Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CBS Sunday Morning

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CBS Sunday Morning Empty CBS Sunday Morning 1/23/2013, 5:25 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My husband watches this show, which airs just before Face the Nation. He says it's mostly about "good news". So I caught this segment and wanted to share it. It IS something, all right...pablum for the masses. Makes me want to LOL every time I see that someone has referred to the media as "liberal".

The part I love most is the suggestion by McCullough that Gerald Ford should be included on the list of our greatest Presidents...wait for it...because he made the hard choice to pardon Richard Nixon. Orwellian? Nah. Seaoatian.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139334n

And what is this latest Republican whine..."he doesn't like us"? The answer to everything is apparently that Obama should PLAY GOLF with the guys...you know, get to know them...and all those silly "fiscal cliff" and debt ceiling debates would just vanish into thin air. What a feat!

What unbelievable hubris.

2CBS Sunday Morning Empty Re: CBS Sunday Morning 1/23/2013, 5:30 pm

Jake92

Some of the biggest problems I had were solved over a beer or two in the clubs or Chief's clubs.. It amazing how much people can reach agreements and solve problems over a few beers rather than phone calls, e-mails, or official correspondence..

3CBS Sunday Morning Empty Re: CBS Sunday Morning 1/23/2013, 5:38 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Jake92 wrote:Some of the biggest problems I had were solved over a beer or two in the clubs or Chief's clubs.. It amazing how much people can reach agreements and solve problems over a few beers rather than phone calls, e-mails, or official correspondence..

You're not the President. And I watched as he continually "reached across the aisle" in the first months of his tenure, only to be stonewalled at every turn. McConnell laid it all out there when he said (paraphrasing) that his number one priority was to make Obama a one-term President. Can't get much clearer than that.

4CBS Sunday Morning Empty Re: CBS Sunday Morning 1/23/2013, 5:52 pm

Jake92

Just like every Democrat's #1 priority was to make every Republican look bad. BOTH parties were all out to make the other look bad instead of doing what they are elected to do which is to serve the country and compromise to reach agreements the majority will agree with.. NEITHER party has done the job they were elected and paid to do.. Things at the clubs over a few beers were man to man, not party to party.. If more thought or information was needed, the TWO people agreed to meet after a set amount of time to reach an agreement..

5CBS Sunday Morning Empty Re: CBS Sunday Morning 1/23/2013, 5:56 pm

no stress

no stress

Jake92 wrote:Just like every Democrat's #1 priority was to make every Republican look bad. BOTH parties were all out to make the other look bad instead of doing what they are elected to do which is to serve the country and compromise to reach agreements the majority will agree with.. NEITHER party has done the job they were elected and paid to do.. Things at the clubs over a few beers were man to man, not party to party.. If more thought or information was needed, the TWO people agreed to meet after a set amount of time to reach an agreement..

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

6CBS Sunday Morning Empty Re: CBS Sunday Morning 1/23/2013, 6:06 pm

2seaoat

You're not the President.

Really.....that is how you dismiss a rather intelligent response that social gatherings can make better business opportunities for all involved. The business of government has become the business of raising money for campaigns. Congress is working about half the time it did in 1968 on government business. There are some amazing tapes out there I just heard where LBJ calls Senator Dirkson and tells him that Richard Nixon in 1968 while running for president was committing treason with his interference in the Paris Peace talks.....Dirkson was a Republican, and LBJ was comfortable with an old friend in the Senate to get the message to Nixon to stop what he was doing....without throwing the nation into a turmoil. As much Tex as you have not been in an environment where social leads to better working business relationships, you should not discount the inherent advantages of getting to know people who you work with in a social context......it does help.

7CBS Sunday Morning Empty Re: CBS Sunday Morning 1/23/2013, 6:27 pm

Jake92 wrote:Just like every Democrat's #1 priority was to make every Republican look bad. BOTH parties were all out to make the other look bad instead of doing what they are elected to do which is to serve the country and compromise to reach agreements the majority will agree with.. NEITHER party has done the job they were elected and paid to do.. Things at the clubs over a few beers were man to man, not party to party.. If more thought or information was needed, the TWO people agreed to meet after a set amount of time to reach an agreement..

Preach it man. It takes two to tango and it appears to me that neither want to dance with each other just yet.

8CBS Sunday Morning Empty Re: CBS Sunday Morning 1/23/2013, 6:52 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:You're not the President.

Really.....that is how you dismiss a rather intelligent response that social gatherings can make better business opportunities for all involved. The business of government has become the business of raising money for campaigns. Congress is working about half the time it did in 1968 on government business. There are some amazing tapes out there I just heard where LBJ calls Senator Dirkson and tells him that Richard Nixon in 1968 while running for president was committing treason with his interference in the Paris Peace talks.....Dirkson was a Republican, and LBJ was comfortable with an old friend in the Senate to get the message to Nixon to stop what he was doing....without throwing the nation into a turmoil. As much Tex as you have not been in an environment where social leads to better working business relationships, you should not discount the inherent advantages of getting to know people who you work with in a social context......it does help.

If you mean I don't hang with the GOB's, you're right. If you think I haven't been in NUMEROUS social situations that called for finesse, you are sadly, once again, mistaken. I've had jobs that called for straddling the fence...trying to get both sides to meet in the middle...and I'm damn good at it. And I personally know many of the local politicos. I'm also not afraid to tell them what I really think...that includes you.

9CBS Sunday Morning Empty Re: CBS Sunday Morning 1/24/2013, 9:12 am

Gunz wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

As said MANY times.....Theres been enough blame to go around for all the inaction of the past several years...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum