Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Early voting begins monday in Illinois

5 posters

i will vote

Early voting begins monday in Illinois I_vote_lcap100%Early voting begins monday in Illinois I_vote_rcap 100% [ 4 ]
Early voting begins monday in Illinois I_vote_lcap0%Early voting begins monday in Illinois I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

We will vote before noon on Monday.   Our house has been visited two times by Democrats asking us to put up signs.   In fifteen years we have never had a democrat knock on our door.  I will change my mind about the incompetence of Democrats when I see millions of new registered voters.  I was going to put a large sign in my dump truck bed using two pieces of plywood to make a sandwich sign against farm tariffs and our current Republican congressman who is a progressive Republican in talk, but votes consistently for trump stealing this country from the middle class.........get to the polls early.

zsomething

Not sure if the poll question meant voting early... I'm not voting early, but I'm definitely gonna vote, wouldn't miss it for anything!

2seaoat

In Illinois we vote early and often.

Deus X

Deus X

Vote by mail--you can examine the whole ballot, issue by issue and candidate by candidate and make reasonably intelligent decisions.

My Escambia County ballot has 13 amendments and two referendums on it plus the candidates for 10 offices and yes-or-no choices on six judges. Who the hell wants to sort all that out in a voting booth?

2seaoat

Who the hell wants to sort all that out in a voting booth?

Have brain will travel.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:Have brain will travel.

Yeah, to the post office to mail my ballot.

2seaoat

Support your local postal worker, and trust they do better than getting my utility bills delivered. They are still finding Al Gore ballots years later.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:Support your local postal worker, and trust they do better than getting my utility bills delivered.  They are still finding Al Gore ballots years later.

I know it's tough for an old fart like you but try to drag yourself, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century and do all that stuff online. I haven't written a check in years. Direct deposit for income and direct debit for bills. Paper is tres passe, Pop.

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:My Escambia County ballot has 13 amendments and two referendums on it plus the candidates for 10 offices and yes-or-no choices on six judges. Who the hell wants to sort all that out in a voting booth?

We've received our sample ballots and plan to read up more on the amendments, make/mark our decisions at home, and carry the marked up sample ballot into the voting booth for quick reference. I'm pretty certain we won't be the only ones doing that.

I did suggest voting by mail, but hubby pointed out that those ballots don't get counted right away. We both want to be part of the visible results on election night!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:
Deus X wrote:My Escambia County ballot has 13 amendments and two referendums on it plus the candidates for 10 offices and yes-or-no choices on six judges. Who the hell wants to sort all that out in a voting booth?

We've received our sample ballots and plan to read up more on the amendments, make/mark our decisions at home, and carry the marked up sample ballot into the voting booth for quick reference.  I'm pretty certain we won't be the only ones doing that.

I did suggest voting by mail, but hubby pointed out that those ballots don't get counted right away.  We both want to be part of the visible results on election night!

The amendments are confusing, to say the least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum