Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You would require a 9% annual raise to keep up with inflation.

+3
Nekochan
stormwatch89
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Prove you are not dim.

I'm afraid the burden of proof lies with you on that. Further, I would suggest that you are quite dim for even asking me to disprove one of your ideas.

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Prove you are not dim.

I'm afraid the burden of proof lies with you on that. Further, I would suggest that you are quite dim for even asking me to disprove one of your ideas.

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Okay then make all the same mistakes I made in my dim years and then have your kids blame you for being selfish...time will settle all these problems...

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I read an article years ago that stated the younger would resent the olders for the reasons above. So sad.

Still, it seems that the core of all that hatred is based on govt handouts and govt takes.

I've been a long time believer that whatever we have left upon death should belong to our kids...........

Good God, I sincerely wish Govt was less in our lives...............

stormwatch89 wrote:I read an article years ago that stated the younger would resent the olders for the reasons above. So sad.

Still, it seems that the core of all that hatred is based on govt handouts and govt takes.

I've been a long time believer that whatever we have left upon death should belong to our kids...........

Sad but true... think of all the base human natures and instincts... the govt wants a piece of all of it.

Marriage, sex, childbirth, education, drugs, alch, healthcare, transportation, retirement, property, estate, legacy... etc.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I am doing all I can to keep from being a burden on my children. I have given them thousands of dollars i could have used for my retirement but they needed it back then and I am still working and can try to put it back into my account. Were I being a selfish baby boomer I would have washed my hands of my kids and retired 5 years ago. This thing of finding someone to blame is a common tool of politicians. They make us feel guilty for not saving enough, getting enough education. being active enough in politics. even being better parents...all that guilt may make us want to take the blame but boomers should resist that. Our kids need us now more than ever and they need us in good financial shape to help them get through the next 5 or 10 years in some reasonable shape.....We need to turn up the voltage of their dim wits and make them shine brightly for their families.... cheers

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PkrBum wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:I read an article years ago that stated the younger would resent the olders for the reasons above. So sad.

Sad but true... think of all the base human natures and instincts... the govt wants a piece of all of it.

Marriage, sex, childbirth, education, drugs, alch, healthcare, transportation, retirement, property, estate, legacy... etc.

Thanks for the reality jerk....jerk!

Luv ya, as we well know.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I am doing all I can to keep from being a burden on my children. I have given them thousands of dollars i could have used for my retirement but they needed it back then and I am still working and can try to put it back into my account. Were I being a selfish baby boomer I would have washed my hands of my kids and retired 5 years ago. This thing of finding someone to blame is a common tool of politicians. They make us feel guilty for not saving enough, getting enough education. being active enough in politics. even being better parents...all that guilt may make us want to take the blame but boomers should resist that. Our kids need us now more than ever and they need us in good financial shape to help them get through the next 5 or 10 years in some reasonable shape.....We need to turn up the voltage of their dim wits and make them shine brightly for their families.... cheers

Could not agree more, Teo.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

That was a very good video. The comments from all, young and old on this thread have been good.

Go to Amazon.com and read the "Look inside this book" for The Fourth Turning, by William Strauss and Neil Howe. The book was written in 1997. It was a book about how since the beginning of humanity, mankind has followed a generational pattern, identified by four "turnings" which occur in an 80-100 year period. In this period, the fourth "turning" is always a time of crisis marked by turmoil and usually total war. The authors say that America has experienced three fourth turning events in its history, marked by the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and the Great Depression/World War II.

They predicted in their 1997 book that the next fourth turning in American history would begin around the middle of the "00" decade. They had no way of predicting 9/11 in 2001 or the 2008 stock market crash. The surviving author now says that the current fourth turning began in 2008, and will culminate by around 2025.

Whoever gets elected president in 2016 is going to lead our country through some very tough times. Maybe it will finally involve the nuclear war we all thought we barely missed in the 1960s.

In reference to the young vs. the old argument, the authors make some bold predictions, including stating the economy will be so bad that Boomers will not get their Social Security. They claim that the last generation to get full Social Security were those born between 1924 and 1942. Those born afterward are going to get screwed. And if you paid attention to the economist in that video, this seems entirely plausible. But if our country is going to be vaporized in a nuclear war in the next 12 years, Social Security payments may be the least of our worries.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

You would require a 9% annual raise to keep up with inflation. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQFVlUF3DRCeLp73l93-wbiTNzrPpTmZf45GcBhAxb6Pw07lO_Q

Hopefully nukes will be all that's dropped if such a thing occurs.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuSZaW02Q-M

Smile

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Damaged Eagle wrote:You would require a 9% annual raise to keep up with inflation. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQFVlUF3DRCeLp73l93-wbiTNzrPpTmZf45GcBhAxb6Pw07lO_Q

Hopefully nukes will be all that's dropped if such a thing occurs.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuSZaW02Q-M

Smile

That was a good movie...I liked waterworld also...don't know why so many didn't...

Nekochan

Nekochan

Teo and Storm, that is absolutely my feeling! I worry about my kids too. A lot. Hubby and I have saved a little....and I mean a very teeny, tiny little in the whole scheme of things. We are not well off, but with our past planning we could live comfortably in our old age if the economy/country doesn't go to hell. We've done what we were supposed to do over the past 30 years, fair and square. Paid taxes, took care of our family, put money in retirement savings. We haven't back stabbed or cheated or stolen or stomped over others to get to where we are.

And dammit, I'm mad that the President AND Congress is more worried about ILLEGAL immigrants AND GUN CONTROL than the silent majority of LEGAL, LAW ABIDING, TAX PAYING citizens who are trying to figure out how we're going to make it in this economy and worried about what the future holds for our kids and grandkids.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Nekochan wrote:Teo and Storm, that is absolutely my feeling! I worry about my kids too. A lot. Hubby and I have saved a little....and I mean a very teeny, tiny little in the whole scheme of things. We are not well off, but with our past planning we could live comfortably in our old age if the economy/country doesn't go to hell. We've done what we were supposed to do over the past 30 years, fair and square. Paid taxes, took care of our family, put money in retirement savings. We haven't back stabbed or cheated or stolen or stomped over others to get to where we are.

And dammit, I'm mad that the President AND Congress is more worried about ILLEGAL immigrants AND GUN CONTROL than the silent majority of LEGAL, LAW ABIDING, TAX PAYING citizens who are trying to figure out how we're going to make it in this economy and worried about what the future holds for our kids and grandkids.

Kudos, Neko. From what I know of you, you are soooooooooo wonderfully typical.

I think most of us believed in a government that would "defend" us. As was their original obligation and have witnessed a government who has done less than so. A government who, in my opinion, has taken on numerous obligations that they had no need to take on and shouldn't have.

I would so happily pay taxes for a government who pledged to support and defend us.........period.

It's this insidious form of government that we have now who attempts to direct our every moral decision that I OPPOSE.

And, a government that insists that we pay for that which we morally oppose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum