Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

‘If true, he’s done’: Internet dances on Trump’s political grave after report the president suborned perjury

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Steve Vladeck
✔️
@steve_vladeck
I see your 18 U.S.C. § 2(a), and raise you 18 U.S.C. § 1622:

"Whoever procures another to commit any perjury is guilty of subornation of perjury, and shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1622 …

Orin Kerr
✔️
@OrinKerr
18 U.S.C. 2(a), for those interested. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2 …

View image on Twitter
10:27 PM - Jan 17, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
2,651 people are talking about this

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/true-hes-done-internet-dances-trumps-political-grave-report-president-suborned-perjury/?comments=disqus

Link to BuzzFeed article:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation?bftwnews&utm_term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

zsomething

Honestly, though, a Trump-Putin sex tape could surface at this point and the conservatives would go "So what, Hillarybama traded guns for uranium and Benghazi Sotero bathhouse pizzabasement Qanon agh-gah-gah-gah-gaaaah glurk glurk glurk!" They're so invested in trying-not-to-look-like-the-world's-stupidest-dupes that they'll defend anything Trump does at this point, just so long as they never have to admit, "Okay, me and my kind are stupid, childishly gullible, an astronomically poor judge of everything, easily manipulated, and should never vote or assume anything I have to say is worth listening to by sane grown-up adults."

They're three years old, Trump's the magician at their birthday party, and they want to believe they've got quarters behind their ears. They don't want "the libtards" to have been smarter and right and them to have been dumb and wrong, so they're gong to willfully stick their fingers in their ears and scream "la la la la" (or "Q! Q! Q! Q!") no matter what is turned up about the guy they put in office and kept supporting. And if it means siding with Russia, they'll do it. They'll surrender our flag in a fucking minute just as long as they get to surrender it to Putin instead of Pelosi.

There's honestly nothing that can be done with 'em except to work out some kind of free-range asylum deal where they get to still be crazy idiots but won't have much influence on the rest of the world. Because they're not going to take "you had your chance and this is what you did with it" for an answer.

I don't have any sympathy for 'em. Okay, they hated Hillary, fine, I get it, but they still had a slew of better candidates than Trump to pick out of their primaries and they still went with him because he was the biggest bigot, and, let's face it, they fucking like bigots. They don't like admitting it, but they consistently make every goddamn excuse in the world to keep supporting 'em, and to scream that everyone who stands against bigotry is an "enemy." I mean, these twerps view a Gillette ad as an attack on 'em... they can't handle anything, much less the idea that they're gullible and got conned, big time.

It's like Paul Krugman tweeted out this morning:

“A thought about where we are as a nation: We're living in the age of the unsurprising revelation. Is there anyone who doesn't already believe that Trump-Putin-treason is a real thing? Even Trump loyalists surely know it's true, they just think it's an OK price for the racism 1/

The question instead is when and whether the evidence will become so dramatic, so blatant, that Trump's defenders won't feel able to keep pretending they don't know. That is, it's not really about what we learn but about how it plays 2/

Think of the Steve King story as a dress rehearsal. Everyone knew what he was, and has for years. Somehow, though, we reached a tipping point where GOP leaders felt they had to say "We're shocked, shocked to find open racism going on in our party!" 3/

I don't know if we'll ever reach that sort of tipping point with Trump. But even if we do, remember: they've known all along, but were willing to sell out America as long as it was convenient 4/”

From what I know about way too many conservatives, they'll decide that, yeah, selling out America is worth it for the racism. They hate uppity-everything-but-old-white-males more than they love what America actually stands for, anyway. They've never been patriotic, just tribal. Trump being Putin's toadie isn't going to bother 'em much... they've already bargained that away to themselves a while back. They made up their mind to deny any facts that came out a long time ago. And that's what they're doing.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Gawd comrades are fucking stupid. Useful idiot barely scratches the surface. #fakenews

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” a spokesperson for special counsel Robert Mueller’s office, Peter Carr, said, according to the update.

Telstar

Telstar

[quote="PkrBum"] Gawd my tennis balls are sore. Granny please come and lick my fuzzy balls. Bring lots and lots of medication.

‘If true, he’s done’: Internet dances on Trump’s political grave after report the president suborned perjury Russia50

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum