Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sad news to report

+2
Telstar
RealLindaL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sad news to report Empty Sad news to report 9/25/2022, 10:11 pm

RealLindaL

Hate to advise that my husband died Friday after a months-long battle against kidney disease and other ailments that his 84-year-old body just could not overcome, despite his desire to fight.  He was a trooper, but was suffering mightily; we had to let him go.  We had just moved to Gulf Breeze in early September and, since I spent basically 24-7 at his hospital bedside, very little has gotten done here and I'm surrounded by boxes, not to mention the usual onerous tasks following a death.  Fortunately my husband's son is en route from Charlotte and will be a good help and support for a few days.
Hug your spouse or partner and realize nothing gold can stay.  My former happy life is now over.
Sorry I haven't checked in for some time, but you can understand why. Hope everyone is well. Glad Storm Ian is apparently headed elsewhere.

2Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 9/26/2022, 7:42 am

Telstar

Telstar

Sad news to report Words-10

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

3Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 9/26/2022, 8:36 am

zsomething

Damn. Very, very sorry to hear this. Of all the ways to lose someone, death is the kindest... but that still doesn't make it kind. I know you did well by him and it'll be a comfort to know that he's out of pain and suffering, but still, it's one of the hardest things, and I'm sorry you're going through it. Stay strong and let time help take the pain away... time's about the only thing that does. All my condolences to you and to his son.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

4Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 9/27/2022, 8:38 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You've been on my mind, Linda.  Now I know the reason.  May the Holy Spirit descend upon you and give you peace and the strength to get through this trial.

Sad news to report 38720040-holy-spirit-bird-white-dove-flies-in-blue-sky-bright-light-shines-from-heaven

Telstar and zsomething like this post

5Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 9/27/2022, 5:19 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Terrible news. Very sorry for your loss.

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

6Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 9/28/2022, 8:02 pm

RealLindaL

Thanks so much to everyone for your kind and empathetic condolences. Life plainly sucks right now and I can't see my way to the future; can only hope time does somehow make it all easier, if never, ever as wonderful as before.

7Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 9/29/2022, 11:49 am

Sal

Sal

That’s rough.

My condolences on your loss, Linda.

Wishing you peace and comfort.

8Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 9/29/2022, 1:51 pm

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:Thanks so much to everyone for your kind and empathetic condolences.   Life plainly sucks right now and I can't see my way to the future; can only hope time does somehow make it all easier, if never, ever as wonderful as before.

In the meantime, try to stay busy with things. See some friends you like, go out to the movies or take a vacation, do some things you like doing. While grieving it sometimes seems wrong to ever be happy, but you being happy is everything your husband would want. So let yourself enjoy anything you can, and help time to pass. It does make it easier. In the meantime, take care of yourself.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

9Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 10/1/2022, 1:26 am

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:That’s rough.

My condolences on your loss, Linda.

Wishing you peace and comfort.  

Thanks, Sal. Rough is the word.

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

10Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 10/1/2022, 1:34 am

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Thanks so much to everyone for your kind and empathetic condolences.   Life plainly sucks right now and I can't see my way to the future; can only hope time does somehow make it all easier, if never, ever as wonderful as before.

In the meantime, try to stay busy with things.  See some friends you like, go out to the movies or take a vacation, do some things you like doing.  While grieving it sometimes seems wrong to ever be happy, but you being happy is everything your husband would want.  So let yourself enjoy anything you can, and help time to pass.  It does make it easier.  In the meantime, take care of yourself.

Thanks for your advice. Right now I'm busy all day either unpacking boxes/arranging the new house or making some of the many necessary phone calls. Trying to eat something but you're right that there's survivor guilt in being able to enjoy something as simple as eating. Am staying up later tonight in the hopes I can sleep better than I have been. Pretty lonely in this house, too big for me, but here I am for a while at least. Will attempt to make new friends in the neighborhood (the beach was not a "friends" place; mostly vacation rentals around us so I have no area support group), but am not ready for that yet. Have no desire whatsoever to go to a movie (nor eat in a restaurant) alone, and vacation is out of the question - too much to attend to. Fortunately had a several day visit from my stepson this past week, and my son will visit in October.

Floridatexan, Telstar, PkrBum and zsomething like this post

11Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 11/20/2022, 10:18 am

Telstar

Telstar

I hope these songs can in some small way ease the pain.

Floridatexan likes this post

12Sad news to report Empty Re: Sad news to report 11/27/2022, 2:04 am

RealLindaL

[quote="Telstar"]I hope these songs can in some small way ease the pain.

Thanks, Tel. I haven't been back here for a while nor have I had a chance to listen to these songs, and honestly I'm a little afraid to. Most music people suggest for me is either religious or mystical (which I'm not) or just too sad/tear-producing.

In any event I appreciate your thinking of me still. Have gotten a lot of the hard work out of the way and now just live with loneliness and heartache.

I'm glad everyone is still here.

Telstar and zsomething like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum