Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SPOILER ALERT: Text of Michael Cohen's opening statement before the House Oversight Committee 2/27/19

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RealLindaL

Personally, I find it eminently credible.  And for those idiots like Sarah Sanders who apparently think (or, rather, want others to think) that Cohen would be stupid enough to lie to Congress yet again, when he's already going to jail for lying to that body, I say they're the ones who're dumb as a box of rocks.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/27/politics/cohen-testimony-read/index.html

Deus X

Deus X

THANKS for posting that!

"I never asked for, nor would I accept, a pardon from President Trump."  I don't think he has to worry about that!

zsomething

Can't watch it at the moment, but it sounds like Cohen's walloping Republicans pretty hard. It must be refreshing to no longer try to defend the indefensible. Smile Hopefully he'll take some people with him to prison.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:Can't watch it at the moment, but it sounds like Cohen's walloping Republicans pretty hard.  It must be refreshing to no longer try to defend the indefensible. Smile  Hopefully he'll take some people with him to prison.

I saw part of it. His testimony and statement do have the ring of truth. The R's do not. Step 1: Lead with an inflammatory accusation. Step 2: Immediately ask a question. Step 3: Do not allow a response; talk over any answer.

zsomething

Floridatexan wrote:

I saw part of it.  His testimony and statement do have the ring of truth.  The R's do not.  Step 1:  Lead with an inflammatory accusation.  Step 2:  Immediately ask a question.  Step 3:  Do not allow a response; talk over any answer.  

Yep, that's pretty much par for their course. Smile They seem to be freaking out quite a bit.

I cracked up about how Trump bought a portrait of himself for $60 grand and then bragged on Twitter that a picture of him got the highest bid at an auction... never mentioning that he was the fool who bought it. Very Happy If any one anecdote can sum up the story of Donald Trump, that may well be it.

RealLindaL

I loved the part where Cohen faced the Republican members of the committee who'd acted insufferably toward him (as FT so aptly described), saying something to the effect of, "I used to be just like you - defending Donald Trump," and going on to say that those who defend Trump could end up just like Cohen.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:I loved the part where Cohen faced the Republican members of the committee who'd acted insufferably toward him (as FT so aptly described), saying something to the effect of, "I used to be just like you - defending Donald Trump," and going on to say that those who defend Trump could end up just like Cohen.

What goes around, comes around and don't ask for whom it comes around for, it comes around for thee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum