Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Judge demands unredacted Mueller report, questions Barr's 'credibility'

+3
Telstar
PkrBum
Floridatexan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the Department of Justice to hand over to him a copy of the unredacted Mueller report and accused Attorney General William Barr of misrepresenting its findings in the days before it was submitted to Congress last year.

Judge Reggie B. Walton, a federal district court judge in Washington, said that he could not reconcile Barr's public comments in April 2019 about the report with the actual findings that former special counsel Robert Mueller outlined.

"The inconsistencies between Attorney General Barr’s statements, made at a time when the public did not have access to the redacted version of the Mueller Report to assess the veracity of his statements, and portions of the redacted version of the Mueller Report that conflict with those statements cause the Court to seriously question whether Attorney General Barr made a calculated attempt to influence public discourse about the Mueller Report in favor of President Trump despite certain findings in the redacted version of the Mueller Report to the contrary," Walton wrote in his decision.

"These circumstances generally, and Attorney General Barr’s lack of candor specifically, call into question Attorney General Barr’s credibility" as well as the DOJ's arguments in a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, Walton added.

The judge, who was appointed to the court by former President George W. Bush, said he would review the full report to determine whether the redactions made by the DOJ are subject to a FOIA request.

Walton is presiding over a pair of consolidated FOIA lawsuits brought by Buzzfeed journalist Jason Leopold and the nonprofit Electronic Privacy Information Center.

He ordered the DOJ to hand over the unredacted report by March 30.

Developing...

(full ruling)

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/486219-judge-orders-doj-to-hand-over-unredacted-mueller-report

PkrBum

PkrBum

You're scary dumb. Charlie Brown kicking football dumb. Seek help.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Their are piles of shit inside of toilet bowls that are worth more than me.

Judge demands unredacted Mueller report, questions Barr's 'credibility' Pkr_bu22

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
A federal judge on Thursday ordered the Department of Justice to hand over to him a copy of the unredacted Mueller report and accused Attorney General William Barr of misrepresenting its findings in the days before it was submitted to Congress last year.

About damned time the whole house of cards came tumbling down.

zsomething

Cool deal. Barr's a chronic liar, so seeing the whole thing might show a few people the truth. Most conservatives will just keep believing the lie, though... lies are the only thing that gets them through their day.

I think this whole administration is about to get stacked into the wall anyway, because something real nasty's happening to the economy. Between the pandemic fears (and Trump's idiotic misinformation, which is making it clear we have NO leadership whatsoever) and the Saudi/Russia oil price wars, it looks like the fit is about to hit the shan. This is why I never really look at my investments all that much... one day you think you're rich, the next day you panic. I'll worry more about 'em in 15 years or so when I have to cash things in... The good side is it'll make it easier to get that bungling incompetent idiot out of there, but, shit, what a price to pay.

Sal

Sal

zsomething wrote:
I think this whole administration is about to get stacked into the wall anyway, because something real nasty's happening to the economy.

Well, it took long enough.

Judge demands unredacted Mueller report, questions Barr's 'credibility' 91e8ce5253b8e5198b7386e5a697f43a

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Mueller Report, seems like a lifetime ago what with the stock market plunge and the pandemic, but who knows? If the voters can Remember long enough to Remember this in November then of course he will be gone. It is just so impossible to predict things, but, I really don't think there is much left for the Toddler to break! He's broken or in the process of breaking civil discourse, nearly every official protocol ever invented, the intelligence community, our relationship with our best allies, messed with the Paris Agreement by pulling out, ditto for the Iran nuclear deal and trade agreements and nights of pleasant dreams and sleep.

As Pelosi pointed out today he's currently, today, working to abolish what remains of the ACA even as what's left of the health care system is shown to be underfunded and inadequate.

As I said to the poll watcher as I fed my ballot into the scanner last Tuesday: I can't wait until November!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum