Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here's why the average D and R cannot compromise

+7
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
VectorMan
Floridatexan
Watcher
TEOTWAWKI
othershoe1030
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1221481--low-interest-rates-cause-widening-pension-shortfalls

Low interest rates may help fuel housing sales, but the flip side is the historic lows are widening solvency deficits for defined benefit pension plans.

That’s primarily due to a drop in long-term federal bond yields. But throw in middling to poor stock market returns, thanks to global uncertainty, especially in Europe, and that means weak overall rates of return.

The result is increasing concerns for companies, employees, retirees and governments alike.

“Corporations are faced with underfunded pensions right now. From their perspective, it means they’re going to have to put more money in it,” said Paul Forestell, a senior partner at pension advisory firm Mercer.

Your article is discussing a problem that may happen in Canada. Aside from that, a corporation can handle the retirement of its employees any way that it likes. No one is forcing a corporation to 1) employ a pension and 2) have that pension rely on long term government bond yields.

Canada is more stable than the US...we have the benefit of having the world reserve currency. Many ways that is eroding. When it does the government will take over 401k pensions, savings, possibly gold to keep its little personal ponzi scheme going, then austerity then totalitarian new world order and the elimination of the useless eaters...like economists....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1221481--low-interest-rates-cause-widening-pension-shortfalls

Low interest rates may help fuel housing sales, but the flip side is the historic lows are widening solvency deficits for defined benefit pension plans.

That’s primarily due to a drop in long-term federal bond yields. But throw in middling to poor stock market returns, thanks to global uncertainty, especially in Europe, and that means weak overall rates of return.

The result is increasing concerns for companies, employees, retirees and governments alike.

“Corporations are faced with underfunded pensions right now. From their perspective, it means they’re going to have to put more money in it,” said Paul Forestell, a senior partner at pension advisory firm Mercer.

Your article is discussing a problem that may happen in Canada. Aside from that, a corporation can handle the retirement of its employees any way that it likes. No one is forcing a corporation to 1) employ a pension and 2) have that pension rely on long term government bond yields.

Canada is more stable than the US...we have the benefit of having the world reserve currency. Many ways that is eroding. When it does the government will take over 401k pensions, savings, possibly gold to keep its little personal ponzi scheme going, then austerity then totalitarian new world order and the elimination of the useless eaters...like economists....

So...you can't point to any negative effect of our Fed target interest rates then? Is that basically what you're saying here?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

So...you can't point to any negative effect of our Fed target interest rates then? Is that basically what you're saying here?

In economics all things are related at that level...you change one thing and you have ripples throughout the country. We have been pushed into a consumer based system under Bush of spending without saving...very Keynesian. It will fail under it's own weight though because like any family you can't be losing your savings down to nothing and your equity drained away and keep spending ...so we are in credit debt up to our eyeballs..just like the government is...IF they raise the rate by a couple percent then we all go to debt hell together..only the government has guns and taxes to keep themselves in tall cotton at our expense..

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

In economics all things are related at that level...you change one thing and you have ripples throughout the country. We have been pushed into a consumer based system under Bush of spending without saving...very Keynesian. It will fail under it's own weight though because like any family you can't be losing your savings down to nothing and your equity drained away and keep spending ...so we are in credit debt up to our eyeballs..just like the government is...IF they raise the rate by a couple percent then we all go to debt hell together..only the government has guns and taxes to keep themselves in tall cotton at our expense..

So, again, you got nothing? Rather than babble off into tangents that show a vague grasp of economics, wouldn't it just be better to say "I got nothing"?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

So, again, you got nothing? Rather than babble off into tangents that show a vague grasp of economics, wouldn't it just be better to say "I got nothing"?
Maybe eliminating all the puffed up economists might be a good thing. Keeping rates artificially low is keeping the pain away. Like a drug. When the drug runs out the pain will be severe. Pay off your student loans chump they can't be included in your bankruptcy.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Maybe eliminating all the puffed up economists might be a good thing. Keeping rates artificially low is keeping the pain away. Like a drug. When the drug runs out the pain will be severe. Pay off your student loans chump they can't be included in your bankruptcy.

No need to get mad at me. That you cannot back up your own BS is not my problem.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Maybe eliminating all the puffed up economists might be a good thing. Keeping rates artificially low is keeping the pain away. Like a drug. When the drug runs out the pain will be severe. Pay off your student loans chump they can't be included in your bankruptcy.

No need to get mad at me. That you cannot back up your own BS is not my problem.

I backed it up just fine....so if you don't like my answer then ask Bernanke.... cyclops

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I backed it up just fine....so if you don't like my answer then ask Bernanke.... cyclops

Yes you did, TEO. Yes you did.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I see you only want liberal answers.....

That's what liberals do....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum