Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Articles of Impeachment

+5
othershoe1030
zsomething
Sal
PkrBum
Floridatexan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 9:16 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/24/democrats-investigation-might-do-more-hurt-biden-than-trump/

27Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 9:31 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:You'll wish that you'd have listened to Pelosi before long.

I can't wait for the whistleblower without direct knowledge to testify.

This one was in plain sight, confirmed by both the perp and his erstwhile attorney.

Oh, and BTW, there were several conversations over a period of months, so one transcript of one call won't do it.

28Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 11:20 am

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:"Well, I was, not I, but it just happened to be that was the assignment I got. I got all the good ones. And so I got Ukraine. And I remember going over convincing our team, our, others to convincing that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, try to guess the 12th, 13th time to Kiev, and I was going to, supposed to announce that there was another billion dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor, and they didn’t. So they said they had, they were walking out to a press conference, and I said no, I said I’m not going to, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said. I said call him. I said I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said you’re not getting the billion, and I’m going to be leaving here, and I think it was what, six hours. I looked. I said I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. He got fired." Biden

See if you can spot the difference, Skippy ...

Donald Trump was strong arming the Ukrainian government to investigate a domestic political foe on a bogus conspiracy for personal gain.

Joe Biden was pressuring the Ukrainian government to root out corruption in their own country and bring about democratic reforms.

Did ya see it??

Sorry, but your bucket is bone-dry, Gunga Din.

29Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 11:43 am

Sal

Sal

“We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps,” Zelensky said. “Specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.”

Trump immediately replied: “I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it.”

“I would like you to find out about what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine.”

Quid ...

... pro ...

... quo.

And, we haven't even seen the complaint or heard from the whistleblower yet.

30Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 11:53 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sooo... a Democrat vp actually extorting Ukraine is all good.

But a pub potus asking that it be investigated is the crime... lol.

Listen to yourself.

31Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 12:02 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Sooo... a Democrat vp actually extorting Ukraine is all good.

Listen to yourself.

I knew that was going to be over your head.

Here, let me dumb it down some more for ya ...

PRESSURING A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT TO INTERFERE ON YOUR BEHALF IN DOMESTIC ELECTIONS = VERY BAD.

PRESSURING A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT TO INVESTIGATE CROOKS = GOOD.

See if you can rustle up a third grader to read that and explain it to you.

You're welcome.

32Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 12:13 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sal wrote:

Listen to yourself.

I knew that was going to be over your head.

Here, let me dumb it down some more for ya ...

PRESSURING A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT TO INTERFERE ON YOUR BEHALF IN DOMESTIC ELECTIONS = VERY BAD.

See if you can rustle up a third grader to read that and explain it to you.

You're welcome.

Ummm... Biden pressured the Ukraine leadership to fire a persecutor that was investigating his son.

Read that slowly... then read it again. Then throw out your dnc narrative and try it one more time.

33Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 1:49 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

Ummm... Biden pressured the Ukraine leadership to fire a persecutor that was investigating  his son.

Read that slowly... then read it again. Then throw out your dnc narrative and try it one more time.

No, the prosecutor was fired because he refused to investigate corruption.

So by getting that prosecutor removed, Biden in fact made it more rather than less likely that the oligarch who employed his son would be subject to prosecution for corruption.

This nonsensical conspiracy theory was first promoted by the Epoch Times and Sputnik.

No surprise that you were duped yet again ...

... because you're an idiot.

34Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 2:27 pm

Sal

Sal

Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Captur37

35Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 4:54 pm

polecat

polecat

Trump Signs Executive Order Banning Whistles. - Andy Borowitz

So if I'm reading this right, it appears Giuliani fed Trump some absolutely bonkers Biden/Ukraine conspiracy theory and Trump just ran with it and now he's going to get impeached.
Best. Personal lawyer. Ever. - Rex Huppke

That transcript...
I feel like a smoking gun just fell out of Trump’s yoga pants. - The Hoarse Whisperer

Somewhere John Boehner is rocking in a hammock, stoned off his ass, laughing and laughing and laughing. - driftglass

36Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 4:54 pm

polecat

polecat

Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Downlo11

37Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 4:58 pm

polecat

polecat

Listen to yourself.

So why didn't trump bring this up last month or the month before that if it was so important? Why does he have his panties all in a knot now?

38Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 6:12 pm

RealLindaL

EVIDENCE?????????????????????

39Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/25/2019, 9:35 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The members of the intelligence committee in the House have gone into a secure room and read the whistleblower's report. Although they can't comment on its contents, the reactions of those interviewed when leaving that room are notable.

Adam Schiff says it is well written and includes corroborating evidence and names many people who also witnessed whatever the bad deeds are, people who can testify as to what was done.

Thursday should be quite exciting indeed. One especially exciting thing about the way this story is unfolding is that we've been stonewalled and slow-walked via the court system and so on, that when things are revealed on an hour by hour schedule, it is quite something!

At first I was very skeptical about the release of the notes of the conversation but the with all the damning comments they shared with us today, it is hard to complain. That's a switch. I'll bet djt is pissed at whoever gave him the idea to do that? Or does he actually think the conversation was "beautiful"?

As to rejection at the polls, I too would like to see that but if he's not on the ballot in 2020, there will be plenty of other R's to vote against!

40Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 3:46 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:

Do you people just not read or see anything that doesn't air on MSNBC or get printed by media matters?

"Well, I was, not I, but it just happened to be that was the assignment I got. I got all the good ones. And so I got Ukraine. And I remember going over convincing our team, our, others to convincing that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, try to guess the 12th, 13th time to Kiev, and I was going to, supposed to announce that there was another billion dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor, and they didn’t. So they said they had, they were walking out to a press conference, and I said no, I said I’m not going to, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said. I said call him. I said I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said you’re not getting the billion, and I’m going to be leaving here, and I think it was what, six hours. I looked. I said I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. He got fired." Biden

41Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 8:08 am

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

Do you people just not read or see anything that doesn't air on MSNBC or get printed by media matters?

"Well, I was, not I, but it just happened to be that was the assignment I got. I got all the good ones. And so I got Ukraine. And I remember going over convincing our team, our, others to convincing that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, try to guess the 12th, 13th time to Kiev, and I was going to, supposed to announce that there was another billion dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor, and they didn’t. So they said they had, they were walking out to a press conference, and I said no, I said I’m not going to, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said. I said call him. I said I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said you’re not getting the billion, and I’m going to be leaving here, and I think it was what, six hours. I looked. I said I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. He got fired." Biden

[cough] [cough]

Pity your dog or your Roomba wife can't explain this to you.

42Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 9:00 am

Sal

Sal

Just read the whistleblower's redacted complaint.

Trump, Pence, Barr, Giuliani, and Pompeo are all deeply implicated.

43Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 9:40 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Just reading the above paragraph without knowing the Context is the problem. Yes, Biden called for the firing of the prosecutor but the reason he did that is where the catch is. Trump threw that out knowing that it would sound bad and also knowing that very few people, especially supporters of his, would bother or listen to the explanation of their meaning.

The US was pushing Ukraine to clean up its corruption. The prosecutor in question here was not doing his job. He was not investigating any corruption that was rampant at that time. Now you can understand that Biden was pushing for more effective reform, not trying to cover up something. He's very good at the smoke and mirrors/deflection routine. He has been manipulating the news cycle like the reality show host he is.  

44Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 9:41 am

zsomething

Sal wrote:
[cough] [cough]

You're talking sense, but you're talking it to a stump. It's like showing a dog a card trick; no matter how good your skill, the damn thing's gonna ignore it and then crap on the rug.

Honestly, why are we even still talking to this shit-spout? Anybody really expecting Pkr to acknowledge facts or logic? He's has neither the courage, nor the intellectual capacity. He's just here to taunt because he hates his life and wants everybody else to be as miserable as he is.

I get it that you wanna squish him, it's a sane reaction to any repulsive thing, I slip about it enough myself. If he were a worthy opponent it could be fun, but jeez, even on a forum as small as this one, he can't be considered any kind of actual opposition. He's a fucking punching bag. As long as anybody's engaging him, Pkr's only going to keep deliberately misrepresenting that thing because that's what his brainwashing sources have trained him to think, and for all his talk about "objectivity," he has none. He doesn't even have the ability -- he's not a thinker, just a parrot. He's never had an original thought in his worthless burden-to-everyone-around-him life.

I mean, he actually thinks -- because he's been trained to by sources that know they're dealing with idiots who'll buy into any conspiracy theory to avoid facing simple truth -- that Biden is so stupid that he'd brag in public about doing something crooked. That makes more sense to his stumbling oxy-numbed dendrites than the truth about the situation... because the truth works against Pkr's Trump-defense rather than for it, and thus he can't be honest.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-25/here-s-what-we-know-about-joe-and-hunter-biden-in-ukraine

The U.S. sent a letter to Ukrainian prosecutors in December 2014 complaining that they weren’t assisting the U.K. authorities with their Zlochevsky investigation and warned of negative consequences if the lack of cooperation continued. In January 2015, the U.K. case collapsed and a court released the $23 million in seized funds.

The Ukrainians’ own inquiries into Zlochevsky expanded to include tax evasion and the awarding of gas licenses during his time as minister. Viktor Shokin, who served first as a deputy prosecutor and then as prosecutor general, handled at least some aspects of the investigation. But the cases languished under Shokin, according to Vitaliy Kasko, a former deputy prosecutor who worked with Shokin and who spoke with Bloomberg News this year. Kasko added that there was no U.S. pressure to end the inquiries.

U.S. officials continued to accuse the prosecutor general’s office of failing to fight corruption. In a September 2015 speech, the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine faulted the office for “subverting” the U.K. probe.
Vice President Biden’s Role in Ukraine

Joe Biden played a key role in U.S. diplomacy with Ukraine. He has said he made at least a dozen visits to Kyiv as vice president.

At one point, the U.S. threatened to withhold a $1 billion loan guarantee unless Shokin was removed from office. Biden delivered the message directly to Ukrainian officials. “If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,” he told them, according to an account of the conversation he gave at a 2018 conference. Shokin was ousted in March 2016, and the loan guarantee came through.

The U.S. push for Shokin’s dismissal wasn’t the vice president’s idea and filtered up from officials at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation. The International Monetary Fund was also faulting Ukraine for a failure to tackle corruption, and demonstrators on the streets of Kyiv were calling for Shokin’s ouster.

That's never gonna sink in for him because "Biden bad" is the outcome he must have, regardless of facts. He's been trained and is incapable of anything but repeating horseshit. It's all anybody's ever gonna get out of him.

And Biden may not be the nominee, anyway, so the whole thing's an exercise in right-wing wank.

45Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 9:53 am

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
Sal wrote:
[cough] [cough]

You're talking sense, but you're talking it to a stump.  It's like showing a dog a card trick;  no matter how good your skill, the damn thing's gonna ignore it and then crap on the rug.

Honestly, why are we even still talking to this shit-spout?   Anybody really expecting Pkr to acknowledge facts or logic?  He's has neither the courage, nor the intellectual capacity.  He's just here to taunt because he hates his life and wants everybody else to be as miserable as he is.

I get it that you wanna squish him, it's a sane reaction to any repulsive thing,  I slip about it enough myself.   If he were a worthy opponent it could be fun, but jeez, even on a forum as small as this one, he can't be considered any kind of actual opposition.  He's a fucking punching bag.  As long as anybody's engaging him, Pkr's only going to keep deliberately misrepresenting that thing because that's what his brainwashing sources have trained him to think, and for all his talk about "objectivity," he has none.  He doesn't even have the ability -- he's not a thinker, just a parrot.  He's never had an original thought in his worthless burden-to-everyone-around-him life.

I mean, he actually thinks -- because he's been trained to by sources that know they're dealing with idiots who'll buy into any conspiracy theory to avoid facing simple truth -- that Biden is so stupid that he'd brag in public about doing something crooked.  That makes more sense to his stumbling oxy-numbed dendrites than the truth about the situation... because the truth works against Pkr's Trump-defense rather than for it, and thus he can't be honest.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-25/here-s-what-we-know-about-joe-and-hunter-biden-in-ukraine

The U.S. sent a letter to Ukrainian prosecutors in December 2014 complaining that they weren’t assisting the U.K. authorities with their Zlochevsky investigation and warned of negative consequences if the lack of cooperation continued. In January 2015, the U.K. case collapsed and a court released the $23 million in seized funds.

The Ukrainians’ own inquiries into Zlochevsky expanded to include tax evasion and the awarding of gas licenses during his time as minister. Viktor Shokin, who served first as a deputy prosecutor and then as prosecutor general, handled at least some aspects of the investigation. But the cases languished under Shokin, according to Vitaliy Kasko, a former deputy prosecutor who worked with Shokin and who spoke with Bloomberg News this year. Kasko added that there was no U.S. pressure to end the inquiries.

U.S. officials continued to accuse the prosecutor general’s office of failing to fight corruption. In a September 2015 speech, the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine faulted the office for “subverting” the U.K. probe.
Vice President Biden’s Role in Ukraine

Joe Biden played a key role in U.S. diplomacy with Ukraine. He has said he made at least a dozen visits to Kyiv as vice president.

At one point, the U.S. threatened to withhold a $1 billion loan guarantee unless Shokin was removed from office. Biden delivered the message directly to Ukrainian officials. “If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,” he told them, according to an account of the conversation he gave at a 2018 conference. Shokin was ousted in March 2016, and the loan guarantee came through.

The U.S. push for Shokin’s dismissal wasn’t the vice president’s idea and filtered up from officials at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation. The International Monetary Fund was also faulting Ukraine for a failure to tackle corruption, and demonstrators on the streets of Kyiv were calling for Shokin’s ouster.

That's never gonna sink in for him because "Biden bad" is the outcome he must have, regardless of facts.   He's been trained and is incapable of anything but repeating horseshit.  It's all anybody's ever gonna get out of him.

And Biden may not be the nominee, anyway, so the whole thing's an exercise in right-wing wank.

Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Picgif11

46Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 1:32 pm

polecat

polecat

Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Pardon11
Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Efrlf110
Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Eftzau10
Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Tippin10

47Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 4:18 pm

Sal

Sal

Hey, Look!

It's PkrDmb ...

Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Captur38

48Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 4:22 pm

zsomething

Ladies and gentlemen, this is obstruction of justice:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-seeks-whistleblower-sources-mentions-181748238.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump told staff from the U.S.
mission to the United Nations on Thursday he wanted to know who provided information to a whistleblower on his phone call with Ukraine's president, likening them to a spy, two newspapers reported.

"I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistle-blower the information because that’s close to a spy," Trump was quoted as saying by the New York Times and Los Angeles Times.

"You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now," the Los Angeles Times reported.

The implication is clearly "if you report on my wrongdoing, I'll have you killed."  

Also notice he called the guy a "spy," rather than a liar.   If someone accused me of something I didn't do, I'd be saying they lied.  Trump's mad at them for reporting something he did... hence, "spy."

I hope the dumbass keeps talking.  He's too stupid to help himself.  He was raised in a bubble of non-accountability, where he never had to be culpable for anything, and now that he's in a world not made up entirely of yes-men who are on his payroll, he's bewildered that his "magic" doesn't work.  Hope he keeps believing in his personal "magic," because he's burying himself... and all of the shit that supports him.  

Earlier today he put out a frantic all-caps tweet, which he later deleted.  O' course, someone saved a picture of it:

Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 EFaSLdmX4AAzFUi

I hope Republicans heed this and tie themselves to him. He's likening himself to the Republican party as a whole. What he is is a malignant tumor on that party, and they have stupidly -- led by their evangelical nitwits who think Trump will give them the theocracy they crave -- fought to preserve him. If they really cared about their party (I've long since given up on them actually giving a damn about the country) then they'd cut Trump off from the herd and let his presidency die. He's an abusive partner in his relationship with the GOP, because he's incapable of putting anyone else's needs above his own. He's a selfish bastard who'll sacrifice anyone just so he never has to shoulder any responsibility for what he does. And he can't stop being a criminal.

I don't trust Republicans to do the right thing anymore. Any conservatives with integrity have bailed on this schmuck a while back. But I do wonder if they'll be intelligent enough to still have a sense of self-preservation. Trump can either go down on his own, or he can take all his defenders with him. It's fine 'n' frickin' dandy with me if he drags down the entire rat's nest... but I just wonder if they'll actually be stupid enough to let him do it.

Right now they're like some battered wife screaming at the cops not to take their mean-ass husband to jail. And then a few months later that wife ends up dead and nobody's really surprised.

49Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 4:37 pm

Sal

Sal

zsomething wrote:

Also notice he called the guy a "spy," rather than a liar.   If someone accused me of something I didn't do, I'd be saying they lied.  Trump's mad at them for reporting something he did... hence, "spy."

Yep, then he went after the press ...

“You know, these animals in the press,” Trump went on. “They’re animals, some of the worst human beings you’ll ever meet.”

“They’re scum,” Trump continued. “Many of them are scum, and then you have some good reporters, but not many of them, I’ll be honest with you.”

So, basically he's mad as hell at anyone who tells the truth.

50Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment 9/26/2019, 8:35 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Truth? The complaint is a scondhand account "verified" by thirdhand media reports.

It's sounding more and more like the Steele dossier. With just as many empirical facts.

Not even a California court could use this shit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum