Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immigration Reform?

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Immigration Reform? - Page 2 Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 3:41 pm

Jake92 wrote:I had to show my birth certificate along with my retired military ID to get it renewed last time. and they said "that's NOT a Florida birth certificate" I said "I was born in New York, not Florida." One of the supervisors spent 15 minutes getting it straight and explaining it to the worker that the NY one was good. Maybe the illegals are the ones with a better education than our own high school grads.

About the administration not supporting the laws, it's every politician that votes to "let them slide" as well as the others that let them get away with it. They ALL need to be voted out in the next election, starting in 2014.
The politicians (at least at the federal level) can do nothing about the fact that the president has chosen not to enforce immigration laws except in those cases when they commit a crime. They don't get a vote just the President says we won't enforce it and that's that.

And the illegals buy counterfeit documents or steal the identity of someone else to get those credentials, but yes our current crops of high school students have been getting lower and lower but that actually started in the late 80's and early 90's and has just been continuing to go down hill.

27Immigration Reform? - Page 2 Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 3:46 pm

Obama and his party want a Balkanized America. It is easier to divide and conquer that way.

28Immigration Reform? - Page 2 Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 3:53 pm

2seaoat wrote:Illegal immigration is back on the rise so I wouldn't say we are doing a better at securing our border.

I would disagree. We have more personnel on our borders than we have ever had. The estimates of those crossing are the lowest in many years. However, I would agree with you that it has less to do with the security at the border, but more to do with the economic reality in America today. I think that we can combine technology and fencing and make improvements on our border. The Chamber of Commerce and Employers have tacitly danced around this issue for 30 years, as they like the flow of cheap labor.

We need a path to citizenship. We need people to have a valid driver license. I know people get tired with my control module in vehicles, but people should not be able to get a driver license in America after the path to citizenship without a green card or citizenship. These documents should be dynamic and interact with control modules on vehicles. We still stamp vin numbers on vehicles and hide them in various places. We need to utilize technology and focus on the vehicle and control modules.

Even if our borders are not 100% secure, if employers are punished for hiring illegal aliens, and illegal aliens cannot drive a vehicle......we would virtually close our borders, and the next time a path to citizenship is required to be offered.....well instead of 30 years, it might be 50 years.
But that is the point there is NO enforcement or disincentive for illegal aliens to come into this country or hiring them, and their still will not be when they are granted amnesty so we will have the same problem 5 years from now not 50.
further that whole documents interacting with the vehicles is actually kind of a scary thing, which they will probably have defeated before it even comes out on the market.

29Immigration Reform? - Page 2 Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/2/2013, 12:35 am

2seaoat wrote:Illegal immigration is back on the rise so I wouldn't say we are doing a better at securing our border.

I would disagree. We have more personnel on our borders than we have ever had. The estimates of those crossing are the lowest in many years. However, I would agree with you that it has less to do with the security at the border, but more to do with the economic reality in America today. I think that we can combine technology and fencing and make improvements on our border. The Chamber of Commerce and Employers have tacitly danced around this issue for 30 years, as they like the flow of cheap labor.

We need a path to citizenship. We need people to have a valid driver license. I know people get tired with my control module in vehicles, but people should not be able to get a driver license in America after the path to citizenship without a green card or citizenship. These documents should be dynamic and interact with control modules on vehicles. We still stamp vin numbers on vehicles and hide them in various places. We need to utilize technology and focus on the vehicle and control modules.

Even if our borders are not 100% secure, if employers are punished for hiring illegal aliens, and illegal aliens cannot drive a vehicle......we would virtually close our borders, and the next time a path to citizenship is required to be offered.....well instead of 30 years, it might be 50 years.

Immigration Reform? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToZmUa02Zxk2V0HV7M7rElWC7O5w_3AWGq8vNw9TeIVrnYz4SFgA

We have a path to citizenship in place. The illegals can go back to where they came from and take a number like everyone else.

Unless people from all over the world are given an equal chance to come here I will never support another amnesty bill for these illegal foreign nationals.

All you and your supposedly enlightened progressive liberal friends have to do is compromise and we'll discuss the terms for granting amnesty.

How's one illegal who will represent that area of the world for every 20 legal applications from other areas of the world sound?

As I said I like Southeast Asian food and half of those legal applications will be from SE Asia because half the world population is located there.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum