Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welfare government’s single largest budget item in FY 2011 at approx. $1.03 trillion

+3
othershoe1030
TEOTWAWKI
stormwatch89
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Here's the numbers from the government's own site. This does not seem to reflect the "information" posted in this thread.

Welfare government’s single largest budget item in FY 2011 at approx. $1.03 trillion   - Page 2 Usgs_l10

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/spending_chart_1997_2017USb_40t

You didn't include MILITARY WELFARE...you see in my opinion anything that takes from the tax payer and returns nothing is welfare, Sure I know the military pays taxes but not in near the proportion of what they take and waste in the pursuit of the ethereal Taliban.

Production not destruction builds a countries wealth.

I agree with your statement to a certain extent. The MIC as well as unnecessary and indefensible tax breaks to (for example) big profitable oil companies and agri-businesses should also be included.

What most people think of as welfare, as some on the forum have pointed out is now restricted by a five year limit. I personally would rather see tax dollars going to help families stay in housing rather than resorting to living in their cars. Children need a stable home if at all possible.

The oil executives are making money hand over fist and surely don't need tax support.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Here's the numbers from the government's own site. This does not seem to reflect the "information" posted in this thread.

Welfare government’s single largest budget item in FY 2011 at approx. $1.03 trillion   - Page 2 Usgs_l10

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/spending_chart_1997_2017USb_40t

That isn't a govt site... It compiles govt data. I'm not saying it isn't accurate... Just that it is using govt numbers. Whether the data in is accurate might be the question.

From the FAQ's on the site:

How We Got the Data for usgovernmentspending.com
THE government spending tables on this site aggregate all government spending in the United States of America by fiscal year organized by government function.
Most of the data is actual government spending as reported by the Office of Management and Budget or the United States Census Bureau. But there is also interpolated data for the years not covered by the data sources. In addition, we have included budgeted and estimated spending as well. We have used color and italics to tell you the source of each item of spending.
Here is the key:
Actual reported government spending is shown in blue text
Interpolated data filling in for missing years in the source records is shown in blue italic text
Budgeted spending is shown in normal text
Estimated spending is shown in italic text
“Guesstimated” spending, i.e. future state and local spending projected by usgovernmentspending.com, is shown in red italic text

othershoe1030 wrote:

I agree with your statement to a certain extent. The MIC as well as unnecessary and indefensible tax breaks to (for example) big profitable oil companies and agri-businesses should also be included.

What most people think of as welfare, as some on the forum have pointed out is now restricted by a five year limit. I personally would rather see tax dollars going to help families stay in housing rather than resorting to living in their cars. Children need a stable home if at all possible.

The oil executives are making money hand over fist and surely don't need tax support.

Being a non knowledgeable football fan I didn't know the NFL was a non profit organization. That is a load of shit, how in the hell can they make 9 Billion in a year and be considered non profit.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Wouldn't anything beyond 2012 be considered government projections?[/quote]

Yes, that's what the blue and red stands for. (see chart key)[/quote]

I don't understand your point in posting it, OS.

It contradicts what you're trying to say, I think. Unless you consider projections reality.

Where are the govt numbers that include the federal reserve activities?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

If you go to this site, the Office of Management and Budget, you can go to talbe 4.1, expenditures by government agency and see the numbers for the Dept. of Health and Human Services which shows the actual numbers for historic spending as well as projections.
We have not yet spent a trillion per year on welfare but are projected to do so.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals

no stress

no stress

We'd better keep on giving them those Food debit cards...dont want this to happen

Obama supporters voice desire to kill Romney over fears food stamps will be taken away

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 17, 2012

Despite numerous media outlets attempting to downplay the issue, Twitter exploded last night following the debate with new threats from Obama supporters to assassinate Mitt Romney if he defeats Obama in the presidential race.

As we reported yesterday, in addition to threats by Obama supporters to riot if Romney wins, innumerable Twitter users are also making direct death threats against Romney.

The primary reason given for Obama supporters wanting to see Romney dead is the fear that he will take away food stamps.

If the tables were turned and conservatives were making death threats against Obama in these numbers, it would be a national news story. Indeed, the mere act of hanging empty chairs from trees as a reference to Clint Eastwood’s RNC speech was hyped by the media as a deadly sign that conservatives were out to lynch black people if Obama won.

However, the major networks have remained completely silent on the disturbing trend of Obama supporters threatening to resort to violence if their candidate fails to secure a second term.

Twitchy has compiled a laundry list of assassination threats by Obama supporters made during and after the debate, and more continued to flood in this morning, including the following;

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

alecto wrote:

Being a non knowledgeable football fan I didn't know the NFL was a non profit organization. That is a load of shit, how in the hell can they make 9 Billion in a year and be considered non profit.

Exactly what are you talking about?

no stress

no stress

othershoe1030 wrote:
alecto wrote:

NFL getting welfare maybe? Its conceivable at present.

othershoe1030 wrote:
alecto wrote:

Tom Coburns report on wasteful government spending, Love this guy.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t3219-senator-tom-coburn-s-names-congress-in-wasteful-spending-report-who-knew-the-nfl-was-non-profit

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

stormwatch89 wrote:Wouldn't anything beyond 2012 be considered government projections?

Yes, that's what the blue and red stands for. (see chart key)

stormwatch89 wrote:I don't understand your point in posting it, OS.

It contradicts what you're trying to say, I think. Unless you consider projections reality.

I posted it because the title of the thread claimed that the 2011 budget for welfare was over a trillion dollars and it is not true. I posted the actual figures.

Of course, like any normal person I consider projections to be projections, not reality. duh.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Gunz wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
alecto wrote:

Guess I'm not enough of a sports fan to get the meaning of this.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Gunz wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
alecto wrote:

Neither am I. Tom Coburns report sheds light on wasteful government spending and in the report it mentioned the NFL being a NON Profit organization (Like a Church). This entitles them to tons of tax loopholes. My argument was how in the hell is the NFL a Non Profit organization.

"Loopholes are part of the problem. The National Football League, for example, pulled in more than $9 billion last year, yet is technically a "non-profit" organization, costing the federal government tens of millions of dollars every year in lost revenue."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/wasteful-spending-tax-dollars-martian-menus-non-profit-105911755.html

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Along with not being a total sports person I'm also not an accountant so I'm not sure if "non-profit" means what it sounds like it means. I do recall hearing about special status for the professional sports teams that allows them to do things other groups can't do. I think some of that has to do with the anti-trust laws.

If you like that guys column, and I haven't looked at it here's another one. This guy wrote a book called Free Lunch about how various groups get into the treasury of the feds and the states and drain them nearly dry.

http://blogs.reuters.com/david-cay-johnston/

Margin Call

Margin Call

alecto wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Gunz wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
alecto wrote:

Neither am I. Tom Coburns report sheds light on wasteful government spending and in the report it mentioned the NFL being a NON Profit organization (Like a Church). This entitles them to tons of tax loopholes. My argument was how in the hell is the NFL a Non Profit organization.

"Loopholes are part of the problem. The National Football League, for example, pulled in more than $9 billion last year, yet is technically a "non-profit" organization, costing the federal government tens of millions of dollars every year in lost revenue."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/wasteful-spending-tax-dollars-martian-menus-non-profit-105911755.html

That $9billion figure seemed way off. Here is the summary from the NFL's IRS 990 filing:

Welfare government’s single largest budget item in FY 2011 at approx. $1.03 trillion   - Page 2 Captur12

They lost money, so they wouldn't be paying any income tax any way.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I posted it because the title of the thread claimed that the 2011 budget for welfare was over a trillion dollars and it is not true. I posted the actual figures.

Of course, like any normal person I consider projections to be projections, not reality. duh.
[/quote]

Gotcha. I misunderstood your point and was only looking at the increase.

Thanks.

Margin Call wrote:
That $9billion figure seemed way off. Here is the summary from the NFL's IRS 990 filing:

Welfare government’s single largest budget item in FY 2011 at approx. $1.03 trillion   - Page 2 Captur12

http://deadspin.com/5821386/audited-financials-operating-profit-for-nfl-ventures-lp-rose-from-999-million-to-13-billion-last-year

Margin Call

Margin Call

alecto wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

http://deadspin.com/5821386/audited-financials-operating-profit-for-nfl-ventures-lp-rose-from-999-million-to-13-billion-last-year

NFL Ventures LP is not the same as the NFL. NFL Ventures LP is a for-profit entity. The audited financials, which your link points to, shows income tax provisions in the Income statement. Partnerships also pass through tax liabilities to the individual tax return of each individual partner. The partners are the individual teams that are also for-profit entities.

The NFL is an association. It would be like adding up all the revenue for all the restaurants in Florida and calling that the revenue of the non-profit Florida Restaurant Association.

Margin Call wrote:
alecto wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

NFL Ventures LP is not the same as the NFL. NFL Ventures LP is a for-profit entity. The audited financials, which your link points to, shows income tax provisions in the Income statement. Partnerships also pass through tax liabilities to the individual tax return of each individual partner. The partners are the individual teams that are also for-profit entities.

The NFL is an association. It would be like adding up all the revenue for all the restaurants in Florida and calling that the revenue of the non-profit Florida Restaurant Association.

That makes sense, Thanks.

Margin Call

Margin Call

stormwatch89 wrote:
alecto wrote:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/18/report-welfare-governments-single-largest-budget-item-in-fy-2011-at-approx-1-03-trillion/

Up 32% in 4 years? Bound to have an impact on the vote as those dependent on government would theoretically prefer more government.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/18/welfare-spending-jumps-32-percent-four-years/

Excluding the stimulus, up 16%.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
alecto wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Glad you all can blame Obama for it all....The Neocons get off scott free even though they have spent trillions fighting an almost nonexistent enemy... A few thousand at most, Taliban have helped bankrupt this country...so who's the fools ?

Hold it! Who said it's all Obama's fault?

It's a National Issue for all of us who pay taxes.

Precisely, Bush jacked it up, Obama was hired to fix it and only made it worse.

What will happen when we have more people living off of government than we have people paying taxes?

That's easy..what is happening RIGHT NOW the Fed is printing debt and driving us deeper into poverty and eating out the middle class. It is all a well planned CONSPIRACY to own this country for worthless joke dollars and add it to the conquests of the New World Order...or Technocratic Bankers...i.e. the elite..aka your new lord and masters that will have the power of life and death over you and your children from here on out...suckers...

All the arguments Teo makes on this tread are 100% accurate. There are two sides to the spending argument and both are wrong. Both the Republican and Democratric parties are Big Goverment Establishment parties. Both are strongly beholden to the current system we have in place. The Republican Party only wants to tear down the Democratic side of Big Government--they want to keep the security state and big defense spending right where it is, if not greatly increase it (Romney wants a much bigger defense budget than the bloated one whe have now). The Democrats want to keep the welfare state and its Big Government programs in place, and instead tear down the Republican side.

The whole festering mess needs to be torn down! As it stands neither of the two mainstream candidates will do anything to reduce the current deficit one penny, if elected. This is because neither of them will be willing to make the hard choices to take down BOTH SIDES of this stupid argument. To get the deficit down, it all must come down, not just one side or the other.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
All the arguments Teo makes on this tread are 100% accurate. There are two sides to the spending argument and both are wrong. Both the Republican and Democratric parties are Big Goverment Establishment parties. Both are strongly beholden to the current system we have in place. The Republican Party only wants to tear down the Democratic side of Big Government--they want to keep the security state and big defense spending right where it is, if not greatly increase it (Romney wants a much bigger defense budget than the bloated one whe have now). The Democrats want to keep the welfare state and its Big Government programs in place, and instead tear down the Republican side.

The whole festering mess needs to be torn down! As it stands neither of the two mainstream candidates will do anything to reduce the current deficit one penny, if elected. This is because neither of them will be willing to make the hard choices to take down BOTH SIDES of this stupid argument. To get the deficit down, it all must come down, not just one side or the other.

Good post Z, I couldn't agree more.

Except that z usually defends the liberal/progressive side.

[quote=\"TEOTWAWKI\"][quote=\"alecto\"][quote=\"stormwatch89\"][quote=\"TEOTWAWKI\"]Glad you all can blame Obama for it all....The Neocons get off scott free even though they have spent trillions fighting an almost nonexistent enemy... A few thousand at most, Taliban have helped bankrupt this country...so who\'s the fools ?[/quote]

Hold it! Who said it\'s all Obama\'s fault?

It\'s a National Issue for all of us who pay taxes.[/quote]

Precisely, Bush jacked it up, Obama was hired to fix it and only made it worse.

What will happen when we have more people living off of government than we have people paying taxes?[/quote]

That\'s easy..what is happening RIGHT NOW the Fed is printing debt and driving us deeper into poverty and eating out the middle class. It is all a well planned CONSPIRACY to own this country for worthless joke dollars and add it to the conquests of the New World Order...or Technocratic Bankers...i.e. the elite..aka your new lord and masters that will have the power of life and death over you and your children from here on out...suckers...[/quote]

first i get screwed, now im getting eat out.

you think this would feel a little better....

<couldnt help myself>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum