Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arming the Enemy

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 11:43 am

2seaoat

Let's hope we're not staring down the sights of these weapons in terms not under our control. Or we could just give their money back?

People have corrected you on the treaties, but the second part of military foreign aid is our training and establishing ties with that nation's military. We have deep support from Egypt's military. Do you think their ambivalence during the street demonstrations was entirely by accident? Do you think the history books for 70 years has not shown how our influence over military folks is a precursor to our influence when they take control of a particular nation. The formula is pretty standard.

27Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 12:39 pm

Ironsights wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:We had zero right to invade and kill anyone in Iraq...the whole war was a war crime.....might doesn't make right it makes cowardly bullies....

Did you tell that to the families of the 1500 Kuwaitis still missing from the Iraqi invasion into Kuwait? I think not.
Since when did we invade Iraq to find missing Kuwaitis?

We "retook" Kuwait from Iraq in Jan-Feb 1991. The Kuwaitis were reported missing after accountability was taken upon Saddam's forces having to depart hastily in 100 hours after the ground war began.

28Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 12:42 pm

2seaoat wrote:Let's hope we're not staring down the sights of these weapons in terms not under our control. Or we could just give their money back?

People have corrected you on the treaties, but the second part of military foreign aid is our training and establishing ties with that nation's military. We have deep support from Egypt's military. Do you think their ambivalence during the street demonstrations was entirely by accident? Do you think the history books for 70 years has not shown how our influence over military folks is a precursor to our influence when they take control of a particular nation. The formula is pretty standard.

...the leadership in Egypt is controlled now by Morsi, what part of that do you not get? It does not serve our national interest in that region to arm up a nation that is hostile to the US or our allies in that area of the world.

29Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 2:42 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

A little history on our involvement in Iraq, which may shed some light on the subject:

http://www.juancole.com/2006/12/for-whom-bell-tolls-top-ten-ways-us.html

30Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 2:45 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
A little history on our involvement in Iraq, which may shed some light on the subject:

I've lived a lot of it. Studied it. I don't need your jaded account.

31Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 3:25 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
We "retook" Kuwait from Iraq in Jan-Feb 1991. The Kuwaitis were reported missing after accountability was taken upon Saddam's forces having to depart hastily in 100 hours after the ground war began.
Not arguing that they went missing, just saying we never went into Iraq to find them

32Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 3:26 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Oh, we may fight them personally. Think of who is getting these weapons. We're not on their party "A" list.
That's only for the current regime, which may soon be overthrown (again) by the military this time. oh what fun

33Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 3:47 pm

Ironsights wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Oh, we may fight them personally. Think of who is getting these weapons. We're not on their party "A" list.
That's only for the current regime, which may soon be overthrown (again) by the military this time. oh what fun

I don't have faith that Morsi won't bargain a deal with the military to remain in power.

34Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 3:56 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You do seem to need some perspective. You seem to think the only solution to war is...more war. Read the article...I know you didn't.

35Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 4:22 pm

2seaoat

the leadership in Egypt is controlled now by Morsi, what part of that do you not get? It does not serve our national interest in that region to arm up a nation that is hostile to the US or our allies in that area of the world.

For somebody who has served in the region.....you show little understanding. If you think anybody in Egypt rules without the tacit consent of the military....well you simply do not understand the last 70 years of Egyptian history.

36Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/2/2013, 5:07 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You do seem to need some perspective. You seem to think the only solution to war is...more war. Read the article...I know you didn't.

No, my perspective is that we do not need to be selling these types of weapons to people who would do us and our allies in the region harm.

37Arming the Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/2/2013, 5:08 pm

2seaoat wrote:the leadership in Egypt is controlled now by Morsi, what part of that do you not get? It does not serve our national interest in that region to arm up a nation that is hostile to the US or our allies in that area of the world.

For somebody who has served in the region.....you show little understanding. If you think anybody in Egypt rules without the tacit consent of the military....well you simply do not understand the last 70 years of Egyptian history.

Deals are made and people disappear over there on tiny disputes. I believe you are wrong on your assessment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum