Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coming SOON to your Health Care via ObamaCare!

+3
boards of FL
PBulldog2
Markle
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Coming SOON to your Health Care via ObamaCare!

Brain Surgery Patient's Obamacare Plan Denies Meds, Drops Doctors

A New York woman suffering from a neurological disease that has required four brain surgeries has been dropped by all of her doctors and denied medications due to her Obamacare plan.

"I've been vomiting. I lost 22 pounds. The pain is unbearable," said Margaret Figueroa, 49, on Wednesday. "My medication helps me function during the day."

Figueroa suffers from a disease known as Arnold Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia. Even though the Obamacare plan she purchased assured her that she was covered, her insurance card was denied when she went to fill her prescriptions. Then she learned that none of her doctors accept her Obamacare plan. Figueroa says she cannot find a doctor who accepts her Obamacare plan; indeed, there are only six doctors in all of Staten Island who take her plan, none of whom she's been able to get appointments with.

Figueroa's congressman, Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY), intervened to help her obtain some of her vital prescriptions. Grimm says he's already received calls from at least a dozen Staten Island residents facing the same problem with Obamacare's "narrow networks" – extreme restrictions to doctor and hospital access imposed by Obamacare.

"Even though the insurance company cashed your check, it doesn't mean it (the policy) has been implemented," said Grimm at a Wednesday press conference with Figueroa. "That's the problem – that the back end of Obamacare hasn't been fully built. You can go on the front end of an application and look at a list of plans, but what they don't tell you is that many of those plans don't have doctors yet."

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/16/Brain-Surgery-Patient-s-Obamacare-Plan-Denies-Meds-Drops-Doctors

Oops....

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Markle wrote:Coming SOON to your Health Care via ObamaCare!

A New York woman suffering from a neurological disease that has required four brain surgeries has been dropped by all of her doctors and denied medications due to her Obamacare plan.

"I've been vomiting. I lost 22 pounds. The pain is unbearable," said Margaret Figueroa, 49, on Wednesday. "My medication helps me function during the day."

Figueroa suffers from a disease known as Arnold Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia. Even though the Obamacare plan she purchased assured her that she was covered, her insurance card was denied when she went to fill her prescriptions. Then she learned that none of her doctors accept her Obamacare plan. Figueroa says she cannot find a doctor who accepts her Obamacare plan; indeed, there are only six doctors in all of Staten Island who take her plan, none of whom she's been able to get appointments with.

Figueroa's congressman, Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY), intervened to help her obtain some of her vital prescriptions. Grimm says he's already received calls from at least a dozen Staten Island residents facing the same problem with Obamacare's "narrow networks" – extreme restrictions to doctor and hospital access imposed by Obamacare.

"Even though the insurance company cashed your check, it doesn't mean it (the policy) has been implemented," said Grimm at a Wednesday press conference with Figueroa. "That's the problem – that the back end of Obamacare hasn't been fully built. You can go on the front end of an application and look at a list of plans, but what they don't tell you is that many of those plans don't have doctors yet."

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/16/Brain-Surgery-Patient-s-Obamacare-Plan-Denies-Meds-Drops-Doctors

Oops....

Baloney.

It's easy to see which hospitals and doctors accept any given plan. It's easy to call your doctor before you commit to a plan to make certain your doctor is in-network. It's easy to see which meds will be covered in any given plan and which ones won't.

This woman didn't do her homework.

What you posted above, Markle, is a propaganda piece, pure and simple. Then again, your source is breitbart.com.  Laughing 

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:

Oops....

Baloney.

It's easy to see which hospitals and doctors accept any given plan. It's easy to call your doctor before you commit to a plan to make certain your doctor is in-network. It's easy to see which meds will be covered in any given plan and which ones won't.

What you posted above, Markle, is a propaganda piece, pure and simple. Then again, your source is breitbart.com.  Laughing 

What part of the story is not true?

So according to you, it is the WOMAN'S FAULT she was dropped from previous insurance and forced into something else.

Have some more Cool Aid!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/16/Brain-Surgery-Patient-s-Obamacare-Plan-Denies-Meds-Drops-Doctors

Coming SOON to your Health Care via ObamaCare! HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/16/Brain-Surgery-Patient-s-Obamacare-Plan-Denies-Meds-Drops-Doctors

I love it when Markle's own tactics are used against him......
 Embarassed

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

polecat

polecat

I looked it up...
Breitbart is spanish for Bull$hit!

Y'all are constantly using kos, salon, huffpo, msnbc, commondreams, truthout... etc. Most of it opinion.

It'd be nice is we could use one set of standards... right?

dumpcare

I read that two days ago and then again twice before posting and if I am blind I see no where in that article that she lost coverage before choosing an ACA plan on the FFM or state exchange. What I do see is someone who took it upon either theirself or called a navigator and did not bother to check out the networks. In the article the writer said the back end wasn't built, true, but that has nothing to do with provider's, it is payments to the insurance company's. I'm sorry the lady is getting the shaft, but it was brought on because of her lack of knowledge.

I am surprised you didn't post the article right under it on drudge on the widow's who lost their coverage in Alabama because of Obama. But that is false also they just decided to drop them, they did not have to get rid of their self insured plan.

Leave it to Ol" Markie to keep posting lies. LOL! He's right there next to PD.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:Leave it to Ol" Markie to keep posting lies. LOL! He's right there next to PD.

Markle a few posts above: "...What part of the story is not true?..."

His standard line when someone calls out his BS sources.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

Coming SOON to your Health Care via ObamaCare! E2454354-4d44-4ac6-9b35-84e4be224b5b

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Markle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Oops....

Baloney.

What part of the story is not true?

So according to you, it is the WOMAN'S FAULT she was dropped from previous insurance and forced into something else.

Have some more Cool Aid!

If you have been paying attention at all, you are well aware I don't support many facets of the ACA. However, propaganda is propaganda, and the article you posted was easily identifiable as such.

Sadly, the facts that you posted in your article are probably true. Her new policy has a narrow network. As Ppaca wrote, she may have been steered to this policy by a "navigator" with little to no training. Perhaps she chose this policy due to cost. Who knows her reason for choosing that policy?

My truth also remains. The article states she was "assured" that her prior doctors and meds would be covered. Assured by whom? Did she, as many did, contact her physician to find out if he/she was in network? Did she even know she should have done this? (That is the saddest part to me - some people still don't realize this is an essential step in the process, as it is and always has been every time a person changes health insurance policies for any reason. And it has been this way since well before President Obama even graduated from law school.)

This is a fact.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/19/nations-elite-cancer-hospitals-off-limits-under-obamacare/

services and treatments and certain therapies are off limits under these plans.

I hope you didn't think they could provide you with the "BEST" for free, that was never their intentions. Only the rich will get the best, the rest well.... you know. It will even apply more and more to access to primary doctors as they all leave, go to hospitals leaving fewer primary care docs to see the poor. then many primary care docs will turn to cash fees for better care. Its already occurring, all these things Ive mentioned.

You don't see it because its not upon you YET.

Markle

Markle

:)This is a fact.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/19/nations-elite-cancer-hospitals-off-limits-under-obamacare/

I hope you didn't think they could provide you with the "BEST" for free, that was never their intentions. Only the rich will get the best, the rest well.... you know. It will even apply more and more to access to primary doctors as they all leave, go to hospitals leaving fewer primary care docs to see the poor. then many primary care docs will turn to cash fees for better care. Its already occurring, all these things Ive mentioned.

Is this NOT what was promised?
President Barack Hussein Obama:
If you like your health care plan, if you like your doctor, you can keep it.

If you like your private insurance, you can keep your health care plan. PERIOD END OF STORY

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

What happens if you choose a plan that covers all you need, but then later develop a medical condition that your plan (or its network providers) does not cover? Can you change plans at any time?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

QueenOfHearts wrote:What happens if you choose a plan that covers all you need, but then later develop a medical condition that your plan (or its network providers) does not cover?  Can you change plans at any time?

I don't know, Queen. Ppaca is in the best position to answer your question above.

And Markle, that was a poor attempt at deflection. We were talking about one specific case, and you are the person who posted the story. Then suddenly, you're ranting again about President Obama's promises instead of discussing the specific story you posted. Is that the only comeback you had?  Evil or Very Mad 

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

You know darned well I don't expect anything for free.  Laughing You're just hassling me here. And on the day after my birthday, even! clown 

Here is a quote from the article you posted above:

"For now, the issue seems to be limited to the new insurance exchanges. But it could become a concern for Americans with job-based coverage too if employers turn to narrow networks."

This is exactly what happened to me. My employer narrowed our network so severely last year that we didn't have decent coverage if we were, say, to be hospitalized while out of town for a cardiac event. If you were hospitalized in Destin after a car accident, well....too bad for you. If you had a kidney stone episode while visiting family in Tallahassee, well...so sorry.

Another local hospital system (the one I use) was deemed out of network, too.

The deductibles for out of network care were outrageous. The deductibles alone could have bankrupted families.

Even the people from the benefits department who were tasked with pitching the new plan shook their heads at some of the exclusions.

Essentially, we were forced to receive care within the hospital system for which we worked. Period. I sincerely doubt I would have had access to an elite cancer center had the need arisen.

This type of narrow network development was present before the options on the healthcare exchange were even available. The article you posted is right on in that respect.

PBulldog2 wrote:

You know darned well I don't expect anything for free.  Laughing You're just hassling me here. And on the day after my birthday, even! clown 

Here is a quote from the article you posted above:

"For now, the issue seems to be limited to the new insurance exchanges. But it could become a concern for Americans with job-based coverage too if employers turn to narrow networks."

This is exactly what happened to me. My employer narrowed our network so severely last year that we didn't have decent coverage if we were, say, to be hospitalized while out of town for a cardiac event. If you were hospitalized in Destin after a car accident, well....too bad for you. If you had a kidney stone episode while visiting family in Tallahassee, well...so sorry.

Another local hospital system (the one I use) was deemed out of network, too.

The deductibles for out of network care were outrageous. The deductibles alone could have bankrupted families.  

Even the people from the benefits department who were tasked with pitching the new plan shook their heads at some of the exclusions.

Essentially, we were forced to receive care within the hospital system for which we worked. Period. I sincerely doubt I would have had access to an elite cancer center had the need arisen.

This type of narrow network development was present before the options on the healthcare exchange were even available. The article you posted is right on in that respect.

PB, many parts of obamacare was in force way before the exchanges came into play( aka CUTS or savings, depends on who you ask lol). You are aware of that. So many changes were taking place such as hospitals restructuring their staff and insurance coverage. These things were modified before the exchanges opened in response to cut backs on Medicare reimbursements, aka physician fee schedule.

There is actually a trend growing now with hospitals doing two things to try and address the effects of these cuts. One is they are merging with other hospital systems either totally or partially. Two is some larger ones are starting their own insurance plans. Yes, some had their own insurance plans before ACA, but not many. More are doing this now because it cuts out the middle man, the insurance company. This will limit where you can go, doctors etc and it will cause job loss in the insurance industry.

Talk to you later Easter baby.  Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum