Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

These polls demonstrate IMO that many Republicans are just plain not able to THINK clearly

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Here is a pet peeve of mine: if a person has a position on an issue they should welcome others who share that position. "Hey, great, we agree on something, let's get something done and accomplish our goals."

But here's yet another example of how Republicans rotate 180 degrees on something they approved of just because President Obama comes out with a plan to implement the policy the Republicans once supported.

These polls demonstrate IMO that many Republicans are just plain not able to THINK clearly Suppor10

As you can see the R's are overwhelmingly in favor of many gun safety ideas. Then a few days later they are asked what they think of the President's statements about the same things they just said they liked and surprise, surprise suddenly it is just a terrible idea! The idea isn't terrible, it is the person who suggests it. They, as Obama once said, just have a hard time saying yes to something even when they support it.

These polls demonstrate IMO that many Republicans are just plain not able to THINK clearly 2013-010

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/01/24/republicans-open-to-gun-control-but-not-president-obamas-plan/

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason all of these polls from liberal media outlets showing republicans agreeing with democrats on these gun issues is because these polls are fabricated bullshit devoid of any reality?

othershoe1030 wrote:Here is a pet peeve of mine: if a person has a position on an issue they should welcome others who share that position. "Hey, great, we agree on something, let's get something done and accomplish our goals."

But here's yet another example of how Republicans rotate 180 degrees on something they approved of just because President Obama comes out with a plan to implement the policy the Republicans once supported.

These polls demonstrate IMO that many Republicans are just plain not able to THINK clearly Suppor10

As you can see the R's are overwhelmingly in favor of many gun safety ideas. Then a few days later they are asked what they think of the President's statements about the same things they just said they liked and surprise, surprise suddenly it is just a terrible idea! The idea isn't terrible, it is the person who suggests it. They, as Obama once said, just have a hard time saying yes to something even when they support it.

These polls demonstrate IMO that many Republicans are just plain not able to THINK clearly 2013-010

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/01/24/republicans-open-to-gun-control-but-not-president-obamas-plan/

I personally think it is because of the man that proposes it rather than the issue.You will notice the repugs will go against anything the President does or says. It is just the mentality of the current republican base in power now.Whether it's good for the country doesn't matter as much as who proposed it.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

alecto wrote:Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason all of these polls from liberal media outlets showing republicans agreeing with democrats on these gun issues is because these polls are fabricated bullshit devoid of any reality?
So, you're blaming the pollster for showing that one week the Republicans think a universal background check is a great idea and the next time they're asked about it with Obama's name attached to the idea it is suddenly terrible?

No, I don't think it's the pollsters I think the results reflect brainwashing of Republicans by the right wing media they listen to that tells them all sorts of supposedly true exaggerated and outlandish & things about Obama, and a lot of other things too.

These polls demonstrate IMO that many Republicans are just plain not able to THINK clearly Thbeck10

knothead

knothead

It is obvious to the most casual observer of politics that you are correct. Whatever it is NO!!! Unless of course support will portray them in a better light in the next election . . . . it's nothing novel and both sides have been guilty of it but with Obama it has grown exponentially until they are now lower than ever in the polls.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Dreamsglore wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Here is a pet peeve of mine: if a person has a position on an issue they should welcome others who share that position. "Hey, great, we agree on something, let's get something done and accomplish our goals."

I personally think it is because of the man that proposes it rather than the issue.You will notice the repugs will go against anything the President does or says. It is just the mentality of the current republican base in power now.Whether it's good for the country doesn't matter as much as who proposed it.

Exactly. They are unable to remember what they were in favor of from one week to the next. If they hear Obama's name connected to any idea or plan the typical reaction is to say NO! even if they'd been arguing the same position as his moments before.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:It is obvious to the most casual observer of politics that you are correct. Whatever it is NO!!! Unless of course support will portray them in a better light in the next election . . . . it's nothing novel and both sides have been guilty of it but with Obama it has grown exponentially until they are now lower than ever in the polls.

Of course it isn't just the Congress that reacts like this it is the general Republican voter as we can see by the poll results.

Seriously, if GW Bush had announced one day that he was putting solar panels on the White House and switching all government vehicles to electric powered ones I think most liberals would have been delighted and supported the move because it was something that we'd be in favor of even if Bush had put forth the idea.

I don't think liberals would have said, "Ya know, this is a terrible idea!" We have enough sense to know when the president pushes something we favor.

I believe that,OT. My son in law who is an intelligent, caring good man started saying the other night Obama was born in Kenya. I said" you don't really believe that, do you?" He says" yeah, it's true". I just rolled my eyes and said "OMG"! I called my sister last night in California and my brother in law answers and says "Obama Headquarters-what freebie would you like?" I said "give me all of them". He starts going on like a rabid dog about Obama. My sister gets on the other phone and is yelling for him to shut up! He then picks up the phone throughout the call saying stuff about Obama and reading an article to me about something he's done. It's insane how many people are brainwashed and can't discern the truth from fiction.

It's not all bs... Is the federal govt gaining more and more control? over everything? No?

Please list the things that the govt doesn't control in some way.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Dreamsglore wrote:I believe that,OT. My son in law who is an intelligent, caring good man started saying the other night Obama was born in Kenya. I said" you don't really believe that, do you?" He says" yeah, it's true". I just rolled my eyes and said "OMG"! I called my sister last night in California and my brother in law answers and says "Obama Headquarters-what freebie would you like?" I said "give me all of them". He starts going on like a rabid dog about Obama. My sister gets on the other phone and is yelling for him to shut up! He then picks up the phone throughout the call saying stuff about Obama and reading an article to me about something he's done. It's insane how many people are brainwashed and can't discern the truth from fiction.

Unfortunately this is probably a typical event all across the country. The people who are so over the edge about Obama should have to do some independent research to see if what they "believe" is true.

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to be saying that Obama was born in Kenya. There is a small percentage who also don't think we ever landed on the moon. It was all done in Hollywood you know. The birthers must belong to this same group from lala land.

These are also the people who "believed" right up to the end that Mittens was going to win in a landslide, why? because Karl Rove and the braintrust at fox told them so. If my news sources were so very far off I'd be changing channels! Why they continue listening to misinformation I don't know.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I believe that,OT. My son in law who is an intelligent, caring good man started saying the other night Obama was born in Kenya. I said" you don't really believe that, do you?" He says" yeah, it's true". I just rolled my eyes and said "OMG"! I called my sister last night in California and my brother in law answers and says "Obama Headquarters-what freebie would you like?" I said "give me all of them". He starts going on like a rabid dog about Obama. My sister gets on the other phone and is yelling for him to shut up! He then picks up the phone throughout the call saying stuff about Obama and reading an article to me about something he's done. It's insane how many people are brainwashed and can't discern the truth from fiction.

Unfortunately this is probably a typical event all across the country. The people who are so over the edge about Obama should have to do some independent research to see if what they "believe" is true.

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to be saying that Obama was born in Kenya. There is a small percentage who also don't think we ever landed on the moon. It was all done in Hollywood you know. The birthers must belong to this same group from lala land.

These are also the people who "believed" right up to the end that Mittens was going to win in a landslide, why? because Karl Rove and the braintrust at fox told them so. If my news sources were so very far off I'd be changing channels! Why they continue listening to misinformation I don't know.

I think part of the reason is they don't really follow politics that well and believe what is said. I don't think my SIL does and I know my daughter doesn't but she votes Republican anyway. She hasn't a clue what the issues are and doesn't want to know.LOL!

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:It's not all bs... Is the federal govt gaining more and more control? over everything? No?

Your paranoid cranium and the right of any conspiracy theory shill to fill it with stupid libertarian pablum.

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It's not all bs... Is the federal govt gaining more and more control? over everything? No?

Your paranoid cranium and the right of any conspiracy theory shill to fill it with stupid libertarian pablum.

Is that one? or are we still at zero comrade?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

We shouldn't take this lightly, that people are unable to support things they favor just because the "other side" is also for it.

I mean, this seems to me to be a huge problem right now. It all goes back to the MSM (mainly on the right because of right wing radio and their web presence) who are demonizing people who don't think like them. They can't get beyond that. They are unable to turn off the propaganda long enough to reflect on what's being proposed and recognize it as their position too.

This is like the anti-war (Vietnam) people turning down a proposal to get our troops out of there just because the President wanted to do it. This is just so sad. It is also scary.

othershoe1030 wrote:We shouldn't take this lightly, that people are unable to support things they favor just because the "other side" is also for it.

I mean, this seems to me to be a huge problem right now. It all goes back to the MSM (mainly on the right because of right wing radio and their web presence) who are demonizing people who don't think like them. They can't get beyond that. They are unable to turn off the propaganda long enough to reflect on what's being proposed and recognize it as their position too.

This is like the anti-war (Vietnam) people turning down a proposal to get our troops out of there just because the President wanted to do it. This is just so sad. It is also scary.

Please someone....anyone....explain what every Republican/Democrat/Independent really thinks....amazing that some think that every single ____________ feels and thinks the same.....

Nekochan

Nekochan

Othershoe, Republicans haven't changed their minds about background checks and some restrictions. These laws are already on the books and Republicans, for the most part, do not oppose those laws and restrictions. It's FURTHER restrictions and more and more laws and gun control restrictions that worry many Republicans.

Remember, polling has as much to do with how the question is asked than anything.

Nekochan

Nekochan

But you know, the same headline you used for Republicans should be used for Democrats. When Bush was bombing and wiretapping terrorists, he was a war criminal. But Obama does the same thing and Democrats think he's just great. Shocked

Nekochan wrote:Othershoe, Republicans haven't changed their minds about background checks and some restrictions. These laws are already on the books and Republicans, for the most part, do not oppose those laws and restrictions. It's FURTHER restrictions and more and more laws and gun control restrictions that worry many Republicans.

Remember, polling has as much to do with how the question is asked than anything.

This new immigration proposal sounds like something that Newt Gingrich commented about during the campaign...So is he a republican that cannot think clearly?...or is the criteria/questions based on disagreement with [some] democrats?...

newswatcher wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:We shouldn't take this lightly, that people are unable to support things they favor just because the "other side" is also for it.

Please someone....anyone....explain what every Republican/Democrat/Independent really thinks....amazing that some think that every single ____________ feels and thinks the same.....

.........................................................................................

Spare us that BS. Several of the right wing posters on this very thread have already opined about group-speak and "what Democrats think". Not what A particular Dem thinks....all inclusive.

It's a cute literary trick to be employed by partisan tools. Demonize the others and make them all fit into a little box...marginalize and dismiss outright.

And it's not some simple slip of the pen...it's purposeful and manipulative, right down to you directing your angst at a liberal instead of the neo-cons who constantly use that MO.

W_T_M wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

.........................................................................................

Spare us that BS. Several of the right wing posters on this very thread have already opined about group-speak and "what Democrats think". Not what A particular Dem thinks....all inclusive.

It's a cute literary trick to be employed by partisan tools. Demonize the others and make them all fit into a little box...marginalize and dismiss outright.

And it's not some simple slip of the pen...it's purposeful and manipulative.

Excellent example!...So this is how all democrats think?...All posts are representative of all democrats?...

newswatcher wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

And it's not some simple slip of the pen...it's purposeful and manipulative.

Excellent example!...So this is how all democrats think?...All posts are representative of all democrats?...

That's what you got out of that...?

Fuck you.

BTW....thanx for the neg. It helps me figure out just who the POS trolls are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum