Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hit and Run----in Milton a few months ago!

+5
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Sal
Joanimaroni
cool1
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

cool1

cool1

I want to know how all of you would react if this were your brothers child--and how would you feel.

My brother had a son around 20 years old , I watched the kid grow up , so he is walking down the road or crossing the road when this 16 year old plows into him --the kid gets out looks --runs home scared--tries to take dents out --wasnt going to tell a sole--did not call police --someone in his family I think his sister told him you must tell dad , So finally he confessed.

Because the 16 year old did not stop --the next car hit lil Ricky and drug his body say 20 foot or more .

we have a court date comming up, and all the family will be there to show a good showing for the family -The lawyer said it would help.

If anyone can find story I dont care if you put it on here -I just want to know honestly how all of you feel about this a 16 year old ---same age as my daughter Shocked

My daughter wouldnt leave someone in the street to die-she would call police--this kid just hit and ran -makes me sick !

My brothers story---He had just dropped lil Rick at his pawpaws---My brother didnt live far away. About an hour I would say -My brother saw police on the road -He didnt know what was going on -He said the cops were all over the road --My brother called his wife --Do you know where Lil Rick is -I dropped him off at Papaws house--His wife said I think he is in Pensacola with friends---meanwhile my brother was at the scene and told the police its not my son he is in Pensacola with friends--The cop said give me his name anyway---another cop walked tword both of them and handed the other cop a drivers license --My brother was standing there and said Thats My Son--from there you can imagine what the family is going through.

ok 16 years old---they want to put him somewhere for juvaniles --slap on the wrist my brother says -And the family wants the kid to do real time a long time so he learns---I have mixed feelings -Its my nephew---on the oterhand the kid is 16 --But the kid has no remorse - So if you were a judge what would you do--My brother said the judge is feeling sorry for the boy who did this Mad yes I do to but damn the kid took a life and drove off we as a family feel yes it was an accident ------until the boy decided to drive off and not call police and left lil Rick to die, meanwhile the boy went home and tried to take the dents out of his vehicle---so how would all of you feel about this what would you do if you were the judge--what can a judge do to a 16 year old is the question Rolling Eyes

By the way 400 people showed at the funeral we shut Milton down that day there was a line of cars going through Milton -bystanders were like is this funeral of cars going to end Laughing

I pray for some kind of justice I just dont know what kind of justice--April will be last court date -we will fill the court room and pray -Thats all the family can do is pray for justice that is it . My nephews name is Ricky Weldon--maybe if you read for yourself ya know what went on -I have to get to work I will check later to see what all of you think and maybe someone can find find the incident and post it--I will try later.

That's a sad story. Hope justice can be done.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Cool...so sorry for your loss. You can not make a socio-pathic personality have a conscious...Normal people live life with the morals and values that their parents and society have instilled. the sociopath does not.

Here is some interesting reading. It will give you some insight of what a sociopath is like....

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

From the article...a possible reason for his actions (Lack of Remorse)and what you will witness in court (shallow emotions)

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

http://www.northescambia.com/2012/09/charges-pending-after-hit-and-run-pedestrian-death

Teen Charged After Hit And Run Pedestrian Death

September 10, 2012

A 16-year old is facing charges after a hit and run in a Santa Rosa County accident that claimed the life of a 20-year old pedestrian.

Ricky Shane Weldon was walking north in the center of the northbound lane of Farm Life Road about 8:15 Friday night when he was struck by a 1985 Ford F150 driven by Robert William Chapman, 16. Chapman then fled the scene, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Weldon was knocked into the southbound lane where he was struck by a southbound 2001 GMC Sierra driven by 21-year old Courtney Renee Fleming.

Champman turned himself in to the Santa Rosa Count Sheriff’s Office and the FHP about two hours later. He was charged with leaving the scene with death and transported to the Juvenile Justice Center in Pensacola.

The accident investigation by the Florida Highway Patrol is continuing.
Comments

Sal

Sal

Here's the story;

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_family-hit-run-victim-shares-memories-25054.shtml

My condolences to all involved.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Cool, I am so sorry. It is just sad all the way around.

Well its a sad story all the way around. As for what they can do if they choose to try him as a juvenile, which i honestly hope they do not, then he will be in a DJJ facility which is kind of like an alternative day care. He will not be able to receive real forms of discipline other then a 24 stay in confinement. He will have continued education, receive enhanced meal plans to facilitate his growth, will speak to psych and health services on a regular basis, and will only be in a DJJ facility for a few years before being released back into the general public without any real reform or usually being really changed by his DJJ stay.

Now if he were tired as an adult he can get a full sentence. Being a 16 yr old he will start out in a cm facility such as the Santa Rosa Correctional, or Florida State Prison, or one of the other 2. There he will be confined to a single cell where he will only be allowed out about 2 hours a day 5 days a week(not including shower times). His diet enhancement will end at 18. He will be subject to the same discipline that all other adult inmates are subject to. Around 17 he will begin his transition (provided he hasn't proven a discipline problem) down the ranks to eventual open population. He will actually be treated as though he did something wrong and will face serious consequences for his actions. This by the way is the option i am in favor of for him.

Now as to the issue of remorse, well i can't say he didn't have any, he may have completely freaked out, and like far too many youth tried to hide his mistake out of fear of actually having to face consequences. Far too many people nowadays spend more time trying to avoid any negatives then actually owning up to their actions and seeing that it may be better for them in the long run. The fact that he admitted to his father (coerced or not) may show some signs of remorse. But in my opinion its a day late and a dollar short.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ironsights wrote:Well its a sad story all the way around. As for what they can do if they choose to try him as a juvenile, which i honestly hope they do not, then he will be in a DJJ facility which is kind of like an alternative day care. He will not be able to receive real forms of discipline other then a 24 stay in confinement. He will have continued education, receive enhanced meal plans to facilitate his growth, will speak to psych and health services on a regular basis, and will only be in a DJJ facility for a few years before being released back into the general public without any real reform or usually being really changed by his DJJ stay.

Now if he were tired as an adult he can get a full sentence. Being a 16 yr old he will start out in a cm facility such as the Santa Rosa Correctional, or Florida State Prison, or one of the other 2. There he will be confined to a single cell where he will only be allowed out about 2 hours a day 5 days a week(not including shower times). His diet enhancement will end at 18. He will be subject to the same discipline that all other adult inmates are subject to. Around 17 he will begin his transition (provided he hasn't proven a discipline problem) down the ranks to eventual open population. He will actually be treated as though he did something wrong and will face serious consequences for his actions. This by the way is the option i am in favor of for him.

Now as to the issue of remorse, well i can't say he didn't have any, he may have completely freaked out, and like far too many youth tried to hide his mistake out of fear of actually having to face consequences. Far too many people nowadays spend more time trying to avoid any negatives then actually owning up to their actions and seeing that it may be better for them in the long run. The fact that he admitted to his father (coerced or not) may show some signs of remorse. But in my opinion its a day late and a dollar short.

Very good post.

Now wait a minute! In reading the article, it says the deceased was walking in the center lane of the road. This apparently was an accident and the 16 yr. old didn't see him. I am appalled he didn't stop but he turned himself in after two hours so how can anybody say he was trying to fix the dents? It happened at 8:15 pm, right? This 16 yr. old panicked no doubt and made a poor decision but I don't think he needs to go to prison for that. It wasn't alcohol or drug related. No, who is to say this 16 yr. old didn't go into shock and just fled. It's just a very unfortunate accident that happens when you are driving at night. I have nearly missed plenty of people who were walking at night w/ dark clothing. This kid needs to be punished for leaving the scene of an accident period-not murder.

Dreamsglore wrote:Now wait a minute! In reading the article, it says the deceased was walking in the center lane of the road. This apparently was an accident and the 16 yr. old didn't see him. I am appalled he didn't stop but he turned himself in after two hours so how can anybody say he was trying to fix the dents? It happened at 8:15 pm, right? This 16 yr. old panicked no doubt and made a poor decision but I don't think he needs to go to prison for that. It wasn't alcohol or drug related. No, who is to say this 16 yr. old didn't go into shock and just fled. It's just a very unfortunate accident that happens when you are driving at night. I have nearly missed plenty of people who were walking at night w/ dark clothing. This kid needs to be punished for leaving the scene of an accident period-not murder.
Who said anything about charging him with murder?
The only discussion has been on whether to try him as a juvenile or as an adult. No one is saying the initial incident was not an accident as far as i can tell; its his later actions that we are saying were wrong unless i missed something someone said.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

How do they actually know he was walking in the center lane? He could have been crossing the street or on the side of the road.

The point is....perhaps had he stopped like he is required to do, the boy's life may have been saved.

Joanimaroni wrote:How do they actually know he was walking in the center lane? He could have been crossing the street or on the side of the road.

The point is....perhaps had he stopped like he is required to do, the boy's life may have been saved.

The article says he was walking in the center lane. I assume FHP determined this by the report.His life would not have been saved because he was knocked into the other lane and hit by the other car who apparently did stop. The kid is guilty of not stopping which is not good but the guy's life would not have been saved.

Dreamsglore wrote:
The article says he was walking in the center lane. I assume FHP determined this by the report.His life would not have been saved because he was knocked into the other lane and hit by the other car who apparently did stop. The kid is guilty of not stopping which is not good but the guy's life would not have been saved.
Actually his life may have been saved, had you read both articles, if the 16yr old had stopped the 2nd vehicle may not have hit him
edit:
and he may not have died from the fist hit. so it may have saved the kid had the 16 year old stopped we don't know.

Last edited by Ironsights on 2/15/2013, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:How do they actually know he was walking in the center lane? He could have been crossing the street or on the side of the road.

The only witness drove away.

Joanimaroni wrote:

but things like where the impact occurred, where the damaged pieces of the car were located, how he was hit into the southbound lane, which side he was hit on in the car, etc. The crime scene is still a witness.

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Actually his life may have been saved, had you read both articles, if the 16yr old had stopped the 2nd vehicle may not have hit him
edit:
and he may not have died from the fist hit. so it may have saved the kid had the 16 year old stopped we don't know.

What! The guy was knocked into the other opposing lane so how could him stopping have saved him?

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

So who was the girl that hit him in the other lane? Are you saying she drove away too?

Dreamsglore wrote:
What! The guy was knocked into the other opposing lane so how could him stopping have saved him?
If the 16yr old had stopped, had his lights on and stopped quite possibly illuminating the victim he may not have been hit again. Especially had he left his own vehicle, and was in front of his own with the lights on.

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
If the 16yr old had stopped, had his lights on and stopped quite possibly illuminating the victim he may not have been hit again. Especially had he left his own vehicle, and was in front of his own with the lights on.

That's quite a supposition on your part which I'm sure is far from reality of what happened. It could only have been seconds before the other car came along and hit him. Recently a deputy hit two girls walking down Mobile Hwy who were walking in the center lane.He stopped and it didn't save the one girl. You simply are making judgements when you don't know all the facts of this case. It may have been an unavoidable accident since the deceased was walking at night in the center of the road.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreams if there was a time lapse between the boy being hit....he may have survived. I don't know how quickly the second accident occurred. You may be correct....I don't know.

I don't know either but I am against 16 yr.olds driving anyway. They are not mature enough and this is an example. No way should this kid go to prison for that,though.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Cool, I am so sorry for the loss to your family. Who said your nephew was walking down the middle of the lane? I'd like to know how the reporter arrived at that little factoid. Most people don't walk down the middle of the road unless they're trying to cross it. I'm disgusted by the driver's behavior; at a time like that there is no excuse whatever for leaving the scene without trying to help the person you hit...none.

I hope the judge tries him as an adult.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Cool, sorry for your family's loss. I hope your brother has retained a good lawyer for a wrongful death case after all of this is settled.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Well, I don't think we should judge 16 yr.old kids as adults who would have made a better decision. We allow them to be in charge of a deadly weapon and expect them to be as emotionally mature as a adult. If this kid were 21 or older he probably would have handled it differently. I hit a 4 yr. old child when I was in college who ran out in front of my car. I could not stop fast enough as he darted out seconds before I hit him. He was ok w/ just a few scratches and bruises but I can tell you it was traumatic for me. I was in shock and sat there for a few seconds unable to move to look and see if the child was dead in front of my car. I remember walking on wobbly legs around the front of the car and seeing the child on his hands and legs crying. He got up and ran home. I called the state troopers and they took a report and got the parents but I couldn't drive home. I had to call my husband to come and get me. I had flashbacks about that for a long time. People react differently when traumatized.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Cool, sorry for your family's loss. I hope your brother has retained a good lawyer for a wrongful death case after all of this is settled.

That's not a wrongful death case,Z if the victim was walking in the road.That would involve negligence and their is no indication of that. The 16 yr.old should be judged on leaving the scene of an accident and failure to render aid but the accident was most likely unavoidable.

Sal

Sal

Dreamsglore wrote:Well, I don't think we should judge 16 yr.old kids as adults who would have made a better decision. We allow them to be in charge of a deadly weapon and expect them to be as emotionally mature as a adult. If this kid were 21 or older he probably would have handled it differently. I hit a 4 yr. old child when I was in college who ran out in front of my car. I could not stop fast enough as he darted out seconds before I hit him. He was ok w/ just a few scratches and bruises but I can tell you it was traumatic for me. I was in shock and sat there for a few seconds unable to move to look and see if the child was dead in front of my car. I remember walking on wobbly legs around the front of the car and seeing the child on his hands and legs crying. He got up and ran home. I called the state troopers and they took a report and got the parents but I couldn't drive home. I had to call my husband to come and get me. I had flashbacks about that for a long time. People react differently when traumatized.

I know exactly what you mean.

I had a very similar thing happen to me about twenty years ago.

Miraculously, I somehow caught a glimpse of the kid out of the corner of my eye and managed to slam on the brakes and swerve, missing him by inches.

To this day, I wince when I think about what I narrowly avoided, and I didn't even hit the kid!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum