Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New jobless claims plummet sharply to the lowest level seen since the Clinton era

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=460733&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

The positive trend continues. Terrible news for republicans.

There are no special factors behind a stunning 23,000 decline in initial jobless claims in the October 11 week to a 264,000 level that is not only the lowest of the recovery but is lowest since all the way back in April 2000. The decline pulls the 4-week average down 4,250 to 283,500 which is the lowest since June 2000 and is more than 15,000 below the month-ago trend.

Continuing claims, which are reported with a 1-week lag, rose 8,000 in the October 4 week from the prior week's recovery low to 2.389 million. But the 4-week average continues to make new recovery lows, down 10,000 to 2.404 million while the unemployment rate for insured workers continues to hold at a recovery low of 1.8 percent.

This report offers convincing confirmation of September's decline in the unemployment to under 6.0 percent, at 5.9 percent. Next week's report will be especially important as the sample week will match the sample week for the October employment report.

New jobless claims plummet sharply to the lowest level seen since the Clinton era Showimage

I think that the people figuring these numbers are either bipolar or schizophrenic. Most likely a combination of both as it would mirror the bipolar-schizophrenic behavior of Obama's foreign policy.

You can't have record numbers of people on welfare and unemployment and have employment figures listed. Geobbels would be proud of you though.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I think that the people figuring these numbers are either bipolar or schizophrenic. Most likely a combination of both as it would mirror the bipolar-schizophrenic behavior of Obama's foreign policy.

People figuring these numbers? They simply report how many people filed an initial claim for unemployment. It's not as if there is some sort of intense number crunching going on here.

Apparently even counting is beyond the scope of the republican base.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:You can't have record numbers of people on welfare and unemployment and have employment figures listed. Geobbels would be proud of you though.

I suspect there were people like PACEDOG back in the early 1400s.  

"The earth cannot possibly be round!  Look!  Look around!  You can clearly see that it is flat!"

PACEDOG, you're an idiot.  Naturally, there are many things that you will simply never understand.  That said, your ignorance doesn't negate reality.

Nuclear physics exists even though you do not understand how to operate a toaster oven.  Quantum computing is a real thing regardless of the fact that you have to take off your shoes in order to count to ten.

2seaoat

It is all good news but this economic expansion has to reach an end. We are nearing records. There is going to have to be a correction at some point, but this news is phenomenal.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:It is all good news but this economic expansion has to reach an end.  We are nearing records.  There is going to have to be a correction at some point, but this news is phenomenal.

So to you, "nearing records" means peak "shared misery".

I bet you call an airliner landing at an airport to be PHENOMENAL!

2seaoat

So to you, "nearing records" means peak "shared misery".

When this country was driven into the ditch in 2007-2008, we came very close to a catastrophic economic collapse. President Bush with the bail outs and stimulus, and President Obama's 6 years of steady economic growth are almost a miracle. We are growing stronger. It is certainly not perfect, but any rational person cannot argue the objective economic news.

by boards of FL Yesterday at 10:22 am
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

You can't have record numbers of people on welfare and unemployment and have employment figures listed. Geobbels would be proud of you though.

I suspect there were people like PACEDOG back in the early 1400s.

"The earth cannot possibly be round! Look! Look around! You can clearly see that it is flat!"

PACEDOG, you're an idiot. Naturally, there are many things that you will simply never understand. That said, your ignorance doesn't negate reality.

Nuclear physics exists even though you do not understand how to operate a toaster oven. Quantum computing is a real thing regardless of the fact that you have to take off your shoes in order to count to ten.
--------
S
I
N

Name call

Pikes of turds exist too boards and you are the king of the pile

If these numbers were anywhere near true the Dems wouldn't be losing their grip on the senate and Obamas approval would not be 38%

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:If these numbers were anywhere near true the Dems wouldn't be losing their grip on the senate and Obamas approval would not be 38%

Can you elaborate then on what you feel is happening with these numbers? Is there a massive conspiracy going on that includes multiple independent agencies? Keep in mind that there are many entities that regularly release economic data. And the symphony of data that emerges from all of these entities all fit into the same picture of reality. If you're saying that weekly jobless claims data are faked, and yet this data fits into the economic picture that is painted by all of the other data that has been emerging lately from multiple independent entities, you're essentially saying that there is a massive conspiracy going on here.

It's not as if the BLS says the labor market is in the tank, ADP says the labor market is in the tank, Gallup says the labor market is in the tank....but then these jobless claims numbers are outstanding. All data from all independent organizations - in stereo - are all pointing to the same picture.

Let's hear it, PACEDOG. This is your chance to make your case for the clandestine conspiracy that you feel has taken hold in the world of economic data. Show us the evidence that you have compiled that leads you to believe as much.

Please proceed, governor...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Uh...governor?

boards of FL

boards of FL

And they never heard from him again...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:And they never heard from him again...

He probably needs to wait until the antennae on his tin foil hat line up with the antennae that send out signals to him from planet Uranus.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum