Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More than a dozen states plan to cancel health care policies not in compliance with ObamaCare

+5
Floridatexan
2seaoat
Sal
boards of FL
Markle
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

This was not a surprise to the majority of voters who opposed ObamaCare from before the bribes, payoffs and, most likely, blackmail crammed it up...our throats.

More than a dozen states plan to cancel health care policies not in compliance with ObamaCare

Jim Angle

By Jim Angle
·Published October 09, 2014
·FoxNews.com

More than a dozen states plan to cancel health care policies not in compliance with ObamaCare in the coming weeks, affecting thousands of people just before the midterm elections.

"It looks like several hundred thousand people across the country will receive notices in the coming days and weeks," said Jim Capretta of the Ethics and Public Policy Center.

The policies are being canceled because states that initially granted a reprieve at the request of President Obama are no longer willing to do so.

In coming weeks, 13 states and the District of Columbia plan to cancel such policies, which generally fall out of compliance with the Affordable Care Act because they don’t offer the level of coverage the law requires.

Virginia will be hardest hit, with 250,000 policies expected to be canceled.

And because federal law requires a 60-day notice of any plan changes, voters will be notified no later than November 1, right before the Nov. 4 midterms.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/09/more-than-dozen-states-plan-to-cancel-health-care-policies-not-in-compliance/

You won't hear the most transparent admin ever talk of this ....

boards of FL

boards of FL

Considerably more Americans have health insurance today than was the case prior to the ACA. Healthcare costs are increasing at a lower rate today than was the case prior to the ACA. And here we have a story about several hundred thousand people who will lose their current coverage due to it not being up to par. Fair enough, they will go to the exchanges and purchase a plan that is better than what they had prior.

At some point you guys should consider learning to think critically. Stupid isn't a flattering look.

boards of FL wrote:Considerably more Americans have health insurance today than was the case prior to the ACA. Healthcare costs are increasing at a lower rate today than was the case prior to the ACA. And here we have a story about several hundred thousand people who will lose their current coverage due to it not being up to par. Fair enough, they will go to the exchanges and purchase a plan that is better than what they had prior.

At some point you guys should consider learning to think critically. Stupid isn't a flattering look.

Wrong...we still don't know of the 7.3 million sign ups, who actually LOST their coverage and were forced to accept Obamacare in relation to those who actually got a new policy that never had one. These were not 7.3 million who never had insurance before......

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Considerably more Americans have health insurance today than was the case prior to the ACA.   Healthcare costs are increasing at a lower rate today than was the case prior to the ACA.  And here we have a story about several hundred thousand people who will lose their current coverage due to it not being up to par.  Fair enough, they will go to the exchanges and purchase a plan that is better than what they had prior.  

At some point you guys should consider learning to think critically.  Stupid isn't a flattering look.

Wrong...we still don't know of the 7.3 million sign ups, who actually LOST their coverage and were forced to accept Obamacare in relation to those who actually got a new policy that never had one. These were not 7.3 million who never had insurance before......

We know that the % of uninsured Americans fell from 18% to 13.4% as a result of the ACA.   Interpreting this for you since you're clearly illiterate, more people have insurance today than prior to the ACA.  

http://www.gallup.com/poll/172403/uninsured-rate-sinks-second-quarter.aspx

More than a dozen states plan to cancel health care policies not in compliance with ObamaCare Tjcqv5b8uecljickck1b4q

I'll do the math for you since you're obviously an innumerate dumbass.  

The US population is 316.1 million.  If 18% of that was uninsured prior to the ACA...

316.1 million * 0.18 = 56,898,000

After the ACA, 13.4% of the US remained uninsured...

316.1 million * 0.134 = 42,357,400

Subtract the pre-ACA number of uninsured Americans from the post-ACA number of uninsured Americans...

56,898,000 - 42,357,400 = 14,540,600

Putting all of this together, 14,540,600 more people have insurance today than was the case prior to the ACA.

Comparing this with numbers from acasignups.net...

http://acasignups.net/

27 million people signed up for new plans during the ACA enrollment period, either on-exchange, off-exchange, through medicaid expansion, or sub 26ers, so....

27,000,000 - 14,540,600 = 12,459,400

So, out of the 27,000,000 people who acquired new plans during the first ACA enrollment period, 12,459,400 had coverage prior to the ACA and 14,540,600 did not.  Also, the 12,459,400 that had coverage prior now have a more robust policy given the requirements of the ACA...well, minus the "several hundred thousand" mentioned in the article who had a "reprieve" from the new ACA requirements.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go add "Make sure my future kid's public school teachers are not abject morons" to my "Things to do if I ever have a kid" list.

Sal

Sal

This is actually great news for the ACA.

It'll mean more young, healthy people will be getting on the exchanges making them stronger and cheaper.

The link between employers and healthcare is weakened even further, and we're one step closer to single payer.

Thanks for the good news!

2seaoat

You just cannot make this stuff up. A stunning success across the board, and I especially like the futility of trying to do this before an election. Nothing like reminding people what they have obtained through sane policies right before an election. These mid terms were going to take the Republicans to 57 in the Senate......oops. The governor races which were sure things.....oops. How stupid can they get? I am always amazed that dumber is the goal.

boards of FL wrote:

The US population is 316.1 million.  If 18% of that was uninsured prior to the ACA...

Subtract the pre-ACA number of uninsured Americans from the post-ACA number of uninsured Americans...

Putting all of this together, 14,540,600 more people have insurance today than was the case prior to the ACA.

27 million people signed up for new plans during the ACA enrollment period, either on-exchange, off-exchange, through medicaid expansion, or sub 26ers, so....

So, out of the 27,000,000 people who acquired new plans during the first ACA enrollment period, 12,459,400 had coverage prior to the ACA and 14,540,600 did not.  Also, the 12,459,400 that had coverage prior now have a more robust policy given the requirements of the ACA...well, minus the "several hundred thousand" mentioned in the article who had a "reprieve" from the new ACA requirements.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go add "Make sure my future kid's public school teachers are not abject morons" to my "Things to do if I ever have a kid" list.

It doesn't add up. Your math is all wrong. We all know there were 7.3 million sign ups for Obamacare. We know that some of these had health insurance that was cancelled due to Obamacare law saying their insurance was inadequate so that let's us know right there that all 7.3 million were not people who never had insurance before at all.

Now you are claiming 14+ million more people have insurance than before Obamacare was started. That's asinine. Let me make sure I never hire the company you work for to do any accounting, because if they use your logic, I will be broke.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"...NOT IN COMPLIANCE..."

More than a dozen states plan to cancel health care policies not in compliance with ObamaCare Woman_with_bullhorn

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

It doesn't add up. Your math is all wrong. We all know there were 7.3 million sign ups for Obamacare. We know that some of these had health insurance that was cancelled due to Obamacare law saying their insurance was inadequate so that let's us know right there that all 7.3 million were not people who never had insurance before at all.

Now you are claiming 14+ million more people have insurance than before Obamacare was started. That's asinine.  Let me make sure I never hire the company you work for to do any accounting, because if they use your logic, I will be broke.

Holy shit, you're dense.  The seven million figure only addresses people who signed up on-exchange.  It ignores off-exchange, medicaid expandees, and people under the age of 26 who can now be covered under their parent's plan.  

7.3 million - On-exchange
8.0 million - Off-exchange
10.0 million - Medicaid
1-2 million - sub-26ers
--------------------------
Roughly 27,000,000 people

You're choosing only to focus on the on-exchange number and aren't smart enough to solve your own question, even though I already laid all of the math out for you.

Finishing up the problem for our innumerate school teacher republican...

Above we saw that 12,459,400 of the 27,000,000 people who signed up for new plans during the ACA enrollment period already had insurance prior to the ACA.  If we employ 4th grade level math, we can convert that into a percentage...

12,459,400/27,000,000 = 46%

Multiplying this by the 7.3 million figure will answer your question...

7,300,000 * 46% = 3,358,000

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go add "Make sure your kid's teacher possesses a basic level of reading and arithmetic" to the "Things to do if I ever have a kid" list.

dumpcare

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Now you are claiming 14+ million more people have insurance than before Obamacare was started. That's asinine.  Let me make sure I never hire the company you work for to do any accounting, because if they use your logic, I will be broke.

You see PD when you, Markle and the news media report the lower figure you all are just counting people who receive a subsidy. There were million's more that signed up that did not receive a subsidy that are being over looked.

OBAMACARE = All All All individual health plans that went into effect Jan 1, 2014 and after. Don't be the one that calls our office and say I don't obamacare thinking I am going to put you into the mp. Be informed PD. Come on man.

2seaoat

No Mr. Markle you cannot just close your eyes or run away every time you are crushed with facts. He has proved it....over.....and over.....and over again. You have lost ALL credibility with your silly sophomoric antics. There is no question or debate in Boards numbers.......or to pull your nonsense, show a credible source which denies those numbers. Stupid is what stupid does.

Markle

Markle

These are in the future, and the coming PREMIUM increases are still coming. Walmart, most similar corporations have already done so, is DROPPING all their part time workers from having health insurance and are being forced to increase the cost to their full time employees.

The states cancelling non-conforming health care policies do not have exchanges, the states realize they cannot afford them.

Jim Angle

By Jim Angle
·Published October 09, 2014
·FoxNews.com

More than a dozen states plan to cancel health care policies not in compliance with ObamaCare in the coming weeks, affecting thousands of people just before the midterm elections.

"It looks like several hundred thousand people across the country will receive notices in the coming days and weeks," said Jim Capretta of the Ethics and Public Policy Center.

ppaca wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You see PD when you, Markle and the news media report the lower figure you all are just counting people who receive a subsidy. There were million's more that signed up that did not receive a subsidy that are being over looked.

OBAMACARE = All All All individual health plans that went into effect Jan 1, 2014 and after. Don't be the one that calls our office and say I don't obamacare thinking I am going to put you into the mp. Be informed PD. Come on man.

MINUS the people who had insurance before the ACA and had their insurance cancelled. Expansion of medicare and such isn't Obamacare. IT was already in place, the rules just got twisted to make the COWH seem to be the benevolent man he is not.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

There is a completely plausible solution to these problems -- it's called Single Payer Healthcare.

We can't afford it?

Why is it affordable in Scandinavia? Or France, or Germany?

A: Those countries aren't spending trillions on military capabilities.

And add in the government doing for our infrastructure just like it did under Roosevelt -- put the unemployed to work fixing roads, bridges, etc.

Screw America Inc!!!

It's called nationalization comrade.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:There is a completely plausible solution to these problems -- it's called Single Payer Healthcare.

We can't afford it?

Why is it affordable in Scandinavia?  Or France, or Germany?

A:  Those countries aren't spending trillions on military capabilities.

And add in the government doing for our infrastructure just like it did under Roosevelt -- put the unemployed to work fixing roads, bridges, etc.

Screw America Inc!!!

You can't force the ones receiving or looking for government handouts to work.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Considerably more Americans have health insurance today than was the case prior to the ACA.   Healthcare costs are increasing at a lower rate today than was the case prior to the ACA.  And here we have a story about several hundred thousand people who will lose their current coverage due to it not being up to par.  Fair enough, they will go to the exchanges and purchase a plan that is better than what they had prior.  

At some point you guys should consider learning to think critically.  Stupid isn't a flattering look.

We know that the % of uninsured Americans fell from 18% to 13.4% as a result of the ACA.   Interpreting this for you since you're clearly illiterate, more people have insurance today than prior to the ACA.  

More than a dozen states plan to cancel health care policies not in compliance with ObamaCare Tjcqv5b8uecljickck1b4q

It dropped ONE PERCENT since semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama took office. ONE PERCENT

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

It dropped ONE PERCENT since semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama took office.  ONE PERCENT

You're seriously a dumbass.  

More than a dozen states plan to cancel health care policies not in compliance with ObamaCare U.S._Uninsured_and_Uninsured_Rate_%281987_to_2008%29

Looking at this chart, we see the number of uninsured Americans increased by over 6 million during the eight years of the Bush administration.  I'll leave it to you to calculate the % change on that.

The ACA - in one year - saw the number of uninsured Americans fall by over 14 million.  

Dumbing this down a bit more for you...:  When Bush in white house, health care got bad.  When Bush in white house, more and more guy and girl had no way to get good health care.  When Obama in white house, more guy and girl get good health care.  When Obama in white house, health care got good and more guy and girl can get health care.

2seaoat

It dropped ONE PERCENT since semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama took office. ONE PERCENT

Ah how sweet it is to read Mr. Markle praising the President.

The govt at most should just take over the govt programs. If you want a crappy socialist system there it is.

If you want a private system it should be available separate and minimally overseen. Let them compete for business.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:There is a completely plausible solution to these problems -- it's called Single Payer Healthcare.

We can't afford it?

Why is it affordable in Scandinavia?  Or France, or Germany?

A:  Those countries aren't spending trillions on military capabilities.

Screw America [AMERIKA] Inc!!! Just like to help you out. You seem to be running from yourself.

What Wordslinger seems to ignore are the TAXES in those countries. Oops....

For instance, in addition to income taxes higher than our own, and LOWER taxes on Corporations, they have a 19 PERCENT VALUE ADDED TAX That's an additional tax on everything you buy. Well, except for food, books, magazines and transport. Then the VAT TAX is only 7 PERCENT.

boards of FL

boards of FL

More than a dozen states plan to cancel health care policies not in compliance with ObamaCare 3QlF5Gu

When Bush I in white house, health care got bad.  More and more guy and girl can get no health care.  When Clinton in office, healthcare got good.  More and more guy and girl can get health care.  When Bush II in white house, health care got bad.  More and more guy and girl can get no health care.  When Obama in white house, healthcare get good.  More and more guy and girl can get health care.

Hopefully our forum republicans will be able to read that. I was careful not to use any words that contain more than one syllable. I also made the chart handicap accessible. Somehow, though, I feel this is still an exercise in futility. You simply can't fix stupid.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

It dropped ONE PERCENT since semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama took office.  ONE PERCENT

You're seriously a dumbass.

You're seriously desperate.  I used your figures.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum