Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your favorite sandwich?

+10
Slicef18
stormwatch89
Jake92
2seaoat
PBulldog2
Yella
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Yella

Yella

boards of FL wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Steak sandwich from Four Winds.

Tell me about the Four Winds Steak Sandwich.

It's big, it's extremely garlicy, and it's a little on the pricey side ($12) for a take-out sandwich alone. I only get it every now and then due to the price and arduous process of purchasing stuff from that store. You should go try one.

I like it in that place. Some folks think James is pushy but I feel like he's happy I'm his customer. Everything is pricey but it's all good.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote: Everything is pricey
Boy we learned that today didn't we? lol
Sixty clams for a club sandwich lunch. For a minute there I thought we'd teleported to Manhattan. Jimmy Buffet is damn sure a capitalist aint he. lol
But of course that included the $200 view bds told us about. And the sandwich aint bad either. lol

Bob wrote:
Sixty clams for a club sandwich lunch. For a minute there I thought we'd teleported to Manhattan. Jimmy Buffet is damn sure a capitalist aint he. lol
But of course that included the $200 view bds told us about. And the sandwich aint bad either. lol

how did you like margaritaville?

I did not like it, and I thought it was stuffy, over priced and for gods sake the margaritas were terrible.

ive considered jimmy buffet a sell out every since I visited that place when it opened.

taco sandwich Wink

no stress

no stress

boards of FL wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Steak sandwich from Four Winds.

Tell me about the Four Winds Steak Sandwich.

It's big, it's extremely garlicy, and it's a little on the pricey side ($12) for a take-out sandwich alone. I only get it every now and then due to the price and arduous process of purchasing stuff from that store. You should go try one.

Get one from Phillys on Creighton rd, you wont go anywhere else after that

Bob wrote:

How were you able to eat 4 Club Sandwiches?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:

How were you able to eat 4 Club Sandwiches?
1 club sandwich, 1 martini and 1 beer each with tip for two of us = $60 lol
A steak dinner must be several hundred bucks. lol
Jimmy may be a beach bum but he's livin like Donald Trump. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think $13 is probably the most I have ever paid for a sandwich. And that even includes the frickin country club. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let's put it this way. That is to sandwiches what the price of a box of popcorn is at the movie theater. lol
But I will say this. I have never seen a movie that gives the visual experience of looking out at the Gulf from the back of that joint. And especially on a day when it's 68 degrees out there in January. It was so beautiful and so comfortable to be out there today.

Chrissy wrote:taco sandwich Wink

Chrissy, are you still talking about food??? Razz

Bob wrote:

I cannot believe that you actually PAID $60 for a sammich.

You DIDN'T order one, did you???

EDIT: I hadn't read the third page... Embarassed

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

Well the sandwich alone was $13. The total bill with tip was $60.
But yes we both ordered one. We couldn't let bds one-up us.
I just hope bds has a real good job causes he's got champagne tastes. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:

Well I have to qualify my answer to that. We sat on the back balcony overlooking the beach. The weather was absolutely perfect, far better than being there in the hot summer and roasting in the heat. And the view from there is spectacular.
We really weren't experiencing anything else about the Margarittaville complex. Just enjoying a beautiful day in paradise from a very good vantage point.
So with that in mind, it was a very enjoyable experience.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Well I have to qualify my answer to that. We sat on the back balcony overlooking the beach. The weather was absolutely perfect, far better than being there in the hot summer and roasting in the heat. And the view from there is spectacular.
We really weren't experiencing anything else about the Margarittaville complex. Just enjoying a beautiful day in paradise from a very good vantage point.
So with that in mind, it was a very enjoyable experience.

We were hungry and thirsty and those needs were fulfilled as we sat in the warm sun watching and listening to the beautiful Gulf waves as they crashed on the snow white beach. We were searching for ambiance and we found it there.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

We were hungry and thirsty and those needs were fulfilled as we sat in the warm sun watching and listening to the beautiful Gulf waves as they crashed on the snow white beach. We were searching for ambiance and we found it there.
Amen.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Yomama wrote:

Well hell, the triple-decker at the Village Inn costs $8, and there's zero ambiance unless you get a waitress with a nice ass.

Glad you fellas had a good time.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:

So did you get one of the two seater high-top tables out on the patio that run against the outer wall?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:

So did you get one of the two seater high-top tables out on the patio that run against the outer wall?

They did and they got to take it home.

Yella

Yella

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:
Yomama wrote:

Well hell, the triple-decker at the Village Inn costs $8, and there's zero ambiance unless you get a waitress with a nice ass.

Glad you fellas had a good time.

Folks, we are known all over as the last of the big time spenders and this image is important.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

We actually sat at two different high-top tables.
Most of the high-top tables are under the roof. But one is just outside the roof and under the sky (closest to the swimming pool). We tried both.
We finally settled on the one under the sky because it was closest to the big column on the balcony that I could hide behind to smoke cigarettes so the wait staff couldn't see me doing it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Most of the high-top tables are under the roof. But one is just outside the roof and under the sky (closest to the swimming pool). We tried both.
We finally settled on the one under the sky because it was closest to the big column on the balcony that I could hide behind to smoke cigarettes so the wait staff couldn't see me doing it.

That's the spot! Best lunch experience in the area. I usually stay at the high-tops between the columns under the roof though. Of course, I go there in the summer when it's ridiculously hot out. And I forgot to tell you, the sandwich is so big that you can easily split it with someone. My wife and I often go there before the beach on weekends and we have them bring the sandwich out on two separate plates and split up the fries. Do that and just drink beer and then it's a reasonable price.

Last edited by boards of FL on 1/11/2013, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

It was a tasty sandwich and I plan to return when pigs fly up and down the beach.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

delete - I keep getting this all screwed up

Last edited by Bob on 1/11/2013, 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

VectorMan

VectorMan

Hub Stacey's Cuban. It's awesome! $7.99 - It's even better with a side of their potato salad.
What is your favorite sandwich? - Page 2 Tumblr_lnawqnBFf51qhn1vp

VectorMan wrote:Hub Stacey's Cuban. It's awesome! $7.99 - It's even better with a side of their potato salad.
What is your favorite sandwich? - Page 2 Tumblr_lnawqnBFf51qhn1vp

Um, im trading in my tuna for one of those please.

I loved that place when I lived there. I forgot which sandwich it was, but one is as big as my head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum