Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell." Phil Sheridan

+5
PkrBum
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
Telstar
Deus X
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Deus X

Deus X

Police Removed A Texas Yard Sign Showing A GOP Elephant With Its Trunk Up A Woman's Skirt

Police in Texas removed an anti-Republican political sign from a woman's yard Tuesday night last week, amid nationwide rancor over the Senate's vote on Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation to the Supreme Court.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/blakemontgomery/police-removed-a-texas-yard-sign-showing-a-gop-elephant

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell." Phil Sheridan Sub-buzz-1870-1538881784-1

Telstar

Telstar

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell." Phil Sheridan Republ11

2seaoat

The police had no right to remove those signs.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:The police had no right to remove those signs.

The neighbors, on the other hand ....

2seaoat

I would keep putting the signs up, and put more of them in my yard. Texas still lives within the borders of America, and the constitution and the first amendment protect every citizen from unlawful government interference in political speech.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I knew I'd regret opening deuce's post. It's obscene. If you think that's a message meant for kids you're demented. That you think that's ok to exhibit it in public is a real symptom of your own derangement.

Buy a fucking clue asshats.

Telstar

Telstar

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell." Phil Sheridan Pills10

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething

PkrBum wrote:I knew I'd regret opening deuce's post. It's obscene. If you think that's a message meant for kids you're demented. That you think that's ok to exhibit it in public is a real symptom of your own derangement.

Yeah, I wouldn't blame you at all if you stormed out of here and never spoke to any of us again.

PkrBum

PkrBum

zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I knew I'd regret opening deuce's post. It's obscene. If you think that's a message meant for kids you're demented. That you think that's ok to exhibit it in public is a real symptom of your own derangement.

Yeah, I wouldn't blame you at all if you stormed out of here and never spoke to any of us again.

I'm sure you'd rather feel free to practice your child rape art hobby without condemnation.

Tough shit.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell." Phil Sheridan Lol_zp14

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I would keep putting the signs up, and put more of them in my yard.  Texas still lives within the borders of America, and the constitution and the first amendment protect every citizen from unlawful government interference in political speech.

Agree. You have to wonder what the police reaction would have been had the cartoonish sign depicted a donkey doing something objectionable?

This is like the campaign worker for Mike Siegel being arrested in Waller County TX after answering the question, "Which party are you from?" with "Democratic" In this case the Secretary of State had to intervene and let the black college students attending a predominately black college in a very white town, vote using their college addresses. The case had been decided in favor of the students many times but the locals kept finding ways to block their voting. These are VERY determined white folks indeed.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:

I'm sure you'd rather feel free to practice your child rape art hobby without condemnation.

Tough shit.

Unless elephants have a very unusual way of mating I'd say the sign looks more like what the president was bragging about doing (and getting away with) on the Access Hollywood tape!

Deus X

Deus X

othershoe1030 wrote:...what the president was bragging about doing (and getting away with) on the Access Hollywood tape!

How come no one ever mentions the fact that what Trump said is true: There is a significant proportion of the female population that will LET rich, powerful men grope them. Are you okay with that?

We're all meat on the same bone: women are just as fucked-up and venal as men but no one ever talks about that--the outrage is always directed at the male.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:...what the president was bragging about doing (and getting away with) on the Access Hollywood tape!

How come no one ever mentions the fact that what Trump said is true: There is a significant proportion of the female population that will LET rich, powerful men grope them. Are you okay with that?

We're all meat on the same bone: women are just as fucked-up and venal as men but no one ever talks about that--the outrage is always directed at the male.

Deus X

Deus X

Oh, please...

PkrBum

PkrBum

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:

Tough shit.

Unless elephants have a very unusual way of mating I'd say the sign looks more like what the president was bragging about doing (and getting away with) on the Access Hollywood tape!

That is a depiction of a child being violated by an animal. You can imagine any replacement for the elephant you like. It's still a child (female) being violated. This is an acceptable political tactic for public display?

Are you so desperate/deranged that you can normalize that? Y'all really need to check yourselves.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:

Tough shit.

That is a depiction of a child being violated by an animal. You can imagine any replacement for the elephant you like. It's still a child (female) being violated. This is an acceptable political tactic for public display?

Are you so desperate/deranged that you can normalize that? Y'all really need to check yourselves.

No, it is not just a picture of an animal. It is a picture of the icon of the Republican Party depicting what the Republicans have taken as their accepted MO. From the Access Hollywood tapes to the Kavanaugh hearing they have sided with the men, the aggressors. They have dismissed the women as mistaken, confused or set on "destroying his good reputation". The cartoon sign is nothing more than a representation of the current Republican reality.

Republican senators stated plainly they were going to vote to confirm Kavanaugh no matter what the testimony revealed. 45 severely restricted the FBI investigation to exclude many more credible witnesses against Kavanaugh so they could conveniently say that nothing had been found. The Republicans have a life long appointment to the court and you are complaining about a cartoon yard sign, amazing.

PkrBum

PkrBum

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:

Tough shit.

No, it is not just a picture of an animal. It is a picture of the icon of the Republican Party depicting what the Republicans have taken as their accepted MO. From the Access Hollywood tapes to the Kavanaugh hearing they have sided with the men, the aggressors. They have dismissed the women as mistaken, confused or set on "destroying his good reputation". The cartoon sign is nothing more than a representation of the current Republican reality.

Republican senators stated plainly they were going to vote to confirm Kavanaugh no matter what the testimony revealed. 45 severely restricted the FBI investigation to exclude many more credible witnesses against Kavanaugh so they could conveniently say that nothing had been found. The Republicans have a life long appointment to the court and you are complaining about a cartoon yard sign, amazing.

You're clearly willing to use the violation of a child for political gain. The dems have just as many abuses.

I wouldn't and won't use a little girl to make that point. There's something wrong with people that will.

https://articles.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/10/woman_accusing_murphy_staffer_of_sexual_assault_te.amp

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Deus X wrote:

I don't know what women you hang out with but no one I know would LET someone grope them. Most women would be too stunned, I imagine, to react in the moment. Other women might slap or give the guy the knee. Do you think many women walk up to a powerful man, grab his hand and place it on themselves in some private area? I think not.

By "getting away with it" I mean he was not charged with the crime of sexual assault, which is what was referenced on the Access Hollywood tape. When women walk around grabbing men's hands to facilitate groping then we can blame them for it but not until then.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:

Tough shit.

You're clearly willing to use the violation of a child for political gain. The dems have just as many abuses.

I wouldn't and won't use a little girl to make that point. There's something wrong with people that will.

https://articles.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/10/woman_accusing_murphy_staffer_of_sexual_assault_te.amp

The painter's choice of a little girl is unfortunate in that it distracts from the heart of the message.

It would have been more accurate to have had a photo of 45 wandering through the dressing rooms at the Miss Universe contest oogling the nearly naked young girls. He said he could do that because he owned the event. Now, that would have been a portrayal of an actual event that would have reminded people about the attitudes the Republican Party has these days toward women.

PkrBum

PkrBum

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:

Tough shit.

The painter's choice of a little girl is unfortunate in that it distracts from the heart of the message.

It would have been more accurate to have had a photo of 45 wandering through the dressing rooms at the Miss Universe contest oogling the nearly naked young girls. He said he could do that because he owned the event. Now, that would have been a portrayal of an actual event that would have reminded people about the attitudes the Republican Party has these days toward women.

Unless the "heart of the matter" is that both sides have women abusers... it's simple political propaganda.

I'm sure that your devout blind perspective is appreciated though. Rolling Eyes

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:

Obviously some woman in your past took advantage of you, which has warped your perception.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:

Tough shit.

Unless the "heart of the matter" is that both sides have women abusers... it's simple political propaganda.

The heart of the matter is that the Democrats are listening to and believing women and the Republicans are largely treating their complaints as an inconvenience.  

The yard sign is speaking in the abstract. You have been approaching it from a more concrete perspective (except for the part where the cartoon elephant is mating with its trunk!)

The elephant represents Republicans (even though no Republican looks like an elephant painted red, white and blue) and the girl represents all females of all ages and races, females in general. It depicts the feeling of the person with the sign as being abused by the party for not supporting women's health care and being constantly condescending to the women who report sexual abuse.

This is actually how many women feel. This is why so many women are running for office all across the country on every level from school board to US Senate. It's not blind perspective, although you might be blind to it. It is women's perspective. It's an observation of the attitudes and feelings of millions of women.  We were reminded once again during the Kavanaugh hearings just what low esteem the men in charge of the Republican Party hold our gender.

PkrBum

PkrBum

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:

Tough shit.

The heart of the matter is that the Democrats are listening to and believing women and the Republicans are largely treating their complaints as an inconvenience.  

The yard sign is speaking in the abstract. You have been approaching it from a more concrete perspective (except for the part where the cartoon elephant is mating with its trunk!)

The elephant represents Republicans (even though no Republican looks like an elephant painted red, white and blue) and the girl represents all females of all ages and races, females in general. It depicts the feeling of the person with the sign as being abused by the party for not supporting women's health care and being constantly condescending to the women who report sexual abuse.

This is actually how many women feel. This is why so many women are running for office all across the country on every level from school board to US Senate. It's not blind perspective, although you might be blind to it. It is women's perspective. It's an observation of the attitudes and feelings of millions of women.  We were reminded once again during the Kavanaugh hearings just what low esteem the men in charge of the Republican Party hold our gender.

Yet you ignored my link above apparently... and Hillary's recent comments... and countless dem pervs.

Standard... sadly. You just hear what confirms your bias. That damages a serious issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum