section=2808950&playlist=18482374

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:Colbert did a segment on the Spanish version of his speech. He said it was 4 minutes longer than the English version. However, the hysterical thing is that if you pull up the subtitles (move cursor over upper left corner of the frame a drop-doen menu will appear for CC & you can click on English )

Every once in a while the computer gets a word right here and there but for the most part it is really, really off. Try it, this is a good laugh.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/marco-rubios-state-union-response-spanish-language-version-18482403?tab=9482931&section=2808950&playlist=18482374

The Progressives fear Sen. Marco Rubio. The senseless attacks from the lame stream media. Nothing about the brilliant content and presentation of his speech, but the concentrate on a drink of water.

Next the racist attacks will begin on Dr. Ben Carson.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:Nothing about the brilliant content and presentation of his speech,

Laughing

You are good for a laugh, Markie.

Thanks once again for the morning lulz.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The comments I saw yesterday about Rubio's speech was that it took, in several places, many of the old rejected ideas from the Romney campaign. Of course we all noticed the arguments he made about things the President never said in his speech. He should have read posts on this forum for tips on how to argue points never made by anyone!! There is a lot of that going on around here!

To be fair, giving the rebuttal to a speech you've never heard is tricky at best.

Someone, possibly on Morning Joe, said that Chris Christy had been offered the rebuttal job but was too smart to take it. Giving this speech has become the kiss of death!

The English subtitles were not even in the ball park. You'd think ABC News could afford to have a real person do the translation?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Nothing about the brilliant content and presentation of his speech, but the concentrate on a drink of water.

Brilliant content of the speech? What planet do you live on? Being that the speech immediately followed the state of the union, and being that it was obviously a pre-written speech, Rubio was left to guess what the president would talk about. Unfortunately for him, he guessed wrong, and was visibly nervous and uninspired as he spouted what he himself knew was complete BS that didn't directly address the president's state of the union address. Somebody give the guy some water! Is it hot in here?

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:Nothing about the brilliant content and presentation of his speech, but the concentrate on a drink of water.

Brilliant content of the speech? What planet do you live on? Being that the speech immediately followed the state of the union, and being that it was obviously a pre-written speech, Rubio was left to guess what the president would talk about. Unfortunately for him, he guessed wrong, and was visibly nervous and uninspired as he spouted what he himself knew was complete BS that didn't directly address the president's state of the union address. Somebody give the guy some water! Is it hot in here?

I just flew in from Miami and boy are my arms tired. (insert rim shot).

It's good to be here tonight although I have no idea why. Is it hot in here...? Can a pimp get a water...?

Long pause.................................

OK where were we...? Oh yeah, the State of the Union. That always made me wonder which state he was gonna talk about. LOL. Amirite, huh...yeah?

Anyway...I digress. Here it is folks. The Union is totally screwed. And we got this way because of that Muslim Fascist Kenyan. The sooner we vote him out of office the better. (hold on a moment)

Never mind. I've been informed he cannot run again. Now he'll do something like gin up a bogus excuse for war and crisis so he can suspend the next election and declare himself a Lord Protectorate....amirite..?

He sure is uppity, but we already knew that, huh...?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nobody fears Marco Rubio. Should he ever run for President, his shady financial dealings as a Florida state politician will haunt him:

Marco Rubio's Personal Finances Don't Match His Rhetoric
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/marco-rubio-finances_n_2678744.html

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Nobody fears Marco Rubio. Should he ever run for President, his shady financial dealings as a Florida state politician will haunt him:

Marco Rubio's Personal Finances Don't Match His Rhetoric
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/marco-rubio-finances_n_2678744.html

Now I get it! This is what the Republicans mean when they say government should be run like a business!! They think it should be run like their own private business. This explains a lot of the corporate welfare, tax expenditures for individual corporations, non-bid contracts, cost-plus contracts, it is all becoming more clear now. All along I mistakenly thought the phrase "government should be run like a business" meant it should be run efficiently.

As Rubio climbed the ranks, he began to use little-noticed political committees to fund his travel and other expenses and later had a Republican Party of Florida credit card.
What emerged, records show, is a pattern of blending personal and political spending. Over and over again Rubio proved sloppy, at best, in complying with disclosure requirements.

Virtually broke, the 31-year-old lawmaker began campaigning to be House speaker in 2003 and created a political committee -- Floridians for Conservative Leadership -- to help elect other Republican candidates and curry their support.

With his wife serving as treasurer, Rubio did not wait for the state to authorize the committee before accepting campaign donations.

The committee listed its address as Rubio's home, a modest place he and his wife bought in West Miami in 2002, but reported spending nearly $85,000 in office and operating costs and $65,000 for administrative costs.

Over 18 months, nearly $90,000 went for political consultants, $51,000 went for credit card payments and $4,000 went to other candidates. That's less than the $5,700 that went to his wife, Jeanette, much of it for "gas and meals.'' (Mrs. Rubio does not work and the couple file joint tax returns.)

Slicef18

Slicef18

" concentrate on a drink of water"

Rubio didn't take a drink of water. He had repetative sips of water. No healthy person needs that much water when standing there doing nothing but talking.
My guess is that the sips of water are a nerve tic that he will overcome.

bizguy

Slicef18 wrote:" concentrate on a drink of water"

Rubio didn't take a drink of water. He had repetative sips of water. No healthy person needs that much water when standing there doing nothing but talking.

Maybe you're a little confused by watching the media replay his sip of water so many times that you think he took repetitive sips during his speech. In reality he only stopped once to take a sip of water.

Slicef18

Slicef18

bizguy wrote:

Maybe you're a little confused by watching the media replay his sip of water so many times that you think he took repetitive sips during his speech. In reality he only stopped once to take a sip of water.

I suggest you watch the Rubio video again. He uses different hands and the way he's holding his drink. If you have credible evidence supporting the "one sip" theory, I'd like to see it. Thanks

bizguy

Slicef18 wrote:
bizguy wrote:

I suggest you watch the Rubio video again. He uses different hands and the way he's holding his drink. If you have credible evidence supporting the "one sip" theory, I'd like to see it. Thanks

Maybe you watched a different speech. I'm talking about his response to the State of the Union Speech he delivered on Tuesday evening. I did not watch the Spanish language version of his speech. He only took one quick sip of water. Here's the video so you can see for yourself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmZbBh83-I

Slicef18

Slicef18

bizguy wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
bizguy wrote:

Maybe you watched a different speech. I'm talking about his response to the State of the Union Speech he delivered on Tuesday evening. I did not watch the Spanish language version of his speech. He only took one quick sip of water. Here's the video so you can see for yourself...

I stand corrected, you are right. Thanks for the link.

bizguy

Slicef18 wrote:
bizguy wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
bizguy wrote:

No problem Slice. I appreciate the civil discourse.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

bizguy wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
bizguy wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
bizguy wrote:

No problem Slice. I appreciate the civil discourse.

Congratulations to you both! To me this is the way corrections and clarifications are supposed to work in a well functioning forum setting. Great example. Let's hope it catches on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum