Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alabama vs Georgia

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Alabama vs Georgia Empty Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 6:04 pm

2seaoat

Georgia drew first blood......will be a great game.

2Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 6:09 pm

2seaoat

While watching the game on CBS.....they did a promo with Led Zepplin is doing Dave Letterman's show Monday night.....oh boy.

3Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 6:40 pm

2seaoat

How did the refs miss the hit to the head to the QB.....and then allowed the interception.....incredible, and the ref saw the whole thing......

4Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 6:52 pm

2seaoat wrote:How did the refs miss the hit to the head to the QB.....and then allowed the interception.....incredible, and the ref saw the whole thing......

Since the illegal hit came after the interception, it would not have made any difference. Had the officials not missed the call and thrown a yellow handkerchief, they would have just marked off the penalty yards against Alabama. The interception occurred prior to the illegal hit and would have stood. The hit came after the interception and the Alabama player was blocking for the runner, though he did hit him illegally.

5Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 7:14 pm

Sal

Sal

Good game.

Definitely a dirty hit.

6Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 7:22 pm

2seaoat

Definitely a dirty hit.

I am still pissed about the Cutler hit......if rules are not promulgated to protect the qb......the game of football will die. This helmet to helmet hits has to stop. HBO real sports has done multiple stories on what head injuries are doing in sports. There must be at least a game ejection for a helmet to helmet contact on a QB where the QB has not lowered his head. The fines are not working. Immediate ejection.....one game sitting out, and in the pros.....big fines.

7Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 7:29 pm

That hit required a dangerous mentality... there has to be suspension.

8Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 7:46 pm

I got a message from a friend earlier in the ball game and she stated "would someone please tell Alabama the game started at 3:00PM" That is the kind of attitude of the majority of Alabama fans that really irk me to no end. They believe that the Tide can do no wrong and refuse to give credit to the opponents. I think what my friend fails to realize that Georgia is a really good team. I believe they are better than A&M which beat Bama a few weeks ago.

Regardless of who wins this game, it is a damn good game.

9Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 8:18 pm

Sal

Sal

Good Lord, Lacy is a load.

That Georgia safety wants nothing to do with him when he gets free in the secondary.

10Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 8:21 pm

Hell of a game... I don't want it to end.

11Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 8:28 pm

Sal wrote:Good Lord, Lacy is a load.

That Georgia safety wants nothing to do with him when he gets free in the secondary.

That safety was Jabari Rambo who has been sending disparaging tweets against Alabama all week.

12Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 8:38 pm

Georgia just blinked.

13Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 8:55 pm

Man... Two best teams in the country. I wish they could play again in the championship.

14Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 9:02 pm

2seaoat wrote:How did the refs miss the hit to the head to the QB.....and then allowed the interception.....incredible, and the ref saw the whole thing......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

They missed it the same way they missed the knee being down on GA's TD and the ball NOT being tipped when they interfered with our receiver.

I have not used any vulgar language like this since I returned, but I believe this game deserves it.

(insert common vulgarity here)

Please do us another favor and pick ND to beat us in the BCS Title Game.

ROLL TIDE

Last edited by W_T_M on 12/2/2012, 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : removal of offensive text...)

15Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 9:20 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:Hell of a game... I don't want it to end.

It was a great game!!

Bama will slaughter Notre Dame.

The SEC rules college football...

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

16Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 9:48 pm

knothead

knothead

One heck of a game . . . . someone had to win and someone had to lose.

17Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/1/2012, 11:30 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Hell of a game... I don't want it to end.

It was a great game!!

Bama will slaughter Notre Dame.

The SEC rules college football...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Awesome. Either of us would beat ND.

GA played a great game...we were just better tonight.

Think I was too harsh with SO....? It will be interesting to see what excuse he posts this time.

I actually agree with 99% of SO's posts, but his condescension when it comes to Bama is beyond absurd, and annoying as loud rap music in a Circle K parking lot.

18Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/2/2012, 12:02 am

2seaoat

I had to go to a surprise birthday party, and missed the end of the game.....I see the better team did not win. I must say when your linebackers cannot stop any of the running backs, and it takes a gang tackle......you need to tradeoff speed for a little hitting power. I hate ND......I saw them play Michigan State.....they are not very good, but I sadly have to concede that Alabama will stay with them and probably prevail......it certainly should have been Ga......who I still think was the better team.

19Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/2/2012, 12:06 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I had to go to a surprise birthday party, and missed the end of the game.....I see the better team did not win. I must say when your linebackers cannot stop any of the running backs, and it takes a gang tackle......you need to tradeoff speed for a little hitting power. I hate ND......I saw them play Michigan State.....they are not very good, but I sadly have to concede that Alabama will stay with them and probably prevail......it certainly should have been Ga......who I still think was the better team.

C'mon man!

You're better than that.

It was a great game.

Georgia fought valiantly, but lost ...

... to a better team.

20Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/2/2012, 12:13 am

2seaoat

The only thing that I will concede is that Georgia had a serious problem at linebacker.....they had one person who was a stopper.....the rest were great in coverage, but could simply not square up and stop the run. Why Alabama even bothered passing when they would overload their tight ends and Georgia repeatedly failed to shift and simply could not get stops. I think Alabama has some fine runners, and I do not want to take away from their ability, but the Georgia defense simply did not have the firepower at linebacker and Alabama's offensive line consistently took the defensive line out but the linebackers simply could not stop the run.....and four or five extra yards were gained on almost every run.

There is no question that Georgia had a better offense and I was impressed with all aspects of the same. ND will give Alabama a game.....sorry, Alabama is not that good and everybody can get pissed at me, but they will beat ND in the end.....it will not be a blow out, and if they stop the run.....it may be a game.

21Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/2/2012, 12:14 am

2seaoat wrote:I had to go to a surprise birthday party, and missed the end of the game.....I see the better team did not win. I must say when your linebackers cannot stop any of the running backs, and it takes a gang tackle......you need to tradeoff speed for a little hitting power. I hate ND......I saw them play Michigan State.....they are not very good, but I sadly have to concede that Alabama will stay with them and probably prevail......it certainly should have been Ga......who I still think was the better team.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LOSER

Last edited by W_T_M on 12/3/2012, 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total

22Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/2/2012, 12:20 am

2seaoat

I think a great many folks share your sentiment.....but in the end....your team is mediocre, and another minute of play and Georgia would be National Champions.....but heck, I honestly believed that they would lose by two touchdowns.......I was wrong....they won by the clock.

23Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/2/2012, 12:22 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote: I think Alabama has some fine runners, and I do not want to take away from their ability, but the Georgia defense simply did not have the firepower at linebacker and Alabama's offensive line consistently took the defensive line out but the linebackers simply could not stop the run.....and four or five extra yards were gained on almost every run.

Yes.

When you're being beaten at the line and in the secondary, then you have a problem.

The problem being you are being beat by a superior team.

Alabama will drop ND like an ugly date with halitosis.

24Alabama vs Georgia Empty Re: Alabama vs Georgia 12/2/2012, 12:23 am

2seaoat wrote:The only thing that I will concede is that Georgia had a serious problem at linebacker.....they had one person who was a stopper.....the rest were great in coverage, but could simply not square up and stop the run. Why Alabama even bothered passing when they would overload their tight ends and Georgia repeatedly failed to shift and simply could not get stops. I think Alabama has some fine runners, and I do not want to take away from their ability, but the Georgia defense simply did not have the firepower at linebacker and Alabama's offensive line consistently took the defensive line out but the linebackers simply could not stop the run.....and four or five extra yards were gained on almost every run.

There is no question that Georgia had a better offense and I was impressed with all aspects of the same. ND will give Alabama a game.....sorry, Alabama is not that good and everybody can get pissed at me, but they will beat ND in the end.....it will not be a blow out, and if they stop the run.....it may be a game.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Only to an asshat Auburn fan...

Passing
Alabama Crimson Tide Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
AJ McCarron 13 21 162 61.9 7.7 3 17 1 1 132.9
Georgia Bulldogs Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
Aaron Murray 18 33 267 54.5 8.1 3 15 1 1 126.4
Arthur Lynch 1 1 17 100.0 17.0 0 0 0 0 242.8

Rushing
Alabama Crimson Tide Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
Eddie Lacy 20 185 9.3 41 2 0
T.J. Yeldon 25 152 6.1 30 1 0