Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A report from a poker game

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A report from a poker game Empty A report from a poker game 12/13/2012, 1:15 pm

2seaoat

I had some apprehension that last night's poker game was going to be strident and caustic with people rehashing the election and getting very angry. There were a few comments....but five minutes into the game.....almost to the last person.....they said we are so sick talking about politics, listening to people spew and spew......can we please just have fun and play poker.

I was relieved because I knew some folks were not happy in some of the questions I have raised. It was refreshing to see that like myself.....I am tired of circular political discussions, and I want substantive fact based discussions about issues, but not this blind allegiance to a party or candidate. Folks actually started talking about problems and alternating solutions....it was not strident.....it was quite hopeful. We live in a great nation with good people who all want our families, friends and communities to do well and live in peace.......a very good night....except I lost last night when I had an ace high flush.....and somebody beat me with a damn straight flush.....oh well....it happens......it just seems to be happening to me a great deal lately.

2A report from a poker game Empty Re: A report from a poker game 12/13/2012, 1:24 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yea!

3A report from a poker game Empty Re: A report from a poker game 12/13/2012, 3:16 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Very good.

4A report from a poker game Empty Re: A report from a poker game 12/13/2012, 3:51 pm

2seaoat wrote:I had some apprehension that last night's poker game was going to be strident and caustic with people rehashing the election and getting very angry. There were a few comments....but five minutes into the game.....almost to the last person.....they said we are so sick talking about politics, listening to people spew and spew......can we please just have fun and play poker.

I was relieved because I knew some folks were not happy in some of the questions I have raised. It was refreshing to see that like myself.....I am tired of circular political discussions, and I want substantive fact based discussions about issues, but not this blind allegiance to a party or candidate. Folks actually started talking about problems and alternating solutions....it was not strident.....it was quite hopeful. We live in a great nation with good people who all want our families, friends and communities to do well and live in peace.......a very good night....except I lost last night when I had an ace high flush.....and somebody beat me with a damn straight flush.....oh well....it happens......it just seems to be happening to me a great deal lately.

Twisted Evil

5A report from a poker game Empty Re: A report from a poker game 12/13/2012, 9:05 pm

2seaoat wrote:I had some apprehension that last night's poker game was going to be strident and caustic with people rehashing the election and getting very angry. There were a few comments....but five minutes into the game.....almost to the last person.....they said we are so sick talking about politics, listening to people spew and spew......can we please just have fun and play poker.

Can't you leave politics HERE and not stir the pot elsewhere? Jesus.

6A report from a poker game Empty Re: A report from a poker game 12/13/2012, 10:56 pm

knothead

knothead

Maybe he loves politics . . . . . .?

7A report from a poker game Empty Re: A report from a poker game 12/14/2012, 6:37 am

2seaoat

Can't you leave politics HERE and not stir the pot elsewhere? Jesus.

nope.....I got a bunch of those stir the pot genes......I think I was cloned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum