Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't license guns, license people to own them!

+5
Sal
no stress
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

To legally drive a car you have to pass a driver's license exam. Why shouldn't we do the same for gun owners? Instead of trying to register zillions of guns, just license people who want to own them. If you violate a gun law, your license is revoked. Without a license, you can't legally buy a gun. Federal laws could be constructed so that the government couldn't manipulate the system.

The license test would include knowledge of firearms safety, firearms and the laws that pertain thereto (state and federal), and perhaps an actual session at a shooting range.

The main point is, you regulate people who have weapons, not weapons.

What do you think?

2seaoat

A car is registered, and a driver is licensed......what is good for the goose is good for the gander......I got my foid card without a test and I have guns which have never been registered.....it is time for both.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Does my concealed carry license count ?

Wordslinger wrote:To legally drive a car you have to pass a driver's license exam. Why shouldn't we do the same for gun owners? Instead of trying to register zillions of guns, just license people who want to own them. If you violate a gun law, your license is revoked. Without a license, you can't legally buy a gun. Federal laws could be constructed so that the government couldn't manipulate the system.

The license test would include knowledge of firearms safety, firearms and the laws that pertain thereto (state and federal), and perhaps an actual session at a shooting range.

What do you think?

How well is that licensing thing going with driver's licenses? Nobody ever drives without one, right? Ever?

How will this stop CRIMINALS from accessing guns? It won't.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:To legally drive a car you have to pass a driver's license exam. Why shouldn't we do the same for gun owners? Instead of trying to register zillions of guns, just license people who want to own them. If you violate a gun law, your license is revoked. Without a license, you can't legally buy a gun. Federal laws could be constructed so that the government couldn't manipulate the system.

What do you think?

How well is that licensing thing going with driver's licenses? Nobody ever drives without one, right? Ever?

I suppose it depends on the quality and content of the testing. You're probably right it won't stop all criminals ... but, on the other hand, it most likely would reduce the number of mentally ill, social-misfits who could legally buy a gun. Dealing with illegal gun purchases is another issue.

Still, in comparison to the costs of trying to check the background of individiuals every time a legal gun purchase is made, I think the idea has merit.

no stress

no stress

What do you think?

Absolutely! And while we are at it lets license people to vote. Have an IQ test to weed out the idiots and then have a small test on US history. You must score highly in both. Then have a rule that if you do not vote once every five years your license expires and you must retake everything to renew. Heck yeah!

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:
Absolutely! And while we are at it lets license people to vote. Have an IQ test to weed out the idiots and then have a small test on US history. You must score highly in both. Then have a rule that if you do not vote once every five years your license expires and you must retake everything to renew. Heck yeah!

Again, Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Learn it, Live it, Love it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Gunz wrote:Absolutely! And while we are at it lets license people to vote. Have an IQ test to weed out the idiots and then have a small test on US history. You must score highly in both. Then have a rule that if you do not vote once every five years your license expires and you must retake everything to renew. Heck yeah!

Are you sure you want that?

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t5266-ruh-rohwhat-now

boards of FL wrote:
Gunz wrote:Absolutely! And while we are at it lets license people to vote. Have an IQ test to weed out the idiots and then have a small test on US history. You must score highly in both. Then have a rule that if you do not vote once every five years your license expires and you must retake everything to renew. Heck yeah!

Are you sure you want that?

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t5266-ruh-rohwhat-now

If we got rid of all of the Idiots who can vote we wouldn't need machines to add up the votes.. Very Happy

Margin Call

Margin Call

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

What do you think?

That is ultimately the job of the police, FBI, etc. even though we know criminals have been denied gun purchases through background checks.

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Again, Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Learn it, Live it, Love it.

No no Sal, nothing is absolute. Just like the second amendment, we may interpret and change things at will. Just like our founding fathers didnt envision machine guns I doubt they envisioned throngs of taxpayer money hungry do nothings voting.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Gunz wrote:

What do you think?

You win first prize for being illogical. Denying Americans the ability to vote is you right wing wacko's policy as we saw during the last election ... you remember back that far don't you? Remember? The one that Romney and Biden couldn't even win when a significant proportion of minorities (including those in Florida) had to wait in line for hours in order to cast their vote? Licensing people to vote in order to control or deny their vote is your bag, sweetheart, not mine!

no stress

no stress

Wordslinger wrote:
Gunz wrote:

What do you think?

You win first prize for being illogical. Denying Americans the ability to vote is you right wing wacko's policy as we saw during the last election ... you remember back that far don't you? Remember? The one that Romney and Biden couldn't even win when a significant proportion of minorities (including those in Florida) had to wait in line for hours in order to cast their vote? Licensing people to vote in order to control or deny their vote is your bag, sweetheart, not mine!

There is no difference other than the right of gun ownership explicitly given in the Constitution. If you think we need a license to own a gun which is a big responsibilty then why equally shouldnt we be licensed to vote in this country? The license could double as an ID..you know , that thing which democrats abhor when going to the polls.

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:

There is no difference other than the right of gun ownership explicitly given in the Constitution. If you think we need a license to own a gun which is a big responsibilty then why equally shouldnt we be licensed to vote in this country? The license could double as an ID..you know , that thing which democrats abhor when going to the polls.

You're actually suggesting infringing on people's right to vote?

Please contact the Republican leadership and urge them to follow your suggestion.

You're a big idea man.

You could be the next Dick Morris.

lmao

no stress

no stress

You're actually suggesting infringing on people's right to vote?-SAL

Actually I'm not. All you dumbasses took my post literally when I simply compared Wordslingers rediculous idea of licensing gun owners (which is another infringement) to that of licensing voters. You liberal fucksticks act as if voting rights are sacrosanct and gun rights are not. I happen to have the belief that none of those rights, voting, gun rights, freedom of speech etc should ever be infringed on. Honestly, the premise of the whole thread was fucked up when Wordslinger stated that" if you break a law as a gunowner your license is revoked"....seriously? Adam Lanza broke the law and at the end revoked his own "license". As did most of these mass killers, no touchy feely liberal gun law stops a criminal or mentally ill individual from carrying out their mission.

Gunz wrote:You're actually suggesting infringing on people's right to vote?-SAL

Actually I'm not. All you dumbasses took my post literally when I simply compared Wordslingers rediculous idea of licensing gun owners (which is another infringement) to that of licensing voters. You liberal fucksticks act as if voting rights are sacrosanct and gun rights are not. I happen to have the belief that none of those rights, voting, gun rights, freedom of speech etc should ever be infringed on. Honestly, the premise of the whole thread was fucked up when Wordslinger stated that" if you break a law as a gunowner your license is revoked"....seriously? Adam Lanza broke the law and at the end revoked his own "license". As did most of these mass killers, no touchy feely liberal gun law stops a criminal or mentally ill individual from carrying out their mission.

Most Epic post ever on this forum.

Markle

Markle

What do you think?

Second Amendment of the US Constitution.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

That answers your question but I also know you have no use for the Constitution of the United States.

I have an inalienable RIGHT to bear arms and defend myself. I do NOT have an inalienable RIGHT to own a car.

IAMTHENRA

IAMTHENRA

Driving and drivers license are privileges. Bearing arms is a right guaranteed by the 2nd amendent.

Sal

Sal

IAMTHENRA wrote:Driving and drivers license are privileges. Bearing arms is a right guaranteed by the 2nd amendent.

Any armament?

Where's the line, and who gets to draw it?

IAMTHENRA

IAMTHENRA

Sal wrote:Any armament?

The state.

2seaoat

Sal wrote:Any armament?

The state.

Nope......it may be the feds, as discussed in Macdonald.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum