Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

T Street Filth

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1T Street Filth Empty T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 11:01 am

I just drove up to T street to drop off a contract. Sometimes I forget there are places that are worse than any third world country I have seen.

What's the answer?

2T Street Filth Empty Re: T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 11:29 am

Heavenly Blessings is there on T St.-the homeless shelter run by Pastor Renee, the ex madame and hooker. It's a horrible place but I guess it's better than nothing for them.

3T Street Filth Empty Re: T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 11:34 am

BigSail wrote:I just drove up to T street to drop off a contract. Sometimes I forget there are places that are worse than any third world country I have seen.

What's the answer?

Third world slums and slums in some huge countries are a completely different animal.

It's scarry how insulated and uninformed we americans can be.

4T Street Filth Empty Re: T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 11:38 am

PkrBum wrote:
BigSail wrote:I just drove up to T street to drop off a contract. Sometimes I forget there are places that are worse than any third world country I have seen.

What's the answer?

Third world slums and slums in some huge countries are a completely different animal.

It's scarry how insulated and uninformed we americans can be.

Your point is that there is a difference between dependency and poverty? No doubt. That is among the points I am trying to make.

(And I don't have any scars.... yet.)

5T Street Filth Empty Re: T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 11:43 am

Dreamsglore wrote:Heavenly Blessings is there on T St.-the homeless shelter run by Pastor Renee, the ex madame and hooker. It's a horrible place but I guess it's better than nothing for them.

Very good. I am probably among the tens of thousands in Pensacola who has never heard of Heavenly Blessings, let along the conditions in the worst part of the city. Most of the poverty remains invisible to most people.

I read up on Heavenly Blessings and the fire that hit the warehouse for donations a couple of years ago. When I go back tomorrow, I'll drop off a donation. Nothing better than grass roots efforts.

Appreciate the heads up.

6T Street Filth Empty Re: T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 11:54 am

BigSail wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Heavenly Blessings is there on T St.-the homeless shelter run by Pastor Renee, the ex madame and hooker. It's a horrible place but I guess it's better than nothing for them.

Very good. I am probably among the tens of thousands in Pensacola who has never heard of Heavenly Blessings, let along the conditions in the worst part of the city. Most of the poverty remains invisible to most people.

I read up on Heavenly Blessings and the fire that hit the warehouse for donations a couple of years ago. When I go back tomorrow, I'll drop off a donation. Nothing better than grass roots efforts.

Appreciate the heads up.

I have reservations about Heavenly Blessings from what the homeless tell me when they come in my office. The organization that really helps the poor and homeless is the Washburn Center on Murphy Lane run by St.Vincent de Paul. They give them sack lunches everyday and let them wash their clothes and take showers. They help them w/ ID's too. They are very good and do a good service for them.

7T Street Filth Empty Re: T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 12:03 pm

Ok, I'll stop by there instead. Thanks.

The only answer to digging this town out of poverty is employment and education. Helping people get IDs addresses is huge.

Maybe like that old slumlord movie, have our pretty mayor and the city and county commissioners eat their sack lunches in these parts of town and actually talk to people instead of gazing towards the $4M yachts at Jaco's every day might help too.

8T Street Filth Empty Re: T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 12:08 pm

WTF!!! This is News to You? You never read any of the posts I have written about the west side? Take ride down Lime street or Border street or maybe West Idlewood drive. We dont worry about stuff like that, we have concerts and and Ball Games to attend. Besides it is all their own damn fault. Move on along Nothing to see here...

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 11/12/2012, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

9T Street Filth Empty Re: T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 12:26 pm

Sorry, missed your posts. Will hit those streets too. Sure would be nice for the remaining skeleton crew at the PNJ to sit in their chairs all day reporting about infighting or yet another new city rebranding or $50K study being done to do some real reporting.

Novel, I know, but PNJ photographers could also try skipping yet another fake boob bikini contest and give us some corresponding photo journalism. (I can find a lot better bikini shots than the local meth strippers vying for $25 gift certificates anyway)....or some lawyer's trophy wife in bad jewelry and age-denying miniskirts.

10T Street Filth Empty Re: T Street Filth 11/12/2012, 1:40 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
BigSail wrote:

Appreciate the heads up.

I have reservations about Heavenly Blessings from what the homeless tell me when they come in my office. The organization that really helps the poor and homeless is the Washburn Center on Murphy Lane run by St.Vincent de Paul. They give them sack lunches everyday and let them wash their clothes and take showers. They help them w/ ID's too. They are very good and do a good service for them.

Great post for St. Vincent de Paul. This has always been one of my family's favorite charities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum