Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confirmed ! We have a true leader as Sec Def nominated by President elect Trump

+4
Floridatexan
gatorfan
Sal
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-has-chosen-retired-marine-gen-james-mattis-for-secretary-of-defense/2016/12/01/6c6b3b74-aff9-11e6-be1c-8cec35b1ad25_story.html?tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.fd42370d2e90

Mad Dog Mattis! Semper Freakin" Fi

And the Corps owns the CJCS job as well .... Happy Days!

Markle

Markle

Tellthetruth wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-has-chosen-retired-marine-gen-james-mattis-for-secretary-of-defense/2016/12/01/6c6b3b74-aff9-11e6-be1c-8cec35b1ad25_story.html?tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.fd42370d2e90

Mad Dog Mattis! Semper Freakin" Fi

And the Corps owns the CJCS job as well .... Happy Days!

Another stunning choice.

Just as I expected, just because Donald Trump has no experience fighting wars or other things which be his responsibility, he is surrounding himself with brilliant advisers. He did not get where he is today without being excellent at choosing the right people for the right job.

This is nothing new. He began doing this decades ago. His father was vehemently opposed to putting a woman in charge of building a skyscraper in New York. As another example:

Confirmed ! We have a true leader as Sec Def nominated by President elect Trump Contractor_zpsznqksbru

Sal

Sal

He's gonna need a waiver because of that civilian control of the military principle.

I guess fascists don't give a shit about that.

Go figure.

Sal wrote:He's gonna need a waiver because of that civilian control of the military principle.

Go figure.

Would that be unique?

gatorfan

Sal wrote:He's gonna need a waiver because of that civilian control of the military principle.

Go figure.

Um, this is hardly the first time a former member of the military would become SecDef. LOL

Sal

Sal

A 1947 national security law said that a general must wait 10 years from leaving active duty before becoming defense secretary. An exception was granted on a one-time basis for Marshall, with lawmakers saying in special legislation at the time that it was the “sense of the Congress that after General Marshall leaves the office of Secretary of Defense, no additional appointments of military men to that office shall be approved.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-has-chosen-retired-marine-gen-james-mattis-for-secretary-of-defense/2016/12/01/6c6b3b74-aff9-11e6-be1c-8cec35b1ad25_story.html?postshare=5511480640953851&tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.ec4ec9d22a83

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:

Go figure.

Um, this is hardly the first time a former member of the military would become SecDef. LOL

He's an Islamophobe who wants to void the Iran agreement. He's supposed to wait 7 years after retirement to serve as Secretary of Defense. A waiver will be required for him to accept the position. Did you even read the article?

gatorfan

Sal wrote:A 1947 national security law said that a general must wait 10 years from leaving active duty before becoming defense secretary. An exception was granted on a one-time basis for Marshall, with lawmakers saying in special legislation at the time that it was the “sense of the Congress that after General Marshall leaves the office of Secretary of Defense, no additional appointments of military men to that office shall be approved.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-has-chosen-retired-marine-gen-james-mattis-for-secretary-of-defense/2016/12/01/6c6b3b74-aff9-11e6-be1c-8cec35b1ad25_story.html?postshare=5511480640953851&tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.ec4ec9d22a83

I believe it's 7 years but in any case what are the chances of a Congressional work around? Pretty good I would say. Mathis is a good choice as he has recent experience in the Mideast, a place as even the most subjective observer would have to conclude is a royal mess. He also has a very level head and has the utmost respect of the folks who would be working for him.

I'm now convinced you would complain if the Trumpet asked HRC to come back and serve as SecState again and Bernie Sanders to head Homeland Security.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
He's an Islamophobe who wants to void the Iran agreement.  He's supposed to wait 7 years after retirement to serve as Secretary of Defense.  A waiver will be required for him to accept the position.  Did you even read the article?

Yes, and he's already appointed one unhinged retired general to National Security Advisor and is considering for secretary of state another retired general who pleaded guilty to leaking government secrets - "LOCK HER UP!!".

What a shit storm.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:

I believe it's 7 years but in any case what are the chances of a Congressional work around? Pretty good I would say. Mathis is a good choice as he has recent experience in the Mideast, a place as even the most subjective observer would have to conclude is a royal mess. He also has a very level head and has the utmost respect of the folks who would be working for him.

I'm now convinced you would complain if the Trumpet asked HRC to come back and serve as SecState again and Bernie Sanders to head Homeland Security.

It was changed to 7 years in 2008.

Frankly, considering the freak show that Trump is assembling, my advice to Democrats would be that Mattis is not a hill worth dying on.

I would save that honor for Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

'He's an Islamophobe who wants to void the Iran agreement.'

The Defense Secretary doesn't set foreign policy.

What I cannot believe is PeeDog has started a thread supporting Mattis, a vocal anti-Semite, for SecDef.

Israeli-Palestinian peace process

Mattis supports a two-state solution model for Israel-Palestinian peace. He says the current situation in Israel is “unsustainable” and argues that the settlements harm prospects for peace and could theoretically lead to an apartheid-like situation in the West Bank. In particular, he believes the lack of a two-state solution is upsetting to the Arab allies of America, which weakens US esteem amongst its Arab allies. Mattis strongly supports John Kerry on the Middle East peace process, praising Kerry for being "wisely focused like a laser-beam" towards a two-state solution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Mattis

I agree with General Mattis here, and will likely soften my rhetoric against him. Perhaps he will be reluctant to sell or give our most advanced hardware to the Israeli's, who simply then turn around and sell our technology to our enemies (such as China).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Go figure.

hey loser boy, the GOP controls Congress. Eat it with a Spoon! There's going to be a lot of things you don't like in the next eight years. Best save your crying for something you value more. God knows we all know YOU could care less about the military.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:'He's an Islamophobe who wants to void the Iran agreement.'

The Defense Secretary doesn't set foreign policy.

What I cannot believe is PeeDog has started a thread supporting Mattis, a vocal anti-Semite, for SecDef.

Israeli-Palestinian peace process

Mattis supports a two-state solution model for Israel-Palestinian peace. He says the current situation in Israel is “unsustainable” and argues that the settlements harm prospects for peace and could theoretically lead to an apartheid-like situation in the West Bank. In particular, he believes the lack of a two-state solution is upsetting to the Arab allies of America, which weakens US esteem amongst its Arab allies. Mattis strongly supports John Kerry on the Middle East peace process, praising Kerry for being "wisely focused like a laser-beam" towards a two-state solution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Mattis

I agree with General Mattis here, and will likely soften my rhetoric against him. Perhaps he will be reluctant to sell or give our most advanced hardware to the Israeli's, who simply then turn around and sell our technology to our enemies (such as China).

He's rough around the edges for sure, just like me, but he doesn't set foreign policy so your objection is overruled.

Floridatexan wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Go figure.

He's an Islamophobe who wants to void the Iran agreement. He's supposed to wait 7 years after retirement to serve as Secretary of Defense. A waiver will be required for him to accept the position. Did you even read the article?

Iran has already voided and violated it. You're a bit dense on Foreign Policy. Unless it's about driving a school bus, you just aren't competent.

Sal

Sal

Tellthetruth wrote:

Go figure.

hey loser boy, the GOP controls Congress. Eat it with a Spoon! There's going to be a lot of things you don't like in the next eight years. Best save your crying for something you value more. God knows we all know YOU could care less about the military.

I only said he was gonna need a waiver, dumbass.

I didn't say he wouldn't get one.

It will be interesting to see how many legislators are willing to stand on principle and with precedent.

Gawd knows you wouldn't know anything about principles.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PeeDog is nothing but a heretic who is willing to bend his religious principles when it comes to his political beliefs. What is a good moniker for that type of person? Pawn? Sheep? Useful Idiot?

Mattis even praised John Kerry over his handling of Israeli policy under the Obama administration. That had to make PeeDog's skin crawl!!! Razz Razz

I can get behind appointees who take Mattis' stance on Israeli policy......

I wonder how PeeDog will react when President Trump breaks the mold and decides he will not kiss Prime Minister Bibi's ass? I will hail that move, too, and enjoy watching PeeDog's reaction.
Embarassed

Markle

Markle

Progressives and Democrats...is it possible to make a good WHINE with all these

Confirmed ! We have a true leader as Sec Def nominated by President elect Trump Sour-Grapes-Central_zpsdbzuri0a

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Tellthetruth wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Go figure.

He's an Islamophobe who wants to void the Iran agreement.  He's supposed to wait 7 years after retirement to serve as Secretary of Defense.  A waiver will be required for him to accept the position.  Did you even read the article?

Iran has already voided and violated it. You're a bit dense on Foreign Policy. Unless it's about driving a school bus, you just aren't competent.

You are just a pure genius, I guess. How dare you call me incompetent! What a pathetic rube.

Markle

Markle

General "Mad Dog" Mattis is an incredible choice for Secretary of Defence. He is a genuine soldier's general. Like General George Patton, he is also a voracious reader of history.

General Mattis retired three years ago because of "differences with the White House". That was because he could not, in good conscience follow orders which would lead, as we have seen, to failure.

After he retired, he took a very quiet, no publicity tour across the country during which he visited the families of the men killed in battle serving in his command.

One of his quotes I love....

"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact."

dumpcare

As peedog had his second woody of the week Green Berets accused mad dog of leaving men on the battlefield to die.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/02/trumps-defense-pick-accused-of-leaving-men-to-die-on-battlefield.html

A former Army Special Forces officer is accusing retired Marine General James Mattis, President-elect Donald Trump's pick to be defense secretary, of "leaving my men to die" after they were hit by friendly fire in Afghanistan in 2001.

Mattis has not commented publicly on the incident, which was chronicled in a 2011 New York Times bestselling book, "The Only Thing Worthy Dying For," by Eric Blehm, which portrays Mattis as stubbornly unwilling to help the Green Berets.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:As peedog had his second woody of the week Green Berets accused mad dog of leaving men on the battlefield to die.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/02/trumps-defense-pick-accused-of-leaving-men-to-die-on-battlefield.html

A former Army Special Forces officer is accusing retired Marine General James Mattis, President-elect Donald Trump's pick to be defense secretary, of "leaving my men to die" after they were hit by friendly fire in Afghanistan in 2001.

Mattis has not commented publicly on the incident, which was chronicled in a 2011 New York Times bestselling book, "The Only Thing Worthy Dying For," by Eric Blehm, which portrays Mattis as stubbornly unwilling to help the Green Berets.

Right...that's exactly why the SOLDIERS LOVE HIM! He has been and fought on the front lines! The KNOW he is one of them.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Would someone please tell me which of the many wars ole Mad Dog fought in were wars we won?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
Confirmed ! We have a true leader as Sec Def nominated by President elect Trump Sour-Grapes-Central_zpsdbzuri0a

You and PeeDog gulped that WHINE by the gallon from 2009 until this past November 8th. No wonder you both acted like you were in a drunken stupor all of the time!!

Confirmed ! We have a true leader as Sec Def nominated by President elect Trump Egg_on10

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Would someone please tell me which of the many wars ole Mad Dog  fought in were wars we won?  

As you know...LOL...General Mattis resigned three years ago because of his differences with Commander in Chief Barack Hussein Obama. Rather than carrying out the flawed instruction of Commander Obama, he did the right thing and resigned.

My informed guess is that the Rules of Engagement will change significantly when Donald Trump and General Mattis are leading our war on terror.

You do know that we won the invasion of Iraq and, being the failure he is, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama seized defeat from the jaws of VICTORY.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Would someone please tell me which of the many wars ole Mad Dog  fought in were wars we won?  

As you know...LOL...General Mattis resigned three years ago because of his differences with Commander in Chief Barack Hussein Obama.  Rather than carrying out the flawed instruction of Commander Obama, he did the right thing and resigned.

My informed guess is that the Rules of Engagement will change significantly when Donald Trump and General Mattis are leading our war on terror.

You do know that we won the invasion of Iraq and, being the failure he is, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama seized defeat from the jaws of VICTORY.

A victory which cost some 4,000 American lives. Apparently, the only thing that matters to you is which head of the two parties screwed up the most. Too bad you don't care about your country . . which is still paying for and fighting that war, and a few others which we obviously have no plans to win. How appropriate that Mad Dog is back in the saddle again ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum