Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The laser that can make it rain: Researchers unveil radical system to start storms and create lightning on command

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Researchers have developed a new technique to cause rain and lighting by firing a laser at clouds.

The technique uses a 'double laser' to stimulate particles within a cloud.

The technique could one day be used to create rainstorms and even lighting on command, the researchers hopeWater condensation and lightning activity in clouds are linked to large amounts of static charged particles.

Stimulating those particles with the right kind of laser holds the key to possibly one day summoning a shower when and where it is needed.

Lasers can already travel great distances but “when a laser beam becomes intense enough, it behaves differently than usual – it collapses inward on itself,' said Matthew Mills, a graduate student in the Center for Research and Education in Optics and Lasers (CREOL).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2609818/The-laser-make-rain-Researchers-unveil-radical-start-storms-command.html#ixzz2zcRymfqy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They already can make it rain. They have been doing it since the 60's

Careful what you wish for.

The grandson of former President Jimmy Carter, who is running for governor in Georgia, suggested Monday that if he wins the gubernatorial race he will not stop the state from issuing license plates featuring the Confederate battle flag

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/21/jimmy-carters-grandson-people-have-right-sport-con/#ixzz2zcSgYRAy
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I can make it rain any time you want!!!. Just let me plan a big outside event. Never fails. The bigger the event, the more it will rain.

Mr Ichi wrote:I can make it rain any time you want!!!.  Just let me plan a big outside event.  Never fails.  The bigger the event, the more it will rain.

lol! 

Yeah, but can you make it strike lightening.................... cant wait for them to start practicing, they are central florida college lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum