Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

China Economic Growth Slows to Lowest Level Since 2009

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/10/19/china-q3-gdp-china-posts-economic-data-amid-trade-war-with-us.html

2seaoat

Trade raises all boats, impediments to trade lower all boats. Trump is a sixth grader.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Trade raises all boats, impediments to trade lower all boats.  Trump is a sixth grader.

That's way too much credit. My grandson, who's about to turn 5, has better manners.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Results matter.

2seaoat

Results matter.

You are joking right. You mean in your mind the crashing of the world economy where trillions have been lost in trade, by all nations, and you are naive enough to think that is a positive economic result......utter madness. You cannot be so ignorant of the Chinese mind set that you think that they live in the present.....they are playing the long game and will not budge. Do you realize the net effect of the NEW Nafta which Trump argues results matter.....less than a quarter of one percent possible gain with all kinds of losses projected in the future. You do not allow sixth graders to give economic opinions.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Why you're afraid to get fair trade is strange... or i guess stupid. Either way I'm sure it's appreciated by China.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Why you're afraid to get fair trade is strange... or i guess stupid. Either way I'm sure it's appreciated by China.

You are a dunce. Go sit in the corner.

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/414919-chinas-president-vows-to-lower-tariffs-increase-imports-amid-tensions-with-us

Chinese president Xi Jinping vowed to lower tariffs, broaden market access and increase imports on Monday.

Xi made the comments at a trade expo designed to demonstrate goodwill in the midst of the U.S.-China trade war, Reuters reports.

The U.S. and China have been smacking escalating tariffs on each other's goods as trade negotiations stall.

However, Xi's recent statements match comments Trump made Friday, expressing confidence that he could strike a deal with China at talks later this month.

“I think we’ll make a deal with China,” Trump told reporters.

“We’re getting much closer to doing something,” he said. “They very much want to make a deal.”

He said that any deal they reached would have to be "a good deal for the United States" and a "fair deal" for both countries.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He even talks like a 6th-grader...a very immature one.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Yes... that's what is important. Rolling Eyes

PkrBum

PkrBum

US-China trade war: Deal agreed to suspend new trade tariffs

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-latin-america-46413196

US President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping have agreed to halt new trade tariffs for 90 days to allow for talks, the US says.

At a post-G20 summit meeting in Buenos Aires, Mr Trump agreed not to boost tariffs on $200bn (£157bn) of Chinese goods from 10% to 25% on 1 January.

China will buy a "very substantial" amount of agricultural, industrial and energy products, the US says.

Meanwhile, Beijing says the two sides agreed to open up their markets.

The Trump and Xi deal: A temporary truce
It was the first face-to-face meeting between the two leaders since a trade war erupted earlier this year.

The dispute broke out after Mr Trump complained China was doing nothing to cut its large surplus in bilateral trade.

At the summit in Argentina's capital earlier on Saturday, the G20 leaders agreed a joint declaration that notes divisions over trade but does not criticise protectionism.

What are the details of the US-China accord?
Mr Trump and Mr Xi held a "highly successful meeting", the White House says in a statement.

It says the US tariffs on Chinese goods will remain unchanged for 90 days, but warns: "If at the end of this period of time, the parties are unable to reach an agreement, the 10 percent tariffs will be raised to 25 percent."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum