Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama voted against rape victim's rights in 1999

+2
boards of FL
Nekochan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/25/flashback-obama-broke-with-colleagues-voted-against-protecting-rape-victims-in-99-state-senate-vote/

War on women? Only in Barack's votes....

Nekochan

Nekochan

He voted against rape victims' privacy rights and he pays his female staff less than his male staff.

Sounds like the type of things the Taliban would do.

Obama has a war on women.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm a terrible reader. Can someone dumb this down for me? Here is what I need help with:

1) What is the bill in question.

2) How did Obama vote.

boards of FL wrote:I'm a terrible reader. Can someone dumb this down for me? Here is what I need help with:

2) How did Obama vote.

Here is some information you can look at boards:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_social_policy

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:I'm a terrible reader. Can someone dumb this down for me? Here is what I need help with:

2) How did Obama vote.

At least this story didn't come from The Blaze.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

oh my........

Good job. I dont think people can defend a voting record like this Smile

Rogue wrote:oh my........

Good job. I dont think people can defend a voting record like this Smile

Just a fair a balanced viewpoint. lol! lol! lol!

Nekochan wrote:He voted against rape victims' privacy rights and he pays his female staff less than his male staff.

Sounds like the type of things the Taliban would do.

Let's see some evidence for the pay statement,Neko.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

We don't know what the bill in question was, how it was worded, or what it contained. A vote of present is often a vote against a particular portion of a bill, and bills often have riders. So there's not enough information here to make a judgement, but when did that ever hold anyone back when it comes to criticizing the President.

Floridatexan wrote:
We don't know what the bill in question was, how it was worded, or what it contained. A vote of present is often a vote against a particular portion of a bill, and bills often have riders. So there's not enough information here to make a judgement, but when did that ever hold anyone back when it comes to criticizing the President.

Wow, all kinds of excuses. Obama voted against it because he felt that it's constitutionality was in question. Weak excuse though when 99 of your peers think otherwise.

You'd be denigrating any Republican for doing the same despite the riders. I can't imagine what rider in the most corrupt state senate across the US could make Obama not vote for it. He is a quid pro quo kind of dude.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

See, here's the problem. Those of us who support the president trust his judgment so, being one who supports him I would say a vote of present is not a vote for or a vote against. The article says he had considerations about the bill as to its constitutionality.

You guys are trying to make up for all the Republicans who are falling all over themselves today saying the teeny tiny govment they espouse should force rape victims to carry the fetus to term. Now that's something to be upset about.

what about a 12 year old girl who gets pregnant from a rape? Are they going to make her carry the fetus to term? This is just going way too far and those two or three undecided women voters are going to vote for Obama over this sort of thing.

Get the straight jackets ready, there are going to be some mighty surprised folks on this forum come Nov. 8th.

I won't bug them too much though because I know what a bad feeling it is to loose. (2000, 2004)

othershoe1030 wrote:See, here's the problem. Those of us who support the president trust his judgment so, being one who supports him I would say a vote of present is not a vote for or a vote against. The article says he had considerations about the bill as to its constitutionality.

You guys are trying to make up for all the Republicans who are falling all over themselves today saying the teeny tiny govment they espouse should force rape victims to carry the fetus to term. Now that's something to be upset about.

what about a 12 year old girl who gets pregnant from a rape? Are they going to make her carry the fetus to term? This is just going way too far and those two or three undecided women voters are going to vote for Obama over this sort of thing.

Get the straight jackets ready, there are going to be some mighty surprised folks on this forum come Nov. 8th.

I won't bug them too much though because I know what a bad feeling it is to loose. (2000, 2004)

voting present just shows he cant stand up for what is right. Your trying to change the topic from rape victim rights to which obama declined to defend to another politicians stance whom we really dont give a shit about.

nadalfan

So if it wasn't a constitutional issue, what was his motivation to vote that way?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum