Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Post debate polls

+5
PkrBum
Telstar
Floridatexan
RealLindaL
bigdog
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/12/2019, 2:50 pm

bigdog

OH yeah, I forgot to mention that Maher has had a national TV show on some network or the other since at least 1992. It could have been longer than that, but that's as long as I've been watching him.

That's 27 years and he's still going strong on HBO. It might be some kind of a record.

I would SO love to be that" irrelevant."

52Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/12/2019, 5:31 pm

Vikingwoman

bigdog wrote:Yes, and I answered you in General discussion. I see you haven't responded yet. I pointed out to you that in that thread you decided to repost you just opened up the can of worms that was not supposed to be discussed on here.
I pointed out a post in that thread where Neko said I was angry with her because I just did not understand that everything she had done concerning the probate on her mom's estate was just perfectly fine and legal, and that I only imagined that she was being manipulative in the writing of the mortgage transfer. She said our lawyer could not have seen any problems at all with how the procedure was being done.

Then I pointed out that as of today, the piece of property that was being discussed way back then, in 2012, is still not in the name of the inheritors of Neko's mother's estate. It is now being handled by a court appointed guardian who is finally getting the paperwork straightened out, receiving the property back from its present holder who hasn't made a payment on it in 5 years, nor paid the taxes (my husband and I have), and then he will partition the property, the court will sell it, and the court will divide the money between Marie's husband, my husband, her surviving other brother, and the wife of her deceased brother. My husband and I have had significant legal bills, but we will be receiving most of that back when the property is sold. We will also get back the property taxes that we have been paying on the property for several years now so the land wouldn't be sold on the courthouse steps. None of the other siblings contributed at all to that. This would never have happened until and unless the decision was finally made to let my husband handle it LEGALLY through an attorney and the court system. And it has not happened yet, but when it does, you'll see it on the Clerk of the Court records. Right now, the guardian has just been appointed by the court. They would not have had to appoint a guardian except for the god-awful mess that was created by the mortgage deed as well as the probate. Our attorney at the time said it was screwed up royally, and either her lawyers were the stupidest attorneys in town or it was done intentionally.  
So, your friend did not tell you the truth Joanie.
She rarely did.
You'll never know how many times you were fed baloney by her and you swallowed it whole. No matter to me. It was still not all about the inheritance, though I know you think so.

JESUS CHRIST! Why the hell do you come on here starting your shit again, Cat? Nobody and I mean nobody who knew you and Neko ever believed you over her. You were and still are a pathological liar.

53Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/12/2019, 5:37 pm

Vikingwoman

bigdog wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:You signed your own name to the letter! It has been on this forum ever since.

In the back of the forum. I haven't said I was ashamed of the letter, have I. I would like to know exactly what you consider to be off limits on this forum though. When I first came on here, it was nothing to be talked about from the past, and I held to that. Then slowly but surely, FT pops up and claims we had some fight in the past about Trayvon Martin that sure as hell didn't happen. And Dreams shows up with her crap about polls and starts talking about stuff in the past. Did you delete her post when she said something about somebody reporting Neko for parental abuse?  Nobody ever did, by the way. But I'm pretty sure that was inflammatory and way, way back in the past. Yeah, I responded, but you've allowed it to continue because it's me being attacked and you like it. If you want to delete any posts I make about the past, I'd suggest you go back and delete all the posts that have anything to do with the old forum at all, including those where people are trying to figure out who is who and if Bill is Telstar and if somebody named BP was a sex pervert and who knows what else. But you won't do that, because you've secretly enjoyed the last few days. It's the kind of stuff gossips love best. But you could clean it all up, if you wanted to.

I showed up w/ my crap about polls? WTF!

54Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/12/2019, 7:19 pm

bigdog

You asked why my kids went to private schools, didn't you?

You heard that from somebody, right?

FYI FOOL, Two of my kids graduated from Tate High and one from Woodham High.

In Middle school, two of them attended Wedgewood Middle and were in the band there. My son attended Ransom Middle School, also a public school, for a special program there.

Two of my kids went to Lincoln Park Elementary and one to Bellview.

The ONLY private school I ever sent any of my kids to was Escambia Christian for my youngest daughter's kindergarten and first grade because her birthday is 7 days too late for her to start with the rest of the kids her age. She was more then ready for kindergarten, and if she went to a private school for 2 years she was then allowed to join her same aged kids when she started 2nd grade. As soon as she did, she left private school and went to a public school.

Your friend gave you incorrect information way back then, trying to claim I was a "closet racist" and you swallowed it whole. Racists didn't let their kids go to Wedgewood Middle School. All those are easily verifiable facts.

I don't particularly like putting this crap online Dreams, but YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION DIRECTLY as though you knew some secret answer I couldn't possibly reveal. Stop asking  if you don't want to learn how incredibly stupid your bunch  was.  You were used and you were suckers.
I'd stay out of the past if I were you.

I don't like talking about these things and I don't like talking down my SIL. I knew her, you didn't. I understood why she was the way she was. You never could have. Her situation made me way more sad than angry.
She was a much different person when she was young. We were very close at one time.
Why can't you leave it alone? I did, for weeks on here. And I'm willing to again, but not to keep reading this crap and not respond.

55Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/12/2019, 8:21 pm

bigdog

Dates Aug 9-12, 2019
Pollster Harris X
Sample 1,346
Biden 30%
Sanders 16%
Warren 10%
Harris 6%
Buttigieg 5%
O'Rourke 4%
Booker 2%
Klobuchar 1%
Yang 1%

That's what this thread is supposed to be about.

56Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/12/2019, 8:42 pm

Telstar

Telstar

I want to hear more about when the PNJ was shut down and the feud spread out into other Florida Gannett forums. I'm pretty sure paid Russian troll Markle was mostly on the Tallahassee forum before that. Maybe Putin knows what he's doing.

57Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/12/2019, 9:21 pm

bigdog

Well, I wish I could help you, but I never went to any other forums. I heard I had some people who pretended to be me. They weren't.

Was Markle definitely a Russian plant? That's interesting if it's so. He was very racist.

But that's going back to old times again.

58Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/12/2019, 10:14 pm

Vikingwoman

bigdog wrote:You asked why my kids went to private schools, didn't you?

You heard that from somebody, right?

FYI FOOL, Two of my kids graduated from Tate High and one from Woodham High.

In Middle school, two of them attended Wedgewood Middle and were in the band there. My son attended Ransom Middle School, also a public school, for a special program there.

Two of my kids went to Lincoln Park Elementary and one to Bellview.

The ONLY private school I ever sent any of my kids to was Escambia Christian for my youngest daughter's kindergarten and first grade because her birthday is 7 days too late for her to start with the rest of the kids her age. She was more then ready for kindergarten, and if she went to a private school for 2 years she was then allowed to join her same aged kids when she started 2nd grade. As soon as she did, she left private school and went to a public school.

Your friend gave you incorrect information way back then, trying to claim I was a "closet racist" and you swallowed it whole. Racists didn't let their kids go to Wedgewood Middle School. All those are easily verifiable facts.

I don't particularly like putting this crap online Dreams, but YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION DIRECTLY as though you knew some secret answer I couldn't possibly reveal. Stop asking  if you don't want to learn how incredibly stupid your bunch  was.  You were used and you were suckers.
I'd stay out of the past if I were you.

I don't like talking about these things and I don't like talking down my SIL. I knew her, you didn't. I understood why she was the way she was. You never could have. Her situation made me way more sad than angry.
She was a much different person when she was young. We were very close at one time.
Why can't you leave it alone? I did, for weeks on here. And I'm willing to again, but not to keep reading this crap and not respond.

WTH are you talking about? When did I ask why your kids went to private school? I don't give a shit which school they went to. I know you don't want to talk about your SIL because you treated her like crap and told a bunch of lies and she's dead now.

59Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/12/2019, 10:36 pm

bigdog

You asked me on another thread. You may have deleted it by now. That's how you work.

It doesn't matter. If you don't want to talk about my SIL, then shut the F--k up about the past. Because I don't want to talk about her either.
If you do continue to bring up things about the past though, I'd promise you  that I'm going to keep telling you things you don't want to hear.
Things just like I posted above that show that something you thought was true was totally not. It's a lot easier for me to remember the truth than it is to remember the stories somebody told you anyway.

Remembering things the way they actually happened is actually very easy. And NOBODY, not me or anybody, ever got by with treating my SIL like crap. She and I had a LOT in common. Nobody ever ran a train over either one of us.

Boy, are you proving you did not know Neko.

60Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/16/2019, 4:11 pm

Sal

Sal

Elizabeth Warren’s early investment in Iowa is paying off.

A new Iowa Starting Line-Change Research poll shows the senator opening up a commanding lead in the Iowa Caucus. Warren was the top pick of 28% of likely Iowa Caucus-goers in the poll, an 11-point lead over the nearest competitor. Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders were both tied for second with 17% each. Pete Buttigieg came in fourth at 13% and Kamala Harris has the backing of 8%.

The poll was conducted online August 9 to 11, right in the middle of peak Iowa State Fair campaigning, and surveyed 621 likely Democratic caucus-goers on questions related to the Democratic horserace. That part of the poll had a ±3.9% margin of error.

The horserace numbers reflect a shake-up that those of us on the ground in Iowa have been seeing for a while. It also shows significant movement from our last Starting Line-Change Research poll from May 15 to 19. Here’s where the top candidates stood in that poll, along with their movement since:

May Poll (change to August)
Joe Biden: 24% (-7)
Bernie Sanders: 24% (-7)
Pete Buttigieg: 14% (-1)
Elizabeth Warren: 12% (+16)
Kamala Harris: 10% (-2)
Beto O’Rourke: 5% (-2)

https://iowastartingline.com/2019/08/15/poll-elizabeth-warren-jumps-out-to-big-lead-in-the-iowa-caucus/

61Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/18/2019, 2:10 am

Telstar

Telstar

62Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/18/2019, 3:03 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Telstar wrote:

I enjoyed the video clip and got a new perspective on the race. Sure, I too like Warren, think she has a lot of good ideas. Reflecting on what was said on the clip about Obama in the '08 primary was that with less money and lower name recognition he beat out other candidates. Why? Because he grabbed people's imagination with a big picture, hopeful kind of campaign. He had our hearts, our emotional dedication to what he stood for.

My anxiety over Warren, and I haven't followed her speeches too closely, is that she is full of ideas and plans (head stuff) she knows the financial markets and structures inside and out and can't be fooled by any of their smoke and mirrors (more head stuff) but...can she somehow appeal to voters' emotions too? The bottom line, looking at truly how people decide who to vote for, is an emotional one.

Just look at DJT's totally BS emotional appeal to fake patriotism and fear. He's total emotion, ranting and raving. That, and the FaceBook/Russian trolls, adds etc. is how he "won". Now his disapproval ratings are through the roof, so there's that. But what is the cure?  

Another thing that troubles me about Warren is I think she's calling for (somehow) forgiving college debt and doing away with private health insurance? If that's so, I think those are not widely popular among mainstream voters?

63Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/18/2019, 3:18 pm

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:I enjoyed the video clip and got a new perspective on the race. Sure, I too like Warren, think she has a lot of good ideas. Reflecting on what was said on the clip about Obama in the '08 primary was that with less money and lower name recognition he beat out other candidates. Why? Because he grabbed people's imagination with a big picture, hopeful kind of campaign. He had our hearts, our emotional dedication to what he stood for.

My anxiety over Warren, and I haven't followed her speeches too closely, is that she is full of ideas and plans (head stuff) she knows the financial markets and structures inside and out and can't be fooled by any of their smoke and mirrors (more head stuff) but...can she somehow appeal to voters' emotions too? The bottom line, looking at truly how people decide who to vote for, is an emotional one.

Just look at DJT's totally BS emotional appeal to fake patriotism and fear. He's total emotion, ranting and raving. That, and the FaceBook/Russian trolls, adds etc. is how he "won". Now his disapproval ratings are through the roof, so there's that. But what is the cure?  

Another thing that troubles me about Warren is I think she's calling for (somehow) forgiving college debt and doing away with private health insurance? If that's so, I think those are not widely popular among mainstream voters?

I shared your concerns about her before I started to listen closely to what she is saying and how she is saying it.

My concerns are gone.

She's the real deal.

She draws enormous crowds and enormous ovations from those crowds. People see her and holler, unbidden, “Big Structural Change!”—the tagline for all her now-famous syllabus of plans. They chant, “Two cents!”, the amount of each dollar over $50 million she proposes to tax to finance the implementation of those plans. (This is reminiscent of the night at the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, when the crowd chanted, “Consumer Finance Protection Bureau,” at her, which was not an easy thing to chant.) And, in the polls, she can’t be said to have had a “moment” yet, but her rise has been steady, easing fears that she might be peaking too soon. She is now a solid second to Joe Biden, and it is still only August of 2019.

But the thing that’s sold Elizabeth Warren to Iowa is primarily Elizabeth Warren. None of the candidates seems to be having as much fun as she is. The endless selfies after speeches. The pinky-swears with young girls about how what girls do is run for president. Her willingness to hold town halls anywhere. That loose-limbed, almost goofy wave with which she steps onto every stage. In a gloomy political time, with a humorless sociopathic bully in the White House, and with all the worst impulses of the national Id come out to play, Senator Professor Warren is the campaign’s happy warrior, the teacher everybody hopes they get when school starts up again in the fall. People respond to the good feeling around her campaign as much as they respond to the blizzard of policy proposals that campaign has loosed upon the electorate.

And the people who come expecting a Dukakis or a Kerry come away happily surprised. And the people who come away expecting an ivory-tower Harvard lecturer leave feeling smarter, and experiencing the conquest of learning in a way they haven’t felt it since elementary school. None of this is to say what may happen when the guns really open up on her, but it is to say, for now, that Elizabeth Warren is running a campaign of hope and optimism and enthusiasm as surely as did Ronald Reagan, that ol’ Iowa radio guy, in 1980, and as surely as Barack Obama did in 2008.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a28669312/elizabeth-warren-iowa-state-fair/

RealLindaL

WASHINGTON (CNN)Joe Biden has expanded his edge over the Democratic field in a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS, with 29% of Democratic and Democratic-leaning registered voters saying they back the former vice president.  That's up 7 points compared with a late June CNN survey. No other candidate has made meaningful gains over that time.

The shift returns Biden to a double-digit lead over his nearest competitors, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders at 15% and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 14%. Their support is largely unchanged since earlier this summer.

Aside from Biden's increase, the only statistically meaningful change in the candidate standings is a 12-point decline in support for California Sen. Kamala Harris, who stood at 17% support in the June poll but now has the backing of 5% of potential Democratic voters. That's similar to the level of support she had in the spring before a surge following her initial debate performance.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/20/politics/cnn-poll-democrats-2020-biden-rebound/index.html

65Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/20/2019, 2:07 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I enjoyed the video clip and got a new perspective on the race. Sure, I too like Warren, think she has a lot of good ideas. Reflecting on what was said on the clip about Obama in the '08 primary was that with less money and lower name recognition he beat out other candidates. Why? Because he grabbed people's imagination with a big picture, hopeful kind of campaign. He had our hearts, our emotional dedication to what he stood for.

I shared your concerns about her before I started to listen closely to what she is saying and how she is saying it.

My concerns are gone.

She's the real deal.

She draws enormous crowds and enormous ovations from those crowds. People see her and holler, unbidden, “Big Structural Change!”—the tagline for all her now-famous syllabus of plans. They chant, “Two cents!”, the amount of each dollar over $50 million she proposes to tax to finance the implementation of those plans. (This is reminiscent of the night at the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, when the crowd chanted, “Consumer Finance Protection Bureau,” at her, which was not an easy thing to chant.) And, in the polls, she can’t be said to have had a “moment” yet, but her rise has been steady, easing fears that she might be peaking too soon. She is now a solid second to Joe Biden, and it is still only August of 2019.

But the thing that’s sold Elizabeth Warren to Iowa is primarily Elizabeth Warren. None of the candidates seems to be having as much fun as she is. The endless selfies after speeches. The pinky-swears with young girls about how what girls do is run for president. Her willingness to hold town halls anywhere. That loose-limbed, almost goofy wave with which she steps onto every stage. In a gloomy political time, with a humorless sociopathic bully in the White House, and with all the worst impulses of the national Id come out to play, Senator Professor Warren is the campaign’s happy warrior, the teacher everybody hopes they get when school starts up again in the fall. People respond to the good feeling around her campaign as much as they respond to the blizzard of policy proposals that campaign has loosed upon the electorate.

And the people who come expecting a Dukakis or a Kerry come away happily surprised. And the people who come away expecting an ivory-tower Harvard lecturer leave feeling smarter, and experiencing the conquest of learning in a way they haven’t felt it since elementary school. None of this is to say what may happen when the guns really open up on her, but it is to say, for now, that Elizabeth Warren is running a campaign of hope and optimism and enthusiasm as surely as did Ronald Reagan, that ol’ Iowa radio guy, in 1980, and as surely as Barack Obama did in 2008.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a28669312/elizabeth-warren-iowa-state-fair/

I take your observations to heart. I am glad to hear your thoughts. I will pay more attention to her speeches. She is pulling in large crowds and making the sociopath in chief, nervous, always a good sign. It is too early for me to throw more support to one candidate or another. There are so many moving parts! I could easily support her.

66Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/20/2019, 2:17 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:WASHINGTON (CNN)Joe Biden has expanded his edge over the Democratic field in a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS, with 29% of Democratic and Democratic-leaning registered voters saying they back the former vice president.  That's up 7 points compared with a late June CNN survey. No other candidate has made meaningful gains over that time.

The shift returns Biden to a double-digit lead over his nearest competitors, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders at 15% and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 14%. Their support is largely unchanged since earlier this summer.

Aside from Biden's increase, the only statistically meaningful change in the candidate standings is a 12-point decline in support for California Sen. Kamala Harris, who stood at 17% support in the June poll but now has the backing of 5% of potential Democratic voters. That's similar to the level of support she had in the spring before a surge following her initial debate performance.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/20/politics/cnn-poll-democrats-2020-biden-rebound/index.html

Yep, Biden continues to float atop the national polls almost entirely on name recognition.

29% isn't exactly intimidating tho, is it? The question is, is that his floor or his ceiling?

We'll see what happens when the field is whittled down a little more.

If Warren manages to win Iowa, all bets are off.

67Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/20/2019, 5:42 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Unlike you Jill, Democrats and real Americans don't have to "swallow" your husband. We still have other options. In fact at this stage of the game, Democrats and real Americans may be finding your husband "hard to swallow."

68Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/21/2019, 11:46 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Now Newark is dealing with apparently self-inflicted problems with lead in their drinking water. That should pretty much cook Booker's goose that had never taken off in the first place. Another one bites the dust.

69Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/26/2019, 2:32 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Biden praising some town in Vermont, when he was really in New Hampshire, is the kind of thing that is becoming harder to ignore. He was under no pressure. He just went out to make a statement, which wouldn't have been covered if he hadn't messed up. Then there's Jill's less than thrilling statement about how he can win, so that's enough, even if he's not perfect in some other way.

I for one have about had it with old white men who are confused. Enough muddling in the WH! I'm starting to lean toward Warren. I still like Mayor Pete and Amy Klobuchar and would entertain the idea of one of the others toward the bottom of the current polls, but I'm really tired of Bernie and Biden.

Biden's black voter support is also declining. Their support was one of his major positives.

The poll finds a virtual three-way tie among Sanders (20%), Warren (20%), and Biden (19%) in the presidential nomination preferences of registered Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters across the country. Compared to Monmouth’s June poll, these results represent an increase in support for both Sanders (up from 14%) and Warren (up from 15%), and a significant drop for Biden (down from 32%).

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_082619/

70Post debate polls - Page 3 Empty Re: Post debate polls 8/29/2019, 9:04 pm

Sal

Sal

Yikes ...

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-he-campaigns-for-president-joe-biden-tells-a-moving-but-false-war-story/2019/08/29/b5159676-c9aa-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum