Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arming the Enemy

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Arming the Enemy Empty Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 2:51 am

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2125411420001/state-department-refuses-to-delay-delivery-of-f16s-to-egypt/?playlist_id=903226511001

Hmmm wonder how many of these F-16s and M1A1 tanks we will have to destroy one day?

2Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 8:11 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ah but we love that..ain't a war crime when we do it.....
Arming the Enemy Hw10

3Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 8:24 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The Massacre of Withdrawing Soldiers on "The Highway of Death"

by Joyce Chediac
I want to give testimony on what are called the "highways of death." These are the two Kuwaiti roadways, littered with remains of 2,000 mangled Iraqi military vehicles, and the charred and dismembered bodies of tens of thousands of Iraqi soldiers, who were withdrawing from Kuwait on February 26th and 27th 1991 in compliance with UN resolutions.

U.S. planes trapped the long convoys by disabling vehicles in the front, and at the rear, and then pounded the resulting traffic jams for hours. "It was like shooting fish in a barrel," said one U.S. pilot. The horror is still there to see.

On the inland highway to Basra is mile after mile of burned, smashed, shattered vehicles of every description - tanks, armored cars, trucks, autos, fire trucks, according to the March 18, 1991, Time magazine. On the sixty miles of coastal highway, Iraqi military units sit in gruesome repose, scorched skeletons of vehicles and men alike, black and awful under the sun, says the Los Angeles Times of March 11, 1991. While 450 people survived the inland road bombing to surrender, this was not the case with the 60 miles of the coastal road. There for 60 miles every vehicle was strafed or bombed, every windshield is shattered, every tank is burned, every truck is riddled with shell fragments. No survivors are known or likely. The cabs of trucks were bombed so much that they were pushed into the ground, and it's impossible to see if they contain drivers or not. Windshields were melted away, and huge tanks were reduced to shrapnel.

"Even in Vietnam I didn't see anything like this. It's pathetic," said Major Bob Nugent, an Army intelligence officer. This one-sided carnage, this racist mass murder of Arab people, occurred while White House spokesman Marlin Fitzwater promised that the U.S. and its coalition partners would not attack Iraqi forces leaving Kuwait. This is surely one of the most heinous war crimes in contemporary history.

4Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 10:38 am

Teo,

Seriously, what does the final battle of the 1st Gulf War have to do with giving Egypt F-16s and M1A1 tanks? Really?

IMHO we didn't "finish the deed" here. President Bush (GHWB) failed to heed the words of his generals, especially the late Norman Schwartzkopf. The second Gulf War was a result of not having taken care of business in the aforementioned article you posted. Saddam doesn't stay in power if we do what needs to be done here.

A better entrapment could have taken place of the "vaunted" Republican Guard that was allowed to escape this battle. Every detail was made to have this event annihilate the main group of people that helped Saddam stay in power after the war ended in 1991. This was to be an example of how battles are fought and a follow through to what we did to the likes of Germany and Japan. It would have set a sterling example of winning with overwhelming force and superior firepower on all aspects of the battlefield.

There's no war crime here, just war at its rawest and most devestating. It's what we used to do to countries until we started accepting ties, negotiating with the enemy without having pounded him into submission, and worrying about what the rest of the world thinks. If the rest of the world was so concerned, they should have stepped up and did the deed themselves. They didn't...they hemmed, hawed, showed how weak and a joke of a governing body that the United Nations truly is and will always be.

None of this should have been seen in the media. That was a major flaw in allowing reporters to imbed with units. General Powell and the rest of the JCS forgot that about the Vietnam Era even though in James Kittfield's book "Prodigal Soldiers" it is mentioned quite a bit and something that Powell''s and Schwartzkopf's generation of leaders said would never happen again. Mainstream America is not ready to look at those sorts of pictures. Not in the modern day and age. I can remember the Time Life books in the library at W.T. Sampson Elementary in Gitmo back in the very early 70s when we lived down there. They had some gruesome pics of the carnage of war. Everyone was of the mindset that the Germans and the Japanese got what they deserved. You wouldn't find a book like that in any school library now, but you will find that Harry Potter crap.

No, we should have decimated the remaining Republican Guard. We should have made it to where there would have been no Gulf War II. Saddam should have hung at the end of a rope in 1991 and not 13 or 14 years later as it finally did.

5Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 10:54 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

We had zero right to invade and kill anyone in Iraq...the whole war was a war crime.....might doesn't make right it makes cowardly bullies....

6Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 11:07 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ruby Ridge...Randy sawed off a shotgun an inch too short..that justified killing his son and blowing his wifes head off.

WACO David Koresh was a pedophile( never proven) that justified a military style invasion and the deaths of almost a 100 men women and children..

Iraq 1 Saddam gassed Kurds...never proven and it appears the Kurds were actually killed by Iranians...but that justified us killing 100s of thousands.

Iraq 2 The Arabs knocked down the twin towers that justified a return to carnage in Iraq....

If you can't see a pattern here of wanton murder by your government you are mental...brainwashed....just as sick as they are...

7Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 12:47 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/29/us-egypt-anniversary-idUSBRE90N1E620130129

Sooo... we backed the regime change that inserted the muslin brotherhood... now we are sending the new regime jets and tanks to be used to squash an insurrection/revolution. Help me understand this please.

8Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 2:16 pm

If we don't arm anybody we won't have anybody to fight.. It doesn't look too good attacking a country without a well armed army.. It's a win win for the MIC arm sales too.. We shouldn't be giving Anybody weapons..

9Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 2:28 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:We had zero right to invade and kill anyone in Iraq...the whole war was a war crime.....might doesn't make right it makes cowardly bullies....

Did you tell that to the families of the 1500 Kuwaitis still missing from the Iraqi invasion into Kuwait? I think not.

10Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 2:30 pm

Lurch wrote:If we don't arm anybody we won't have anybody to fight.. It doesn't look too good attacking a country without a well armed army.. It's a win win for the MIC arm sales too.. We shouldn't be giving Anybody weapons..

At the time of the First Gulf War, Iraq had the 4th largest army in the world. It had trained troops, armor, air, you name it and supplied with FSU (former Soviet Union) weaponry.

11Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 2:31 pm

PkrBum wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/29/us-egypt-anniversary-idUSBRE90N1E620130129

Sooo... we backed the regime change that inserted the muslin brotherhood... now we are sending the new regime jets and tanks to be used to squash an insurrection/revolution. Help me understand this please.

Obama's setting up Israel. This has nothing to do with the civil unrest in Egypt.

12Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 2:38 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:We had zero right to invade and kill anyone in Iraq...the whole war was a war crime.....might doesn't make right it makes cowardly bullies....

And, if you look at the situation from a tactical standpoint, there was very little room to manuever for the forces required to remove Saddam's 300k man army from Kuwait.If anyone was a cowardly bully, it was Hussein. If Saddam stays and plays in his own sandbox, there's no need to put a foot in his rear end. If he withdraws as the UN requested from Aug 2,1990 to the start of the actual air war on January 16, 1991 he still doesn't get put in his place. He refused. All the woes of the Iraqi forces were on his head.

BTW, thanks for thread hijacking.

13Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 4:12 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

And, if you look at the situation from a tactical standpoint, there was very little room to manuever for the forces required to remove Saddam's 300k man army from Kuwait.If anyone was a cowardly bully, it was Hussein. If Saddam stays and plays in his own sandbox, there's no need to put a foot in his rear end. If he withdraws as the UN requested from Aug 2,1990 to the start of the actual air war on January 16, 1991 he still doesn't get put in his place. He refused. All the woes of the Iraqi forces were on his head.

Well then keep your queer for war, death and destruction posts I won't bother you again Why bother with a fricked up mind that thinks he can kill kids for Christ Hell awaits ...when you get there blame it on Saddam...

BTW, thanks for thread hijacking.

14Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 4:22 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:And, if you look at the situation from a tactical standpoint, there was very little room to manuever for the forces required to remove Saddam's 300k man army from Kuwait.

School teacher who doesn't know the difference between 'you're' and 'your' is now flexing his military tactical prowess!

15Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 4:24 pm

boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:And, if you look at the situation from a tactical standpoint, there was very little room to manuever for the forces required to remove Saddam's 300k man army from Kuwait.

School teacher who doesn't know the difference between 'you're' and 'your' is now flexing his military tactical prowess!

And what would be the contribution to the thread that you are making? I'm not teaching school right now. Check my IP address.

Let me know when you want to add to the discussion or just continue to hijack the thread. Considering my last LES had "over 25" in the years of service column for pay, yeah, I know how the military operates in a tactical manner. I was on "the tip of the spear" when you were in diapers.

16Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 6:18 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think this thread is being "hijacked" because the posters who have posted on here categorically disagree with much of what you have stated. "Hijacking" a thread is a more friendly way of telling a poster they are full of it.

BTW, weapons are being sold to Egypt because of decades old treaties, not because Obama is "setting up Israel." You need to make your arguments without being silly.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

17Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/29/2013, 8:29 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I think this thread is being "hijacked" because the posters who have posted on here categorically disagree with much of what you have stated. "Hijacking" a thread is a more friendly way of telling a poster they are full of it.

BTW, weapons are being sold to Egypt because of decades old treaties, not because Obama is "setting up Israel." You need to make your arguments without being silly.

Yeah OK.

It's just like the old PNJ forums. You guys have your clique and pretty much everyone else gets blown off.

Sometimes treaties aren't worth the paper they are written on. Giving these types of weapons to people who make women second class citizens and persecute other religions aside from Islam is a giant mistake.

18Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/31/2013, 11:15 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote: This is surely one of the most heinous war crimes in contemporary history. [/color]
Um sorry to break it to you but attacking a military force whether retreating or not is not a war crime.

19Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/31/2013, 11:17 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Did you tell that to the families of the 1500 Kuwaitis still missing from the Iraqi invasion into Kuwait? I think not.
Since when did we invade Iraq to find missing Kuwaitis?

20Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/31/2013, 11:20 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Iraq 1 Saddam gassed Kurds...never proven and it appears the Kurds were actually killed by Iranians...but that justified us killing 100s of thousands.

Not actually the reason for the Gulf war which i assume you mean to be Iraq 1 we went in because they invaded Kuwait nothing to do with the kurds

21Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/31/2013, 11:24 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Teo,

Seriously, what does the final battle of the 1st Gulf War have to do with giving Egypt F-16s and M1A1 tanks? Really?

IMHO we didn't "finish the deed" here. President Bush (GHWB) failed to heed the words of his generals, especially the late Norman Schwartzkopf. The second Gulf War was a result of not having taken care of business in the aforementioned article you posted. Saddam doesn't stay in power if we do what needs to be done here.

A better entrapment could have taken place of the "vaunted" Republican Guard that was allowed to escape this battle. Every detail was made to have this event annihilate the main group of people that helped Saddam stay in power after the war ended in 1991. This was to be an example of how battles are fought and a follow through to what we did to the likes of Germany and Japan. It would have set a sterling example of winning with overwhelming force and superior firepower on all aspects of the battlefield.

There's no war crime here, just war at its rawest and most devestating. It's what we used to do to countries until we started accepting ties, negotiating with the enemy without having pounded him into submission, and worrying about what the rest of the world thinks. If the rest of the world was so concerned, they should have stepped up and did the deed themselves. They didn't...they hemmed, hawed, showed how weak and a joke of a governing body that the United Nations truly is and will always be.

None of this should have been seen in the media. That was a major flaw in allowing reporters to imbed with units. General Powell and the rest of the JCS forgot that about the Vietnam Era even though in James Kittfield's book "Prodigal Soldiers" it is mentioned quite a bit and something that Powell''s and Schwartzkopf's generation of leaders said would never happen again. Mainstream America is not ready to look at those sorts of pictures. Not in the modern day and age. I can remember the Time Life books in the library at W.T. Sampson Elementary in Gitmo back in the very early 70s when we lived down there. They had some gruesome pics of the carnage of war. Everyone was of the mindset that the Germans and the Japanese got what they deserved. You wouldn't find a book like that in any school library now, but you will find that Harry Potter crap.

No, we should have decimated the remaining Republican Guard. We should have made it to where there would have been no Gulf War II. Saddam should have hung at the end of a rope in 1991 and not 13 or 14 years later as it finally did.
I know this is still highjacking your thread but i have to post on it, i have to disagree there was no real reason to go in and remove Saddam Hussein from power. While we did so in the 2nd war the first was simply about removing him from Kuwait and liberating the Kuwaiti people. When that was accomplished and sanctions put on Iraq the Kuwaitis were not invaded again and the first war's objective was achieved.

22Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 1/31/2013, 11:29 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I think this thread is being "hijacked" because the posters who have posted on here categorically disagree with much of what you have stated. "Hijacking" a thread is a more friendly way of telling a poster they are full of it.

Yeah OK.

It's just like the old PNJ forums. You guys have your clique and pretty much everyone else gets blown off.

Sometimes treaties aren't worth the paper they are written on. Giving these types of weapons to people who make women second class citizens and persecute other religions aside from Islam is a giant mistake.
Mistake or not it is what helped secure peace between Israel and Egypt in the first place. But unless i am mistaken the current planes and takes were actually not part of the treaty but of an additional order placed in 2009. And despite the regime change i still believe that American companies should hold good to contracts. It helps our businesses internationally as it shows the US companies honoring our contracts despite something like regime change, you buy it you get it.

23Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 3:02 am

Ironsights wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Yeah OK.

Mistake or not it is what helped secure peace between Israel and Egypt in the first place. But unless i am mistaken the current planes and takes were actually not part of the treaty but of an additional order placed in 2009. And despite the regime change i still believe that American companies should hold good to contracts. It helps our businesses internationally as it shows the US companies honoring our contracts despite something like regime change, you buy it you get it.

Let's hope we're not staring down the sights of these weapons in terms not under our control. Or we could just give their money back?

24Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 3:58 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Let's hope we're not staring down the sights of these weapons in terms not under our control. Or we could just give their money back?
well we hope we don't have fight them personally myself, but as far as the refund well i don't think Lockede Martin could do that even if they wanted to.

25Arming the Enemy Empty Re: Arming the Enemy 2/1/2013, 11:29 am

Oh, we may fight them personally. Think of who is getting these weapons. We're not on their party "A" list.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum