Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old folk abuse on the rise...America's gittin old...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/27/16725913-aging-america-elder-abuse-on-the-rise?lite

A family member “just yelled at me all the time. Screamed at me, cussed me out," the woman says. "I don't know what happened. She just got tired of me, I guess."

.......As many as 2 million seniors are abused, exploited or neglected every year, judging by available statistics and surveys, but experts say there could be many more. Some research indicates that one in 10 seniors have suffered some form of abuse at least once.

Sounds to me like some "family members" need a good, old-fashoned wall-to-wall discussion on how to treat the elderly.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Sedition wrote:Sounds to me like some "family members" need a good, old-fashoned wall-to-wall discussion on how to treat the elderly.

Talking isn't going to work, they are repeating how they were treated. It's called Repetition Compulsion, and it's real. Diligence by others with the threat criminal charges stops "elder abuse."

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote:

Talking isn't going to work, they are repeating how they were treated. It's called Repetition Compulsion, and it's real. Diligence by others with the threat criminal charges stops "elder abuse."
While I still have my mental faculties and some semblance of financial security, my Taurus Judge will do the talking to anyone who wants to "elderly abuse" me.
But once I no longer have benefit of my mental faculties and financial security, I'll then be at the mercy of all this. All I can do is hope to stave that off for as long as possible. But sometimes (probably often) that's subject to circumstances beyond one's control.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sedition wrote:Sounds to me like some "family members" need a good, old-fashoned wall-to-wall discussion on how to treat the elderly.

That is just what I did with my youngest. While trying to switch airline tickets for an earlier flight into Aspen....she used the excuse her mother was older. Apparently that wasn't good enough, so she extended it to my elderly mother....as the conversation advance she finally said my mother is really really old. Dammit....I was pissed but we got the flight changed.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:

That is just what I did with my youngest. While trying to switch airline tickets for an earlier flight into Aspen....she used the excuse her mother was older. Apparently that wasn't good enough, so she extended it to my elderly mother....as the conversation advance she finally said my mother is really really old. Dammit....I was pissed but we got the flight changed.

Bigger letters Joanni Us old folks can read it......

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Bigger letters Joanni Us old folks can read it......

Dammit....I have a bad kid!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum