Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immigration Reform?

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Immigration Reform? Empty Immigration Reform? 1/30/2013, 2:28 pm

“To earn the opportunity for citizenship, Obama said undocumented immigrants must first pass a background check, learn English, pay a penalty, and then get "in the back of the line" behind people trying to come to America legally.”

In combination with these points by Rubio:

"We need border security, we need workplace enforcement, we need a visa tracking system," Rubio said, adding later that (he) would oppose a bill that lacked language guaranteeing that "nothing else will happen unless these enforcement mechanisms are in place."

Hmmm, that could actually work. I really like the requirement to learn English. Clearly something needs to be done and soon – illegal border crossings are up an estimated 9% indicating a rush to get in the door in case reform does occur. Without better security at the borders though this reform effort is just a sop to Latino voters.

2Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/30/2013, 2:36 pm

2seaoat

Without better security at the borders though this reform effort is just a sop to Latino voters.

I agree that some politicians look at this as a way to get votes. However, most people realize this is what is best for our nation. This is a win/win, and all we need to do is engage our brains despite the cynical attempts to make amends with Latino voters.

3Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/30/2013, 3:40 pm

Jake92

We already have laws that are NOT enforced.. The biggest thing is the penalties have to be severe for ANY employer that hires anybody without proper documendation, ie SSN or some sort of LEGAL state or federal identification.. We've all heard of the politicians and millionaires that have illegals working for them as maids, gardeners, etc, but never heard of the penalties they paid if there were any at all.. The penalties need to be severe enough that nobody will ever hire an illegal worker.. If they are here legally and paying taxes and things, they are very welcome and I'll be happy to have an iced tea, beer, or steak with them, but I'll be just as happy to call the police if they are illegal..

4Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/30/2013, 5:33 pm

Immigration Reform? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTTjAG7Jpgyl1zAP4kB-K1X1bz4slU3o7_B7FxxGpwhstCw9fa

If we're going to award 10-20 million people for doing something illegal then we really don't need agencies like; Immigration, Border Control, ICE, etc...

Let's save some money and eliminate these agencies.

Then hire a few transport ships and bring in 50-100 million hard working Southeast Asians who will work for less than the Latino's.

Besides I like Chinese, Hindu, Japanese, etc... dishes and think that every town in America should have an Asian restaurant.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Smile

5Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/31/2013, 3:10 am

Immigration Reform? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCk-7gakfsVckqGyfQYY6T1zc0RIPUNyIerI3RgFL3Y14TUR0F

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_3P8yffABE

Smile

6Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/31/2013, 3:36 am

nochain wrote:“To earn the opportunity for citizenship, Obama said undocumented immigrants must first pass a background check, learn English, pay a penalty, and then get "in the back of the line" behind people trying to come to America legally.”

"We need border security, we need workplace enforcement, we need a visa tracking system," Rubio said, adding later that (he) would oppose a bill that lacked language guaranteeing that "nothing else will happen unless these enforcement mechanisms are in place."

Hmmm, that could actually work. I really like the requirement to learn English. Clearly something needs to be done and soon – illegal border crossings are up an estimated 9% indicating a rush to get in the door in case reform does occur. Without better security at the borders though this reform effort is just a sop to Latino voters.

English should be made the official language of the country by law.

ESOL classes in each county are exhorbitantly high priced and the training to become ESOL certified isn't worth the stipend that they pay to earn it.

Lock the border down. We have plenty of troops who would love to deploy to the border instead of the hell holes they have been going to since 2001. Fences, dogs, drones, minefields, cameras, EO devices, motion detectors....you name it , do it. Nobody has a RIGHT to be here illegally.

7Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/31/2013, 9:11 am

nochain wrote:“To earn the opportunity for citizenship, Obama said undocumented immigrants must first pass a background check, learn English, pay a penalty, and then get "in the back of the line" behind people trying to come to America legally.”

Isn't the cohw saying the same thing that Romney said in the campaign?... So if Romney was a portrayed as a 'radical' of his views in this area....

8Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/31/2013, 9:22 am

2seaoat

Isn't the cohw saying the same thing that Romney said in the campaign?

I have not seen the President suggest self deportation.

9Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/31/2013, 9:30 am

2seaoat wrote:Isn't the cohw saying the same thing that Romney said in the campaign?

Further....if a conservative or republican even suggested or called for English to be the mandatory and/or the official language of the US...He/She would be blasted and condemned but suddenly when the cowh suggests this to be.....*****silence*****......

10Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/31/2013, 10:50 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:Immigration Reform? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTTjAG7Jpgyl1zAP4kB-K1X1bz4slU3o7_B7FxxGpwhstCw9fa

If we're going to award 10-20 million people for doing something illegal then we really don't need agencies like; Immigration, Border Control, ICE, etc...

Then hire a few transport ships and bring in 50-100 million hard working Southeast Asians who will work for less than the Latino's.

Besides I like Chinese, Hindu, Japanese, etc... dishes and think that every town in America should have an Asian restaurant.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

I second this idea. If the administration is not going to enforce the laws then this new bill will be POINTLESS so why not just bring in more illegals who serve better food.

11Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/31/2013, 10:53 pm

nochain wrote:

Currently in order to become an American Citizen all aliens applying for citizenship must be able to at least speak conversational English (with few exceptions) as well as be able to read it and pass a written test in it.

And since no matter what congress passes if the President decides not to enforce the border laws it is just a grab at Latino voters.

12Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 1/31/2013, 10:56 pm

newswatcher wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Isn't the cohw saying the same thing that Romney said in the campaign?

Further....if a conservative or republican even suggested or called for English to be the mandatory and/or the official language of the US...He/She would be blasted and condemned but suddenly when the cowh suggests this to be.....*****silence*****......

Actually there is a law back in 1795 that all federal statutes are to be published in English. So the only expansion in government power would be in actually making English the official language in a new law. currently there is no official language even though it is required to become a citizen that you learn it.

13Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 3:31 am

Ironsights wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile

I second this idea. If the administration is not going to enforce the laws then this new bill will be POINTLESS so why not just bring in more illegals who serve better food.

Immigration Reform? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqjRE82tdhRv4qufyNdQXP5bJ0G21efOJPgIgcrhLzQUTKvwWHnQ

Thank you.

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkSIwaUaNc

Smile

By the way... Do I know you by a different name from another forum?

14Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 11:52 am

Ironsights wrote:
nochain wrote:

Currently in order to become an American Citizen all aliens applying for citizenship must be able to at least speak conversational English (with few exceptions) as well as be able to read it and pass a written test in it.

And since no matter what congress passes if the President decides not to enforce the border laws it is just a grab at Latino voters.

Yep!

This bill is known as the "Democratic voter registration bill"

15Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:05 pm

2seaoat

A path to citizenship every thirty years and secure borders are good for America. Immigration reform is good for America. Many states now are simply tired of waiting on the Federal Government and are issuing Drivers licenses to Illegal Aliens.........finally we can begin to work on reducing unlicensed and uninsured drivers......America worked better after Reagan gave a path to citizenship, but we were ineffective at our borders. We have become much better as record number of personnel protect our borders and fewer people illegally cross the same. It is time for a path to citizenship.

16Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:18 pm

Jake92

True Sea, but we need a court system that will punish the ones that won't follow the laws no matter how much the taxpayers bend over to make it easy for them.. An illegal alien was drunk, hit my mailbox and drug it around 2 corners in my development, and ran off the road into a neighbors yard.. The state police came to let me know where my mailbox was and gave me the drivers info. He had 3 different drivers licenses under 3 different names, all with his picture, all from the tag office on Navy Blvd.. I called his insurance co and they told me he was dropped 2 years ago for non payment. I called the police and he never had the courtesy to call me back or anything. ALL he got was a ticket for improper identification.

17Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:23 pm

Jake92 wrote:True Sea, but we need a court system that will punish the ones that won't follow the laws no matter how much the taxpayers bend over to make it easy for them.. An illegal alien was drunk, hit my mailbox and drug it around 2 corners in my development, and ran off the road into a neighbors yard.. The state police came to let me know where my mailbox was and gave me the drivers info. He had 3 different drivers licenses under 3 different names, all with his picture, all from the tag office on Navy Blvd.. I called his insurance co and they told me he was dropped 2 years ago for non payment. I called the police and he never had the courtesy to call me back or anything. ALL he got was a ticket for improper identification.

It's a little difficult when some states...cities...law enforcement agencies..are straightforward and sate they will not enforce immigration laws period...and this has been met with approval from the current administration...it's a disgrace that sanctuary cities are allowed to exist and laws ignored...Great story...illegals obtain three different DL's and citizens go through hell to get their license renewed especially after driving for several years...who's treated like they are illegal?...

18Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:31 pm

Jake92

I had to show my birth certificate along with my retired military ID to get it renewed last time. and they said "that's NOT a Florida birth certificate" I said "I was born in New York, not Florida." One of the supervisors spent 15 minutes getting it straight and explaining it to the worker that the NY one was good. Maybe the illegals are the ones with a better education than our own high school grads.

About the administration not supporting the laws, it's every politician that votes to "let them slide" as well as the others that let them get away with it. They ALL need to be voted out in the next election, starting in 2014.

Last edited by Jake92 on 2/1/2013, 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

19Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:33 pm

Jake92 wrote:I had to show my birth certificate along with my retired military ID to get it renewed last time. and they said "that's NOT a Florida birth certificate" I said "I was born in New York, not Florida." One of the supervisors spent 15 minutes getting it straight and explaining it to the worker that the NY one was good. Maybe the illegals are the ones with a better education than our own high school grads.

Again there's really something wrong when a citizen is treated like a criminal...

20Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:35 pm

Jake92

I edited it to add the comment about the politicians..

21Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:41 pm

Jake92 wrote:I had to show my birth certificate along with my retired military ID to get it renewed last time. and they said "that's NOT a Florida birth certificate" I said "I was born in New York, not Florida." One of the supervisors spent 15 minutes getting it straight and explaining it to the worker that the NY one was good. Maybe the illegals are the ones with a better education than our own high school grads.

About the administration not supporting the laws, it's every politician that votes to "let them slide" as well as the others that let them get away with it. They ALL need to be voted out in the next election, starting in 2014.

'Administration' was mentioned as the supposed top law enforcement officer does not have a problem with the non-enforcement stances taken on the Federal and State Levels...and yet he (AG Holder) swore to uphold the laws of this nation...

22Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:47 pm

2seaoat wrote:A path to citizenship every thirty years and secure borders are good for America. Immigration reform is good for America. Many states now are simply tired of waiting on the Federal Government and are issuing Drivers licenses to Illegal Aliens.........finally we can begin to work on reducing unlicensed and uninsured drivers......America worked better after Reagan gave a path to citizenship, but we were ineffective at our borders. We have become much better as record number of personnel protect our borders and fewer people illegally cross the same. It is time for a path to citizenship.

When Reagan gave amnesty it was 3 million, since that time there is an estimated 11-20 million illegals in the USA. Illegal immigration is back on the rise so I wouldn't say we are doing a better at securing our border.

Time for the great wall of mexico!!

23Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:51 pm

alecto wrote:
2seaoat wrote:A path to citizenship every thirty years and secure borders are good for America. Immigration reform is good for America. Many states now are simply tired of waiting on the Federal Government and are issuing Drivers licenses to Illegal Aliens.........finally we can begin to work on reducing unlicensed and uninsured drivers......America worked better after Reagan gave a path to citizenship, but we were ineffective at our borders. We have become much better as record number of personnel protect our borders and fewer people illegally cross the same. It is time for a path to citizenship.

When Reagan gave amnesty it was 3 million, since that time there is an estimated 11-20 million illegals in the USA. Illegal immigration is back on the rise so I wouldn't say we are doing a better at securing our border.

Time for the great wall of mexico!!

The economy of the last four years has dampened the rush to America for jobs....but as Sen Reid said yesterday..."We are in a recovery" so expect the borders to be flooded...

24Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 12:59 pm

2seaoat

Illegal immigration is back on the rise so I wouldn't say we are doing a better at securing our border.

I would disagree. We have more personnel on our borders than we have ever had. The estimates of those crossing are the lowest in many years. However, I would agree with you that it has less to do with the security at the border, but more to do with the economic reality in America today. I think that we can combine technology and fencing and make improvements on our border. The Chamber of Commerce and Employers have tacitly danced around this issue for 30 years, as they like the flow of cheap labor.

We need a path to citizenship. We need people to have a valid driver license. I know people get tired with my control module in vehicles, but people should not be able to get a driver license in America after the path to citizenship without a green card or citizenship. These documents should be dynamic and interact with control modules on vehicles. We still stamp vin numbers on vehicles and hide them in various places. We need to utilize technology and focus on the vehicle and control modules.

Even if our borders are not 100% secure, if employers are punished for hiring illegal aliens, and illegal aliens cannot drive a vehicle......we would virtually close our borders, and the next time a path to citizenship is required to be offered.....well instead of 30 years, it might be 50 years.

25Immigration Reform? Empty Re: Immigration Reform? 2/1/2013, 1:23 pm

Jake92

The problem is the ones responbsible for enforcing the laws are not doing the job and the lowest paid ones are the ones being told by the top or middle management not to enforce them.. If the CO of an aircraft carrier is sleeping and it gets run aground or collides with another ship, he gets relieved along with the one who's duty it was to be following the CO's standing orders. The politicians are just the opposite and fire the lowest one while protecting the ones ultimately responsible..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum