Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Died???

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who Died??? Empty Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 1:59 pm

This image is on Imgur this morning. Bunch of old farts. I'm glad that I'm not getting old like these dudes. Not a smile amongst them. Who died?

Who Died??? E1pi510

P.S. I read that Chevy Chase is a real jerk.

2Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 4:13 pm

Maybe they have a odd sense of humor like my oldest son. He has this thing when taking pics, he always makes a sad face.

kind of is remenisant of the old timey photos where they never smiled.

3Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 7:58 pm

Yomama wrote:

GEEZ! Some of the funniest men on the planet, and not a one of 'em can crack a smile for the camera. Whose funeral, huh??

I've read that Chevy Chase is a real jerk, too.

But who knows?? I've been called much worse at work and it never bothered me one bit. I've never been paid to make friends, and no one has *ever* criticized the quality of my work. It always bothered me when people (HR asshats) told me that I needed to make friends with my colleagues. "Uhh... no, I don't."

4Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 8:01 pm

riceme wrote:
Yomama wrote:

GEEZ! Some of the funniest men on the planet, and not a one of 'em can crack a smile for the camera. Whose funeral, huh??

I've read that Chevy Chase is a real jerk, too.

But who knows?? I've been called much worse at work and it never bothered me one bit. I've never been paid to make friends, and no one has *ever* criticized the quality of my work. It always bothered me when people (HR asshats) told me that I needed to make friends with my colleagues. "Uhh... no, I don't."

lol that was how it was for me before I came to the place im workin at now. My boss now tells me that if my employees like me, im not doing my job lol

took me a while to get used to that

5Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 8:18 pm

Rogue wrote:
lol that was how it was for me before I came to the place im workin at now. My boss now tells me that if my employees like me, im not doing my job lol

I work in a very male-dominated industry and have always been the only girl on the team, which is partially why I think I have been fortunate enough to only have had one manager who was an HR brown-noser who repeated to me -- AND wrote in my annual evaluation (!!) -- that I needed to "make friends with [my] colleagues and peers." He was a douchebag who didn't know anything about the business, what we or he was doing. All the other managers I've had fully supported me.

When one of the good ones left, his parting gift to me was a set of 2-inch ball bearings out of one of the parts I managed at the time. LOL.

Who Died??? Large_ball_bearings

6Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 8:21 pm

riceme wrote:
Rogue wrote:

I work in a very male-dominated industry and have always been the only girl on the team, which is partially why I think I have been fortunate enough to only have had one manager who was an HR brown-noser who repeated to me -- AND wrote in my annual evaluation (!!) -- that I needed to "make friends with [my] colleagues and peers." He was a douchebag who didn't know anything about the business, what we or he was doing. All the other managers I've had fully supported me.

When one of the good ones left, his parting gift to me was a set of 2-inch ball bearings out of one of the parts I managed at the time. LOL.

Who Died??? Large_ball_bearings

nice balls Embarassed

7Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 9:07 pm

You don't have to have personal friendships w/ your co-workers but most people work as a team on a job. We do in my job and it makes life a lot easier and a more healthy work environment. I would dread going to a job where my co-workers weren't friendly.

8Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 9:16 pm

riceme wrote:When one of the good ones left, his parting gift to me was a set of 2-inch ball bearings out of one of the parts I managed at the time. LOL.

My bride said a long time ago that her employees called her "that pushy bitch".

9Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 9:23 pm

Yomama wrote:
riceme wrote:When one of the good ones left, his parting gift to me was a set of 2-inch ball bearings out of one of the parts I managed at the time. LOL.

I expect that she was probably very effective at her job, and didn't take any bullshit off of anybody.

10Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 9:24 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Dreamsglore wrote:You don't have to have personal friendships w/ your co-workers but most people work as a team on a job. We do in my job and it makes life a lot easier and a more healthy work environment. I would dread going to a job where my co-workers weren't friendly.

That's a bit surprising, Dreams. Are they all Liberals?

11Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 11:08 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:You don't have to have personal friendships w/ your co-workers but most people work as a team on a job. We do in my job and it makes life a lot easier and a more healthy work environment. I would dread going to a job where my co-workers weren't friendly.

That's a bit surprising, Dreams. Are they all Liberals?

We don't discuss politics. It's not allowed. We have all have a common goal and team work is mandatory.They do not tolerate bickering or uncooperative personalities. It goes against our mission.

12Who Died??? Empty Re: Who Died??? 10/31/2012, 11:20 pm

riceme wrote:
Yomama wrote:

I expect that she was probably very effective at her job, and didn't take any bullshit off of anybody.

Her current job is manager over accounts payable for a large corporation. They pay out over $18 Billion annually. With 70 employees, she doesn't put up with crap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum