Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Maritime Park $270,000 in the red

+3
Yella
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

From the PNJ
There are 336 parking spaces at the park, and the city has committed 200 to the new Studer Group building and 150 to Northwest Florida Professional Baseball.

200 + 150=336

hallmarkgrad wrote:From the PNJ
There are 336 parking spaces at the park, and the city has committed 200 to the new Studer Group building and 150 to Northwest Florida Professional Baseball.

200 + 150=336

There's SOMETHING about that equation that doesn't add up pirat

I guess the handicapped have to park a block or two away and walk?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Looks like they'll have to turn the Ol' Stinky site into a giant parking lot. Should be no problem getting people across Bayfront Parkway/Main St...right? You'd think SOMEONE would have addressed the parking issue in the beginning...ha,ha. Feeding frenzy for the GOB's...must have been too busy staking their territory to notice the obvious, kinda like the shaky contractor they initially hired and then had to dump.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I just saw the headlines in the PNJ E-Newspaper. Hallmark has been batting 1000 in his musings on the CMP.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I expect it to only get worse.. All involved in this Bait-n-Switch SCAM should be held responsible.. The ones who stood by and let this crime happen should be charged too..

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:From the PNJ

200 + 150=336

It was one of my more accurate prophecies when I stated it would be the biggest scam in the history of Pensacola and perhaps the entire Gulf Coast.

The GOBs have taken their profits and hidden them in the vastness of the internet.

How sad that so many got sucked into this incredible boondoggle by so few.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well at least they can't blame ole WD for this one.....unless they can lure him back and frame him again....

These guys make WD and Wally Yost look great. [img]Community Maritime Park $270,000 in the red Sfvvi1[/img]

hallmarkgrad wrote:These guys make WD and Wally Yost look great. [img]Community Maritime Park $270,000 in the red Sfvvi1[/img]

At least when WD was in office, NW Florida didn't get the crap end of the stick from the state.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well at least they can't blame ole WD for this one.....unless they can lure him back and frame him again....

W D was NOT framed.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well at least they can't blame ole WD for this one.....unless they can lure him back and frame him again....

W D was NOT framed.

He was my friend and I say he was...

We another Bob Sikes for this area. I have no beef with WD and I worked indirectly for Wally Yost. I would never 2nd guess anything that happens around here.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 2/10/2013, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

hallmarkgrad wrote:We another Bob Sikes for this area. I have no beef with WD and I worked indirectly for Wally Yost. I would ever 2nd guess anything that happens around here.

I spent a lot of time in WDs home and had some private conversations with him. I got on the PNJ forum originally to defend him. I helped at his trials and sat through them both. It was obvious to me that he was innocent but it didn't matter. Evidence was suppressed or created as needed by the prosecution...his rights were violated at every turn. I read his letters from prison and I still admire him and the guts he had....

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:We another Bob Sikes for this area. I have no beef with WD and I worked indirectly for Wally Yost. I would ever 2nd guess anything that happens around here.

I spent a lot of time in WDs home and had some private conversations with him. I got on the PNJ forum originally to defend him. I helped at his trials and sat through them both. It was obvious to me that he was innocent but it didn't matter. Evidence was suppressed or created as needed by the prosecution...his rights were violated at every turn. I read his letters from prison and I still admire him and the guts he had....

I thought you were WD back then.. What a Face

NaNook

NaNook

The only problem is a lack if vision. I was against the CMP, now it's here. Use the damn thing to generate income. It was sold as a mixed use park, use it as a mixed use park. Hold yard sales for 10% of income. Hold concerts. It's really not hard to cover 250k per year.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lurch wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I thought you were WD back then.. What a Face

Well I did my best to defend what I still believe was an innocent man...As much as I distrust politicians I still trusted him. If I was wrong well you got to stand for what you believe right or wrong. He lives in Lauderdale now and I haven't heard from him in years....best forgotten I guess.

I agree NaNook. I think we will find out that is the short fall is going to be much more than is being reported.. There is some serious money being shuffled around between the CMPA and the City of Pensacola. I question the role of the City as a Maintenance contractor. Are they in essence subbing out the City employees?. I dont know but I think things are going to get interesting.

They had to print the story today because the CMPA is meeting Wensaday and they need to soften the blow.

" Laissez les bons temps rouler "

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 2/10/2013, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The ball park is in the red!!!!!!

Well I am shocked, shocked I tell you..... Shocked

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:The ball park is in the red!!!!!!

You forgot....DAMN-IT !

Yella

Yella

NaNook wrote:The only problem is a lack if vision. I was against the CMP, now it's here. Use the damn thing to generate income. It was sold as a mixed use park, use it as a mixed use park. Hold yard sales for 10% of income. Hold concerts. It's really not hard to cover 250k per year.

Every suggestion for events to generate income always comes back to this:

[/b] NO PARKING!

A henchman says to King Stooder,
"The people are asking for parking."
"Let them walk!" said the King.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:The ball park is in the red!!!!!!

You forgot....DAMN-IT !

Oops!

The ball park is in the red!!!!!!

Well I am shocked dammit, shocked I tell you..... Shocked

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Where would the YMCA members park, if I may be so bold?

Floridatexan wrote:

Probably over at The Roundup.. Shocked

Yella

Yella

Floridatexan wrote:

The people who want this the most are the ones who will be building it at a huge profit and the city will just go deeper into debt. The builders could care less how people get to the YMCA or even if they don't get there. They consider the area to be for construction of buildings not parking lots.

Floridatexan wrote:

Parking? We don't need no stinkin' parking...

Since the Y will be for Studer's athletes, no more spaces will be taken with the Y... except for when Margin Call visits.

I will bet you that there hasn't been any studies done on how a Y building will help retire the debt. They're tax exempt, aren't they?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum