Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama’s Forgotten Victims

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 9:35 am

So where are the hypocrites on here who scream that Bush is a "war criminal" when BHO has blood on his hands too. Perhaps you unenlightened libertards will realize war is a deadly business - regardless of who the Pres happens to be. Unless BHO gets another free pass......yea, that's how it will be. Hypocrites.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — WHEN Barack Obama ran for president of the United States in 2008, his message of hope and change gave us, the citizens of lesser republics, hope that he would close Guantánamo and shut down programs where extrajudicial killing or bribing foreign heads of state with American taxpayer dollars had become standard practice.
Instead, a few days after his inaugural address, a C.I.A.-operated drone dropped Hellfire missiles on Fahim Qureishi’s home in North Waziristan, killing seven of his family members and severely injuring Fahim. He was just 13 years old and left with only one eye, and shrapnel in his stomach.

There was no militant present. A recent book revealed that Mr. Obama was informed about the erroneous target but still did not offer any form of redress, because in 2009, the United States did not acknowledge the existence of its own drone program in Pakistan.

Sadaullah Wazir was another victim of hope and change. His house in North Waziristan was targeted on Sept. 7, 2009. The strike killed four members of his family. Sadaullah was 14 years old when it happened. A few days after the attack, he woke up in a Peshawar hospital to the news that both of his legs had to be amputated and he would never be able to walk again. He died last year, without receiving justice or even an apology. Once again, no militant was present or killed.

Mr. Obama is scheduled to deliver a major speech on drones at the National Defense University today. He is likely to tell his fellow Americans that drones are precise and effective at killing militants.

But his words will be little consolation for 8-year-old Nabila, who, on Oct. 24, had just returned from school and was playing in a field outside her house with her siblings and cousins while her grandmother picked flowers. At 2:30 p.m., a Hellfire missile came out of the sky and struck right in front of Nabila. Her grandmother was badly burned and succumbed to her injuries; Nabila survived with severe burns and shrapnel wounds in her shoulder.

Rest of story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/opinion/the-forgotten-victims-of-obamas-drone-war.html?hp&_r=0

2Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 9:41 am

nochain wrote:So where are the hypocrites on here who scream that Bush is a "war criminal" when BHO has blood on his hands too. Perhaps you unenlightened libertards will realize war is a deadly business - regardless of who the Pres happens to be. Unless BHO gets another free pass......yea, that's how it will be. Hypocrites.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — WHEN Barack Obama ran for president of the United States in 2008, his message of hope and change gave us, the citizens of lesser republics, hope that he would close Guantánamo and shut down programs where extrajudicial killing or bribing foreign heads of state with American taxpayer dollars had become standard practice.
Instead, a few days after his inaugural address, a C.I.A.-operated drone dropped Hellfire missiles on Fahim Qureishi’s home in North Waziristan, killing seven of his family members and severely injuring Fahim. He was just 13 years old and left with only one eye, and shrapnel in his stomach.

There was no militant present. A recent book revealed that Mr. Obama was informed about the erroneous target but still did not offer any form of redress, because in 2009, the United States did not acknowledge the existence of its own drone program in Pakistan.

Sadaullah Wazir was another victim of hope and change. His house in North Waziristan was targeted on Sept. 7, 2009. The strike killed four members of his family. Sadaullah was 14 years old when it happened. A few days after the attack, he woke up in a Peshawar hospital to the news that both of his legs had to be amputated and he would never be able to walk again. He died last year, without receiving justice or even an apology. Once again, no militant was present or killed.

Mr. Obama is scheduled to deliver a major speech on drones at the National Defense University today. He is likely to tell his fellow Americans that drones are precise and effective at killing militants.

But his words will be little consolation for 8-year-old Nabila, who, on Oct. 24, had just returned from school and was playing in a field outside her house with her siblings and cousins while her grandmother picked flowers. At 2:30 p.m., a Hellfire missile came out of the sky and struck right in front of Nabila. Her grandmother was badly burned and succumbed to her injuries; Nabila survived with severe burns and shrapnel wounds in her shoulder.

Rest of story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/opinion/the-forgotten-victims-of-obamas-drone-war.html?hp&_r=0

Tea Party members....conservatives...and all that disagree with the cowh better be concerned as he wants to expand the drone technology to domestic usage...Strange though all that expressed outrage and condemned the Bush Admin have been so quiet now that the cowh has continued and expanded these actions that made others to be labeled as 'war criminals'....FYI...the cowh spoke recently about his intentions to close Gitmo...he may be waiting to see the news announcing that it's been closed before he knows anything about it....

3Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 10:04 am

I see contradictions... why is there such a big push to try foreign terrorists (including benghazi actors)... but no qualms about killing american citizens? I can see the rational to target Al aliqui (sp) as his radicalization of the weak minded is well documented... but his son was apparently killed by drone while sitting in a cafe... was he a known terrorist? Was it just his association? It's one thing if he was on a battlefield or known to be active... but I haven't heard that. Was there any due process? Again... why extend our civil rights to foreign terrorists... but skip those rights for others including united states citizens?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/politics/drone-strikes-americans/index.html

4Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 12:30 pm

PkrBum wrote:I see contradictions... why is there such a big push to try foreign terrorists (including benghazi actors)... but no qualms about killing american citizens? I can see the rational to target Al aliqui (sp) as his radicalization of the weak minded is well documented... but his son was apparently killed by drone while sitting in a cafe... was he a known terrorist? Was it just his association? It's one thing if he was on a battlefield or known to be active... but I haven't heard that. Was there any due process? Again... why extend our civil rights to foreign terrorists... but skip those rights for others including united states citizens?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/politics/drone-strikes-americans/index.html

The duplicity of this administration is astounding. There would be no point in asking anyone from the administration about this duplicity - they would plead ignorance of the operation or rationale behind it.

I have no issue with whacking known terrorists wherever they can be found however the weak point with drones, and Hellfire missiles in particular, is the "overkill" factor. Shooting a missile at a cafe is a wee bit of overkill. More intelligence assets on the ground is required. If a known terrorist is captured treat them the same way they treat captives (even noncombatants), kill them on the spot and leave them where they fall. No trial required.

5Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 12:56 pm

Sal

Sal

There have been complaints about the drone strikes from both the left and the right ...

... from the left because its a troubling overreach of Presidential authority ...

... from the right because the President is Obama.

6Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 1:00 pm

cool1

cool1

kill them on the spot and leave them where they fall. No trial required

I like that notion ---They do that to us , They could care less -They would cut our heads off just like that and leave us.

7Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 1:02 pm

Sal wrote:There have been complaints about the drone strikes from both the left and the right ...

... from the left because its a troubling overreach of Presidential authority ...

Ummm... who's presidential authority overreach does the left find troubling? Gawd you're an ideologue.

I find that overreach extending over a century... and certainly speeding up over the last dozen years.

8Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 1:09 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:There have been complaints about the drone strikes from both the left and the right ...

Ummm... who's presidential authority overreach does the left find troubling? Gawd you're an ideologue.

I find that overreach extending over a century... and certainly speeding up over the last dozen years.

Perhaps so.

But when talking about this specific Presidential overreach, authority was granted on 09/14/2001.

And, most right wing ideologues didn't give a rat's ass until 01/20/2009.

9Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 1:56 pm

[quote="Sal"][quote="PkrBum"]
Sal wrote:T

And most left wingers don't give a hoot about what has happened after that very same date but they sure burn up their craniums screeching about events prior to it......

10Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 2:14 pm

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:
And most left wingers don't give a hoot about what has happened after that very same date but they sure burn up their craniums screeching about events prior to it......

Pure, unmitigated, BS.

You can take your happy ass over to any of the major progressive political blogs and search for the terms "Obama" and "drone program", and you'll get literally thousands of discussions ...

... none of which will be complimentary.

11Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 4:53 pm

[quote="nochain"][quote="Sal"]
PkrBum wrote:

My drone is looking for you.

12Obama’s Forgotten Victims Empty Re: Obama’s Forgotten Victims 5/23/2013, 7:44 pm

[quote="Red Kneckerson"][quote="nochain"]
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

My drone is looking for you.

Just wanted to make it clear that I didn't say the above... must've been a quote glitch. I don't necessarily disagree tho.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum