Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

hit and run in milton no injury bout $1500 damage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Somebody side swiped my grandsons truck a about 8 pm tonite at Glover and berryhill if your neighbor shows up with a significant damage on his driver side small white two door car let me know. Smile

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Somebody side swiped my grandsons truck a about 8 pm tonite at Glover and berryhill if your neighbor shows up with a significant damage on his driver side small white two door car let me know. Smile

Dammit man! I hate to hear that, T! I sure hope they catch the dirty SOB who did it.

No

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thanks me to. He had spent hours getting that truck looking really good and it really depressed him.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Thanks me to. He had spent hours getting that truck looking really good and it really depressed him.

I'd bet. I have only been in one accident in all the years I've been driving since I was 13 or so. It was shortly after I bought my current pick up, and the factory got shut down and every one got sent home because of weather (blizzard and extremely high winds). I was in 4-high on my way home and was not going over 20 MPH. Visibility was for shit and the the road was covered in black ice. Got to the point on the road where a road met in and has a stop sign (for them, not me) and was watching extra carefully. I see this douchebag in a brand-new BMW ZOOMING up to the stop sign, no chance in hell he'll be able to stop.

Trouble is, there's a huge drop off to the right into a big gully with boulders in it (I would have rolled several times) and oncoming traffic to my left. Remember that visibility was for shit, otherwise I would have just been able to take my foot off the gas pedal and I would have stopped IF I had in 4-low.... but I was in 4-high. At any rate, I choose to hit the tail end of the BMW instead of roll down into that gully. Ended up that he finally saw the stop sign and hit the brakes (he had anti lock brakes, of course, which threw-off my judgement of how quickly he would stop on the ice) and he T-boned me, dammit.

Turned out the @hole was from LA and had been talking on his damned phone while driving in a blizzard in 50 -60 MPH winds. Fortunately, didn't bend my frame, but it did tear off the metal from my front passenger side quarterpanel, and left it hanging out about 4-feet. Being the cheapskate that I am instead of getting a tow, I got a pair of tinsnips out of the back of the truck, snipped off all the offending pieces and drove it home. lol.

Pissed me off, but at least he didn't hit and run me. These days he would have been charged for talking on the phone while driving. At the time it was determined to be a "no fault" accident because of the blizzard and black ice, even though the @hole blew the damned stop sign. Ehhh, such is life.

At any rate, that's my story... and I really feel for your grandson. My pickup was in perfect condition before that "no fault" accident. I mean, obviously I got it fixed, but when I eventually sell it some day I will have to disclose the accident. I certainly hope he reported it and that Johnny Law keeps a lookout at body shops for small white coupes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum